Etiquette in the Middle East

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by S.A.M., Jun 24, 2007.

1. John99 Banned Banned

Do you need someone telling you how to wipe your ass or wash your balls?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Apparently; have you seen the skid marks on your underwear?:bugeye:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

When did you convert to Islam?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

Guess it is a secret, what is the problem?

8. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://www.handwashingfacts.com/

9. John99 Banned Banned

The desert sounds more romantic/

Walking along windswept dunes, pulling a camel.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Still helps to keep the butt washing hand separate from the one going in your mouth, I think.

http://www.cdc.gov/cleanhands/

When washing hands with soap and water:

* Wet your hands with clean running water and apply soap. Use warm water if it is available.
    * Rub hands together to make a lather and scrub all surfaces.
    * Continue rubbing hands for 20 seconds. Need a timer? Imagine singing "Happy Birthday" twice through to a friend!
    * Rinse hands well under running water
    * Dry your hands using a paper towel or air dryer. If possible, use your paper towel to turn off the faucet

11. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Same problem, different approaches?

Pretty much the same things as the other site. 20 seconds sounds like a kind of arbitrary number though . . . any reasoning behind it?

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What, you NEVER eat with your fingers? Popcorn, chips, sandwiches, hors d'oeuvres?

13. Bells Staff Member

Does it slow down the whole class though?

It seems the problem lies with the education system at the school and not with the children who cannot speak english well enough.

You also need to understand it from the point of view of the children who do not speak english. These children do not have a choice. Neither do their parents. It is easy to say that they should go to their own school. But how can they learn to assimilate if they do not, well, assimilate. Their parents have no choice but to send them to the local school. And if they open up their own school, people will whine about that as well. Catch 22.

I think you and shorty need to look at the bigger picture. They are just children who are trying to learn a second language. And believe me, it is no easy feat. I've been there. They are lucky they have supportive teachers. So instead of beating down on the children (who are children and have no choice and are simply trying to learn, so they can be just like you) or their parents (who want their children to learn english so they can assimilate.. something you think they should be doing), demand action from your education system to set up ESL classes to not only ensure that these children are able to learn english properly, but to ensure that the rest of the english speaking class does not suffer.

Because you cannot demand they be one way with nothing to allow them to become that way.

14. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Ahhh, you might be right. They do need ESL. I have so many things i'd like to change about the government, my time is probably better spent aquiring firearms/likeminded people and sharpening my rifle shootin, than say standing on the Leg grounds with a nasty sign. Someday....Someday...

If I was in a family new to Canada, i'd probably learn english as best I could and teach my kids. They are the ones really suffering the most. Maybe the parents also don't give shit :shrug:

Anyhoo, the point of the thread is Etiquette. In the middle east or whereever the rule of thumb should be "When in Rome...do as the Romans".

15. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

HOW DID I GET AN INFRACTION FOR THIS JAMES???????? Anti-semitism

My dad says I am like a jew because I get such good deals sometimes.......
    How is what I said so TERRIBLE?

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Most people, in civilized societies, wash their damned hands before they eat ....AND after they've taken a shit or piss!

But in the Middle East, they don't??? All they do is try not to use the wrong hand to handle the food? And those are the same people who are handling all of the produce and cooking all the food?? Oh, my god! They do all that by using only one hand?

Baron Max

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Now you know.

18. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

I was wondering about something. If your left hand is the dirty one and it's offensive to give or receive an item with the left hand, how can two friends hold hands in the street without walking sideways?

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its not the "dirty" one, its merely the one not used for shaking hands or eating. Thats plain and simple hygiene. If you're holding hands, surely you're beyond such considerations?

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

shorty_37: See my explanation in your complaint thread.

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Why don't they just wash their fuckin' hands after they shit or piss, then they wouldn't have to worry about such things???

Baron Max

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Of course they wash their hands Baron, this is just extra hygienic precaution (as you well know).

23. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Such considerations as hygiene?

I wouldn't lick the toilet bowl after my friend's relieved himself.

I don't understand why people would go to such lengths in the name of hygiene and then touch somebody elses left hand with their right.