Enterprise. Why does it suck?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Crabbles, May 6, 2002.

1. Crabbles Registered Member

Poor story lines, weak characters or is it just past it's sell by date.
    I have been really disappointed by the new series, being a prequal it has given itself far to many constraints with regards new story lines.
    It still seems to be stuck in a time loop, just the same old thing being recycled with an ever more mediocre character line up backed by formula script witers just going through the motions.
    Voyager had to introduce 7 to inject a bit of life but I can't see where this would help what is a lame duck in my opinion.
    Please give Archer a dress, I always think of Scott Bakula in drag, it's a quantum thing. At least it would give us some controvesy to hide the mind numbing lameness of the scripts.

Is it time to enforce the retirement age laws I wonder? Has Star Trek come to the end of it's life cycle?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

But it does have groovy space chicks.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Crabbles Registered Member

Now an all female crew, with one exception,topless if possible, would boost my interest a bit.

Episodes to die for

The Aerobics class.
    Artificial gravity breakdown.
    Does my ass look big in this???????????
    Dr Crabbles joins the crew

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dracula's Guest Twisted firestarter Registered Senior Member

I dont think Enterprise is quite that bad. The problem with it is that its exactly the same premise as the other series. I like the fact that they have taken it back into the past to bring it closer to our own time. I think Star Trek needs to be toughened up a bit, it would just be nice if they could scrap the premise of another Starfleet crew zipping through the galaxy. Its had a much better start than The Next Generation did (TNG was great but those early episodes sucked big time). I dont know why they cant try something different for a change

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

The problem is they just want to make more and more money and they don't bother planing the stuff just put the name to it and expect that it will work

THAT is why starwars will make so much money and it wont

9. Dracula's Guest Twisted firestarter Registered Senior Member

wont what??? wont work? wont be as good as the others? You might be right on that. Star Wars will make lots of money regarding how good the actual film is, though its more space fantasy than actual sci-fi.

As for Star Trek, they're really mauling the series to death by churning out a new series every few years. They should have waited a bit. Give it time to rest, and think of new ways in which they could take Star Trek a step forward.

I've been watching 24 recently, and while its not sci-fi, its one hell of a good series. Its just so different because the series is in real-time and the entire series is focused on this one event thats going on. Why cant the makers of Star Trek do something interesting like that? Someone needs to slap the producers round the face a few times

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

I ment wont make money but wont work and wont be as good as the rest is ok to

I like farscape because its funny

11. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

The only thing that makes occasional viewing of this otherwise lifeless program bearable.

Peace.

12. Dracula's Guest Twisted firestarter Registered Senior Member

To be fair, Enterprise made a much better debut than the Next Generation did. Technically speaking its well polished. Enterprise isnt really much different from Voyager and some of the other series in many respects. The series is fairly average because its too similar to the other series

13. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

I assume that you are implying that Star Wars isn't doing the same thing right?

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

HELL YES

Gorge Lucas has always planed 6 films and no more

He put QUAILITY into them

He is not just cherning them out for the sake of it

THAT is the difference

15. kmguru Staff Member

When you have seen the future (Voyger), what more is there? Time to go back and reminisce old times. It worked for HG Wells "Time Machine"...

Going to past gets boring pretty quickly. Cann't go too far to the future of uncharted ideas - because there are very few writers out there that can keep it together....

So...Limbo it is...

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

I wish gorge made another triliogy about what happens next

17. Shamoo Registered Member

Star Trek has Jolene Blalock, and then they make her ugly on the show. i don't know what they were thinking, they ruined the show

18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Two words

Two words: Scott Bakula.

Actually, I can't say this and be fair, but it sounds good.

Something about the way they've packaged the show. The opening theme sucks. The scriptwriters ... ugh, I don't know whether to feel sorry for them or to stuff them in mailboxes in the midwest.

But it's not a "Star Trek" show. It doesn't look like it, doesn't feel like it, and seems to be aimed toward a different audience than traditional Trek projects.

And that's why it sucks. Nearest I can figure.

thanx,
    Tiassa

19. Dracula's Guest Twisted firestarter Registered Senior Member

I dont see whats so bad about Star Trek re-inventing itself. Trekkers seem so against the idea of the series transforming itself into something different. Some of the old skool fans hated The Next Generation when it started off and stuck to their long treasured Original Series, but now, TNG has gone on to become a classic in its own right. Why shouldn't the makers of Star Trek change the series into something different that might appeal to people who wouldnt class themselves as Star Trek fans? Enterprise leaves a lot to be desired for, but to me, some parts of it aren't any different from an average episode of Voyager or TNG. If anything, the series is too similar to the previous trek outings, it hasnt really re-invented itslef enough. Its the same old premise

20. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

Please don't send them to the midwestIts bad enough living here without them too.

21. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I think that they should put Next Gen back on regular tv, like the real networks (abc, cbs, nbc) with all the writers of that show and the premise and everything, just bring everything back. Next Gen was the star trek show and it could be brought back, unlike the original, because everyone from that is really old now.

Let's face it: that's what we want. Nothing new, just the same ole hearty trekkie goodness from the best modern trek series.

22. The Radek D'Vorak Registered Member

Berman, Braga & a staff of inept and unimaginative writers.