Episode 2 Predictions

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 8, 2002.

?

How good do you think episode 2 will be?

Poll closed May 16, 2002.
  1. Awsome! Incredible, academy award quality!

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. It'll be cool but the acting will be lame.

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. The acting will be great but the fight scenes will suck.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The movie will be okay.

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. I'm not into Star Wars so I won't see it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'll go see it for fun but it won't be too good.

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  7. AOTC is going to suck majorly, they won't make the next movie because the revenue made from it will

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. I don't know. I try not to stamp movies with a good outlook or a bad one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Radek D'Vorak Registered Member

Thanks!
    1. Crooklyn!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Read qiute a few of the reviews the general concensus is that the FX are great but the film lacks good dialogue (surprise, surpise) and a self contained plot. Being a sci-fi junkie the lack of self contained plot doesn't bother me too much, I'm surprised that at this point Lucas hasn't colaborated with a co-writer who can make his scripts come alive.

P.S. How do I get an avatar?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reid Registered Senior Member

Pollux V, the number of votes I posted now is the current number of votes, new ones comming in every day

Anyone can vote and as soon as the movie has its première votes will be comming in

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I plan to see it this thursday, we have a half day in school (because of star wars-haha I wish!!) so me n my sciforums buds will likely be able to go.

Avatars-first you should find one that you like that is I think 50x50 pixels or some measurement by that. If not, save it to your hard drive as a .gif and go to gifworks.com, where you can resize it to suit your needs. Then, come back to sciforums and click on control panel. Toward the top-middle of the screen there is a link that says 'options' or 'user options,' something like that. Click on it, and scroll down to the bottom of the screen. There should be a button that says 'change avatar.' You should be able to take it from there.

I'll be sure to post my review as soon as I get back. Count on it (you can trust me, after all I am your beloved scifi guru!!)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hoth Registered Senior Member

If it rates ANH above ESB, I'd say that automatically invalidates their voters. Throw 'em all out, I need a recount.

My avatar is from AOTC, but it's a bit hard to identify.

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Well it's only a slight margin. More people need to vote, that's all...

And yes what scene is that pic from? Mine looks like it's from the special edition of ANH where they fight the stormtroopers in Mos Eisley (ah, remember those days?) as the Falcon takes off. But I'm not sure.

9. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

So, who's the first here to have seen it? Did anyone go to a midnight screening?

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Just got in from AOTC

It's definitely a Star Wars film.

Eye-popping, mind-numbing, the standard choppy dialogue, and simply perfect.

Yoda. Lightsabre. Cost of admission.

Worth it.

And, yes, Jar Jar is, in fact, an important part of this story. I think y'all will be amused.

may the force be with you,
    Tiassa

11. Hoth Registered Senior Member

It's taken from one the Episode II select photos, found it a long time ago. http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/select/2000/12/select20001228.html

I won't see AOTC until next week... I'm using restraint and maintaining control of myself, I didn't want to take the quick and easy route and risk going over to the dark side.