Equality is cheap crack for the ignorant

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by ripleofdeath, Feb 25, 2010.

1. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

Equality is cheap crack for the ignorant.

true equality is something most oppose.

most people spend their entire lifes attempting to achieve entry into an elite group where equality is the complete opposite of the ethics and morals of the group.

your opinion... ?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nasor Valued Senior Member

You need to specify exactly what you mean. Usually when people talk about "equality" they mean equality of opportunity - not having a major advantage or disadvantage in life because you're of a certain ethnic group, gender, or whatever per se.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

“All the citizens of a state cannot be equally powerful, but they may be equally free”

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”

“The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.”

“Men are born equal but they are also born different”

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

"Equality" is a very vague and vaporous term. Even a single individual may use it in several different ways in the span of just one day.

If you intend to continue this discussion, you MUST specify precisely which facet of the word you intend to focus on.

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Equality is nonsense, no matter how you use it. Every rational civilizaton has a hierarchy.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

"The penalty for success is to be bored by the people who used to snub you" - Oscar Wilde

10. Learned Hand Registered Senior Member

Nah, crack for the ignorant are lottery tickets and gambling halls. It's like a tax on people who can't do math.

Politically, socially, financially, and personally, people in the USA have still have their Bill of Rights, and all men are created equal according to at least to one particular document that embraces Lockean philosophy. Such equality is either your panacea or Pandora. Depends on how you view others and the world.

11. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

I do not treat people equally because people are NOT equal. I treat them fairly. I do not treat a priest the same way I would treat a drug dealer.

12. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Thank you! You are a moral man!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Doreen Valued Senior Member

So if each of them sexually abused a child, how would you treat them differently?