Enhanced image of the sky from the earth?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Yosef, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Yosef Registered Senior Member

Hello,

I am looking for a picture of the sky from earth where all the tiny lights from distant stars are enhanced. It was something that I saw at NG Channel and I want to have that sort of picture.

You see a clear sky with thousands of lights...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

from Google images

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Yosef Registered Senior Member

Thanks. But I think this is a Hubble picture. The one I saw on NG channel was from earth. You cannot see galaxies there, but hundreds upon hundreds of small lights.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

Are you thinking of something like this?:

You take this type of picture simply by leaving the cameras shutter open for longer than normal. There's no magic or photoshop to it.

8. Yosef Registered Senior Member

@prometheus

Thanks a lot mate

Is not that picture amazing! I think the dense cluster in the middle is the milky way. Do you know where this picture was taken ?!

Would you please suggest any Google keywords I can use to find even more ?!

9. Blindman Valued Senior Member

Re image in post 4.

There is no motion blur on the stars and to get that it would require very high ISO 64000 or more.. ISO at this level are very noisy which the image does not exhibit.

How this picture is most likely created. Two photos. One a long exposure on a tracking mount for the sky and the other of the landscape at a medium exposure 10-30 seconds depending on the ISO.. There is little noise in the image so im guessing low ISO 400-800

The photos where then combined in photoshop to produce an outstanding image.