epidural or no epidural?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Lori_7, Jun 15, 2011.

?

would you recommend an epidural or natural childbirth and why?

1. i had an epidural and i'm glad i did.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. i had an epidural but i wish i had given birth naturally.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. i gave birth naturally and i'm glad i did.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. i gave birth naturally but i wish i had opted for an epidural.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

No, the weirdness is all between the ears...ATM. Other than the whole thing about having the male finger pattern...apparently if your ring fingers are significantly longer than your index fingers it *may* indicate prenatal testosterone exposure in a female...as it's more typical of a male hand. My ring fingers appear to be a good quarter-inch longer than my indexii.

And Fwiw, my hands and feet are huge.
    :shrug: Not that there's any statistical connection to anything.

Sadly, had I been ambiguous, they would have any nonstandard naughty bits off when I was a baby.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Doctors do that then, and still. I don't even approve of male circumcision for babies...if they want that off, let them wait until they are old enough to make an informed decision about it.

The problem with altering genitally ambiguous babies? wrong guesses.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Been catching up on this thread......

You have just identified a very valid point, Lori, in admitting your fear of pain, as being very definitive, almost to the point of terror.

Based on that single honest comment, I would continue to do the research on the various types of pain control available to women during the birthing process in order to be very well informed of the benefits and potential risks of each.

As you sound to be cognizant of the importance of a good diet and exercise, I expect you will be in very respectable form come the time of birthing.

Promise yourself to utilize the best available technology to mitigate your discomfort, based on your research AND WHERE YOUR HEAD IS AT, at that time.

Making babies is a natural process and we are living in a very advanced day and age, compared to even a few decades ago.

Grandfather taught me that there is nothing to fear but the fear itself.

It is natural to be afraid of pain......and lots of other things.

Bravery is not about absence of fear.....it is about acknowledging your fear and doing whatever needs doing in spite of it.

You are pregnant. The baby will need to be birthed. You have natural and assisted options available.

Regarding female participation at forums, I am on one other science forum and females are in the minority, for a fact. I suspect that may be for the reason that women network in a variety of other ways, such as shopping, and various community organizations. Likely doesn't leave much time for the internet......

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Yes, heard natural childbirth does indeed involve a giant orgasm at the end.

Yeah, scheherazade had it...I think you should use pain control too.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

atm? what's that mean? i thought you were a guy. my bad.

and yes i agree, unless it's to eliminate some kind of a health threat, i don't think forcing surgery on a child just so you can easily shove them into some gender roll is legit. pretty horrifying actually.

8. Anouk Registered Member

Hmm, but you are going to experience pain anyhow..epidural or not. The contractions do hurt too, even (long) before the labour itself.
    Why are you so scared, I wonder? Your body is in full control. Just follow it.

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i don't know. it bothers me that i am though. maybe it's because i really haven't experienced a lot of physical pain in my life. a few fractured bones but, they only hurt for a minute. i had a cramp in my leg not too long ago that hurt so bad that the color drained out of my face and i thought i was going to pass out. i'd surely never want to feel anything like that again. but that's about it.

10. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

So, no compound fractures then.
    I could do just about anything on codeine. That is some seriously happy stuff.
    When they plated my arm back together I saved half a bottle for migraines. Yay.
    Have a whole bottle left from my sinus op. Woot.

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

:m: