Everything About Telescopes

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Tristan, May 10, 2003.

1. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

It will probably see back in time to the "beginning" !!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

It will either find the white wall of the "Big Bang" or it will make the beliefs of every scientist flinch if it turns out that it cannot find the "beginning".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Crushing Belial Registered Senior Member

I viewed Mars mag. 2.83 with my Orion space probe 5.1" reflector telescope it was most tranquil.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

A friend purchased for me a Tasco Galaxsee 46114375 telescope this week. I am waiting for it to arrive, but if it is a typical Synta scope like what Orion and Celestron sell, it will be worth more than a few looks.

http://www.tasco.com/telescopes/print_46114375.shtml

Last edited: Sep 23, 2003
  8. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

9. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

Hey, I just got an Orion Expanse 20mm eyepiece. It is an Erfle design with a 66 degree field of view. Does anyone have experiences with these eyepieces?

10. Bachus Registered Senior Member

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the SkyQuestâ„¢ XT10 IntelliScopeâ„¢ , i've had the change to watch through a scope with the same size and then realized, my units too damn small

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So after i have moved i would like to purchase a scope wich is around that size.

11. Arch Rival Registered Member

Here's a picture of the moon taken through a Celestron C102 AZ. Camera used is a webcam(Creative Webcam Pro EX).

Anyone has any suggestions to improve the image?

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Arch Rival

Are you using a moon filter? An adjustable filter is a good option because it polarizes the different amount of reflected light from the moon as it waxes and wanes.

Do you use a stacking program? There are some on the internet for free.

Have you tried different exposure times?

Try to cut down on any vibrations that might occur while taking the picture, although I don't really see that as a problem with your image.

13. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

This image is rather crisp, the detail is exceptional!

14. Arch Rival Registered Member

The quality is okay, considering it's a Chinese Synta OTA and a cheap webcam

15. urbanpixiedust Registered Member

Remote Control Telescope?

I found this from Astronomylinks.com
    This is from the site:
    SLOOH is the first and only Web site to bring incredible, live viewing of outer space to the public. SLOOH has positioned high powered telescopes on the Canary Islands, one of the world's best locations for astronomical viewing, and is allowing people to control them from their own computer! Bringing the rhythms and wonder of space exploration to people of all ages, SLOOH's mighty telescopes are the centerpiece of 'LIVE' interactive missions to the 20 known wonders of the universe. SLOOH is now accepting a limited number of memberships for the first mission set to launch on December 25th.

http://www.slooh.com
    I just signed up!

16. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

Don't knock Synta... their OTA's are very descent compared to what was considered "good" 20 years ago and compared to what was the low end back them. Synta has done a lot to raise the bar for what is considered a low end telescope, and bring a crisp image of the deep sky to the masses.

17. Arch Rival Registered Member

Here's another pic.
    Celestron C102 AZ <== no tracking
    Creative Webcam Pro EX

18. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

Are you useing eyepiece projection?

19. Arch Rival Registered Member

No. Was using prime focus.
    Because of the small CCD, the magnification is quite high even for a medium focal length ota (C102 fl = 1000mm). The resultant magnification is about 110+.

20. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

21. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

I have posted a review here at Sciforums on the 20mm Orion Expanse eyepiece. Check it out!

22. democritus Registered Member

anyone know anything of the nexstar 114GT by celestron-- had any experience with it, worth the money? etc..
    thanks!

23. Arch_Rival Registered Senior Member

One more here: