Erroneous Formula

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by Willem, Apr 7, 2019.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Then your claim is that the Weak interaction does not exist?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Willem Banned Banned

Yes, because the Feynman diagrams show no cause, just an effect.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

How do you account for observed rates of beta decay in unstable nuclei, for example, if there is no weak interaction?

Why do you think the idea of a weak interaction was introduced into physics in the first place, if things like beta decay could be adequately accounted for in terms of the strong interaction alone?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Willem Banned Banned

The observed rates will be shorter for happening by the strong force? The mathematics is built into the experiment, then the result is that which is expected from the mathematics. One must build something random in to get the truth under the random condition.

A desire for transforming quarks?

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

But the mathematics is not built into the experiment. Experimental measurements of decay rates just measure the rate without making any assumptions about the expected answer, based on mathematics or anything else. What happens is that scientists then compare the measurements to theoretical predictions, which is what tells us whether the theory is any use.

exchemist likes this.
  9. Willem Banned Banned

Don't they need to compute the size of the reaction chamber for example? The assumptions of the computation gets built into the device like this. Certainly: if you don't build in a charge detector, you are not going to detect charged particles.

They measure it with clocks in units of seconds, the unit expected from the assumptions.

10. Willem Banned Banned

11. Willem Banned Banned

12. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

That statement is so profoundly absurd and just plain stupid that I think Willem should get an immediate ban, followed by deletion of all his threads and anyone who was unfortunate enough to read this should have electro-shock therapy to erase the memory of what he wrote. This does not even rise to the level of pseudoscience, it is more like stuposcience.

I am going to stick my tongue into a light socket to try and forget, it might kill me but it is worth the risk.