Eugenics in the United States

Discussion in 'History' started by Asguard, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics_in_the_United_States

I was reading through this site which basically suggests that the US was almost as bad as germany in regard to racial clensing and atempted genocide. If this is the case then why does the world view the US as some how morally right in WW2. Sure other countries fighting germany oposed ethic clensing but that fact alone doesnt make the US morally superior, it just means they turned coat when they saw the cost of there own actions like any criminal who turns states evidence. Hardly the becon of freedom that is constantly pertraid

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There are rather sound scientific reasons for this, even if it involves a subversion of our rights, so it's understandable. To say that this would have resulted in genocide I think is a stretch. Germany didn't kill the Jews just to improve the race, there were deep historical hatreds due to religion.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

There are sound reasons for the forced sterilization and murder of eastern and northern eroupians? Your joking right?

Edit not to mention the murder of the poor, gay ect

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I mean eugenics, there is a sound basis on which to think artificial selection would produce dramatic results. Just look at dogs. Of course, forced sterilization is not compatible with human rights.

8. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

You don't read so good, do you?

A few tens of thousands of sterilizations, is not the same thing as genocide. Can you see where sterilizing some retarded people, is not the same thing as rounding up all the Jews and gassing them?

Because eugenics programs like these were ultimately marginal things, in either country in question. The moral judgement is driven by stuff like, y'know, large-scale military aggression and genocide. Stuff that Germany did, but the USA didn't.

9. livingin360 Registered Senior Member

I think we should resume eugenics.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

We do it every time we choose a mate.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You will go first then, ready to be sterilized? :shrug:

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I will!

13. livingin360 Registered Senior Member

For the benefit of mankind i would. I don't have any defects though. Its already estimated that high iq's will start to disappear from the world. How often do you see a highly intelligent person have kids but how often do you see a really low iq person have like 8 kids because they cant figure out how to wear a condom. Also not to mention what our medical industry will do to our genes. We better hope the human genome project will in some way keep our genome improving.

14. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't...well think!

If I could do it, it assumes I have a position of absolute power and influence. Why not use the people and take advantage of them, then reward them to keep them happy, and apply just enough pressure to keep them inline, but not overboard. and a whole bunch of things I would not name. I would lose a portion of population easy to satisfy, and a large base of power. If I tried eugenics, some intelligent man might decide to use that against me and rally the ones I deemed "unfit for society, which is a big chunk of people.

Eugenics is not good strategic thinking, leadership and management!

Try reading the Art of War, The Prince, Strategy and Games, Japanese Book of Five Rings etc. And study rulers like Caesar and Genghis Khan.

You will learn a lot of valuable life lessons!

Look at the wise and powerful Kings and Emperors and their lower castes...

Remember what happened the times in history where Eugenics have been attempted.

15. birch Valued Senior Member

you are not a leader. you can't even think originally in any way, shape or form.

the desire for power is so fuking lame.

16. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

God...not again...

I can't use morals and ethics with guys that don't have regard for human life, this approach was the only option...

17. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

True, I see what you are getting at, if you are not prepared to be sterilized yourself, you shouldn't promote it.

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

I love the way the Jews wish to pretend they were the only ones perceuted by the nazies. I bet the gypsies for one apreciate that. Further more actually reread that article, there was a political effort at least to use gas chambers to kill eastern and northen eroupians, and that's exactly what the Germans did. Americans went to Germany to perch ethnic clensing to the Germans. Doctor where using bioweapons againt "undesirable" patients and once the war ended the US shelted war criminals just because the government could use there "skills"

Great "moral" authority

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Who said anything about Jews?

20. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Err..."Jews" or something related to it always pops up in discussions about Eugenics, either at school or on the internet.

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

the Nazis hatred of jews had little to do with catholic and protestant views on jews and much more to do with where jews were in german culture to be the perfect scapegoat. if that were the case you would have seen much more support in the nordic countries and emulations. which didn't happen. hell if it was religious based uber catholic poland would have helped kill the jews in the warsaw ghetto rather than arming them.

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

You did

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Only to point out that the Nazi attacks against the Jews had much to do with religion, in that Christianity historically demonized them. In other words it was not the introduction of Nazi racial pseudoscience alone that caused the genocide. It would have happened even without it. I doubt this religious factor, the notion that the Jews killed their superman, was present with other minorities.