Evil Indian/Hindu Caste System

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by duendy, Apr 15, 2006.

1. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Without this concept that god is actually dealing the effects of one's previous activities one will be in th eillusion that one can benefit another on the strength of their piety or something -

If people label someone's situation "as their bad karma" as a means for neglecting their duties towards them, then they get bad karma - heaps of incidents like that - like a sage was laughing at a street urchin getting slapped for begging from a rich man - the street urchin was the rich man's father (go figure how charitable he was in his previous life)
    Another one is how a grandchild was swinging his grandfather by the tail in the form of a mouse
    Like this there are many incidents - therefore it is common in places like india, at least by persons who are familiar with this knowledge, to be very mindful of their duty

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Caste=Race

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. redindica Registered Member

There is no direct support of a repressive caste system anywhere in Hindu(and you are wrong it was the Greeks and Persians that coined that phrase, the British just appropriated it) scripture. And if it was just a problem in Hinduism, then why hasnt EVERY Dalit converted....why? Because it's indemic IN ALL OF INDIAN SOCIETY.....this is why you live in England!

PM me I know some Brahmins in England that would welcome you into their home.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. redindica Registered Member

Right just to illustrate my point that the caste system is indemic to the whole of Indian culture and not just Hindus...I've quoted this before and it was ignored therefore here it is again..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

...I'll cull some equivilant info from Chritian and Buddhist converts when I have time (I have another post to put up on this subject first)

Soooooo here we go again.

You see by branding caste as an integrale part of Hinduism ONLY you are doing a diservice to your own people....
    More to come......Peace.

8. streetboy Registered Member

in vedas caste started merely as the classification of a 'chosen' profession. there were no natural progressions involved. one had to qualify to be engaging in a specific and skillfull profession.
    caste came to be cast in concrete after the first islamic invasion of india when invading muslim forces found it convenient to work upon caste to create divisions amongst hindus. apart from divide and rule this also made easy targets for conversions. and that is how caste came into being in a strong way in india during the last 1000 yrs of foriegn rule out of which 800 yrs muslim and 200 yrs christian.

9. lightgigantic Banned Banned

streetboy

Actually that is how the caste system started from varnasram - no mention of what you are declaring in the veda - varnasram is all karma an guna - one's station in life is determined by one's quality and the work one does - just like a doctor is qualified by his medical prowess etc, not his birth

They were able to do it because the brahmins were not qualified

10. streetboy Registered Member

many brahmins are now employed as sweepers and toilet cleaners. what caste shall we put them into? don't they deserve reservations?

11. lightgigantic Banned Banned

-Kali yuga Brahmin I guess

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are we into Kaliyuga LG?

What do the Vedas say about that?

13. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I guess we must be - sounds familiar doesn't it?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The vedas explain how there are universal seasons (4 make up about 4 million years) - so there is the equivelant of spring and the gradual decay through to winter, and then back to spring. - its cyclic like the seasons, with 1000 such cycles making up a manu and 14 such manus making up one day of brahma and 365 x 100 of such days making up the life expectancy of one material universe - anyway that makes quite a few kali yugas

So the vedas have many things to say about kali yuga - some from previous kali yugas and some from this kali yuga to come - there is one interesting conversation between Maharaj Yuddhistira and Markendaya rsi (a sage who got the benediction to live through many universal devastations and thus experience numerous kali yugas) - the king is a bit worried because kali yuga is just about to approach and the sage replies to the effect "Don't worry - every kali yuga is the same" -

By the time the age of Kali ends, the bodies of all creatures will be greatly reduced in size, and the religious principles of followers of varṇāśrama will be ruined. The path of the Vedas will be completely forgotten in human society, and so-called religion will be mostly atheistic. The kings will mostly be thieves, the occupations of men will be stealing, lying and needless violence, and all the social classes will be reduced to the lowest level of śūdras. Cows will be like goats, spiritual hermitages will be no different from mundane houses, and family ties will extend no further than the immediate bonds of marriage. Most plants and herbs will be tiny, and all trees will appear like dwarf śamī trees. Clouds will be full of lightning, homes will be devoid of piety, and all human beings will have become like asses. At that time, the Supreme Personality of Godhead will appear on the earth. Acting with the power of pure spiritual goodness, He will rescue eternal religion.

kind of gloom and doom stuff - but then winter tends to appear like that

14. redindica Registered Member

According to the Islamic Bahia faith it ended in 1844, however it's thought by most we are in the End Times now before the rebirth of the Universe.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What is the Islamic Bahia faith?

16. redindica Registered Member

My fault should read Baha'i (bahia is a Brazillian state! lol)

Founded by Bahá'u'lláh

More on the Baha'i Faith from wiki (as is the above).

Ignore the smilies!! (dont know why they've appeared!)....also it's not "Islamic" what I ment to say was Islam derived...sorry!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  17. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Then the question which naturally arises, apart from the fact that such information is not corroborated in the vedas, is why are we displaying the symptoms of kali yuga increasingly?

Are you trying to say that satya yuga appeared after 1844? How do you explain ww1 ww2 and the madness of the industrial age as sattvic activities?

In the early 1990's the sth Indian brahminical community held what they considered to the last of a complicated month long (that required many brahmanas versed inthe vedas to perform many complicated rituals and recitations simultaneously during the 30 day period) fire yajna for the next 430 000 years (ie the last one for kali yuga) - all the sons of the brahmanas had neglected the family traditions of learning the rites and vedas, having been diverted by career ambitions in IT and law - now the only upholders of such traditions were old men on the verge of death, the last of a generation- for kali yuga to have officially finished in the 1800's it still seems to be dragging on, without any sign of satya yuga on the horizon - in fact if you read the descriptions of kali, you can understand how we have more progress to make in order to complete a picture of worst possible scenario

18. VitalOne Banned Banned

Well you know all the technological innovations and stuff started around the late 1800s...the world we live in now is unlike any other time period ever in history....like a completely different world compared to the Dark Ages without electricity, cars, etc...never has the world been like this

19. redindica Registered Member

I'm not Baha'i so I'll not answer on their behalf (just making the point that there's one faith that belives it has happened). But you make some vital points. There are some astoundingly accurate accounts of the trust of society in the Kaliyuga....I'm a rationalist, but do sometimes wonder if it's all true.

20. lightgigantic Banned Banned

The dark ages is still kali -yuga - and given that the puranic time cycle is quite vast its quite difficult for us to determine what history was actually like -

To say the least satya yuga is vastly different than having a few mod cons - actually at the moment we are not materially advanced - we are advanced only in exploitation (symptomatic of kali) - like for instance its not like the quality of our food has increased, nor has the quality of our water or air - in fact given that the prediction by WHO is that the biggest health problem to face humanity in the next 50 years will be mental illness its doubtful that even our lives are better - and given the descriptions of the life expectancy of previous yugas one can undersatnd that even duration of life has diminished.

All we have increased facility for at the moment is the fulfillment of animal propensities - sleeping eating mating and defending - a dog runs on four legs and we run on four wheels for the same purposes

21. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I am not contesting what they believe - I am contesting that their beliefs are not backed up by vedic statements- in fact practically the whole of the Ba Hai faith is like that - they have a vision for world peace and altruism but they have no in depth scriptural knowledge - if you visit one of their temples or hear one of their discourses they will hardly be mention of any scriptural quote beyond mere superficiality

22. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Lightgigantic: in fact given that the prediction by WHO is that the biggest health problem to face humanity in the next 50 years will be mental illness

Referrences please. I know many who actually work for WHO in real time not in imagination or second hand reference I would like to see your bases and points of knowledge; meaning which report and from whom.

23. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I heard it from a who spokesperson at a conference once - although it might have been 20 or 30 years instead of fifty - also I recall an advertising campaign for mental health awareness week several years ago that said the same thing - here is one link I found in 30 seconds
    http://72.14.221.104/search?q=cache...df who mental illnes&hl=en&gl=in&ct=clnk&cd=6
    I am sure you can find more if you want