Euro 2004

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by jadedflower, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

And Golf!

Just you wait until they legalise fatal sports...just you wait...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

You mean worse than boxing? That actually might be worth watching, something like the movie 'the running man', i could get into that im sure.....

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Yeah, things that come from videogames would be awesome. Speedball, Riot even WipEout! Woo!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Speedball would be good, for now i like ice hockey and football, both have got a lot of passion in and are quite good to watch.

8. DerSteppenwolf Registered Senior Member

what world do tou live at? perhaps you are so culturally influenced by the us that you think people around th world will change football for basketball or baseball. that's not a possibility, football's appeal is not only not decreasing but it is actually increasing in many arab and asian countries. the best example is china.

the only logic to ur statement is that you're saying that people will lose interes in all sports. again, i don't think so.

by the way, i don't mean to be rude so i beg your pardon if it seemed like it.

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

Well, I'm quite a fan of Martial Arts, so I think full on, totally immersive Virtual Reality martial arts fights to the death would easily replace football. All the gore, none of the guilt. That would be a good invention.

I'm not into being a sport spectator either. I'd rather do, that watch. So _watching_ footballers seems tedious at best. I only watch if I can learn from it. Football matches aren't instructional however.

Still, it won't affect me. My favourite pub won't allow anyone wearing football colours in, and doesn't have a TV. I don't even know who or when England are playing, and I couldn't care less.

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

DerSteppenwolf, if you believe that football will be here for a long time I think you are kidding yourself. Professional football itself is a very new thing, it's only nearly 200 years old. I believe that it's reached it's peak and will deteriorate into nothing as new sports are devised. Football now is popular, but for how long I ask you? But for how long?

11. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

12. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

I dont consider martial arts much fun or much of a sport, VR is a good idea but perhaps martial arts is too basic for it, good example though.
    I'd rather play for sure, but i dont know many people that are into it most of my friends dont like sports, so i watch, and i can really get into the passion of it even when watching, maybe because it actually means something to small clubs.
    Peaked maybe, it may maintain that peak, i dont see it deteriorating though, at least not in popularity, sure the money will go out of it, but there will still be millions that want to play, i know i would, and even if the money went i wouldnt notice the difference in what i watch, most of our players dont get paid much as it is.

13. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

There's a major, never seen before, nationalistic football related, anti-governamental wave here!!!!

SO WEIRD!

There are flags everywhere!! And near the European elections; the govmt is so screwed.

14. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Strange how these flags only appear when football is around. Can't remember the last time I saw a flag on election day or on any of the holidays. But football? Oh everyone loves their country then and of course, their team is better than yours.

15. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Unless there from australia.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But your right, flags arnt out at any other times, maybe its just that this country loves football and hates the government and probably they just dont know the holidays.

16. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Perhaps the politicians should compete in a football game before the elections

Perhaps more people would be interested in politics that way.

17. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I would actually pay to see that...although the thought of seeing John Prescott squeeze into shorts does sicken me to the core.

FETCH ME THE BUCKET!

18. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

lol, I think its just because the system we have for politics is a choice of bad or worse, maybe it would be better if we got to vote on any major decisions instead of voting on someone to choose what they think best for a couple years.

19. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

So you're asking for a government that doesn't make any decisions and basically holds referendums every day?

I think having spinless gits make the choices is better than letting the public make the choices.

20. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

I meant on big issues, like the war in iraq, many people didnt want it but to hell with the people they say, i just disagree since we are supposed to be democratic, same with the Euro, it is our lives these decisions affect after all and theres never a party that is 100% what you want, mostly not even 50%, not voting doesnt solve that but voting just means choosing the least worse party.
    But we are off the topic of sports now.

21. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

so eeeh did Portugal win yesterday

22. eddymrsci Beware of the dark side Registered Senior Member

England vs. France tonight! yeah!
    it's going to be the best game, I don't even know which team I should root for, I love both teams, they are awesome!

23. eddymrsci Beware of the dark side Registered Senior Member

and oh yeah, awesome win by Greece yesterday