Endor: Uber Ewoks or Imperial Ineptitude?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Roman, Nov 7, 2005.

1. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

outnumbered 6-1 against a poorly armed bunch of bears.

the troopers had FAR superior equipment,they had blasters,grenades,armoured vehicles,speeders,a fortified base,body armour,better training, more combat experience,and they STILL lost.

thats not bad luck,thats shity troopers.

1 fed captain held off an ARMY of primitve humanoids armed with sticks and rocks and killed HUNDREDS of them with JUST a hand phaser.and every other time trek comes up against a primitive culture in combat they ALWAYS win,sure a few redshirts get killed,but MOST make it back alive.

from ALL instances where both sides come up against primitve cave men,trek is leading by far in survivability and competance.

bad luck?no,bad troopers.

id rather have one hand phaser over a REGIMENT of troopers any day of the week.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

Should give the starter of a thread the power to block people from it.

Since when was this thread "Ewoks vs Stormies vs Clowns" ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

stormies suck balls.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

Oh yeah nice form of debate.

8. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

thats called showboating,its what bad winners do.

9. Roman Banned Banned

They have an emperor, and by the definition you gave in another thread, that would make them an empire. What was the name of the second movie? The, the What Strikes Back? The Federation Strikes Back? No, was it The Shrike Strikes Back? Ohhh, The Empire Strikes Back!

So were the Conquistadores, and the technological discrepency was only late Renaissance to sophistacated Stone Age tech. And they were fighting an incredibly militaristic enemy on their home territory, outnumbers 100's to one. And the Conquistadores kicked ass.

Explain how an army that has access to technology we can only dream about gets defeated by tiny animals with sharp sticks.

Either
    A) Storm Troopers are truly pathetic, which doesn't make sense as you'd think someone would have picked up a sharp stick and put an end to the Empire ages ago
    -or-
    B) Ewoks have the ultimate power, following the path of ninja (or perhaps inhabited by the ghosts of ninjas).

10. mountainhare Banned Banned

Hapsburg:
    More like 'bad script writing' by Lucas and co.

11. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Small difference the Aztecs and Inca's thought the conquistadors were gods. Plus they did not have the help of 50 Commmando's with repeating blasters. I love how every one reads the rebel victory on endor as proof that Imperials suck.

Okay let's set the record straight on odds
    Imperials 6 Speeder bikers, 250 Stormtroopers, 3 AT-ST's

Rebels 50 commandos, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, 1500 ewoks, 1 Gliders, I trip line, One twin log trap, 1 rolling log trap, 4 Catapults, 1 AT-ST, and terrain advantage.

Now if commandos are anything like todays commandos each of them is worth 3 Stormtroopers in open ground.
    Han has proved to be a match for 10
    Leia is a match for 5
    Chewie steals an AT-ST and destroys the other one.
    Log Traps ruin 2 AT-ST
    Trip lines take care of speederbikes
    So 1500 ewoks only have to match 85 storm troopers and they have armored support (the AT-ST)

Given the terrain there is only one way the battle was going to go.

12. Roman Banned Banned

Eighty five armored storm troopers (with blasters) vs teddy bears with sharp sticks.

You know, the Spanish did better than that, and they're opponents had obsidian axes, armor, a military tradition, were the size of men, and the Spanish were only armored with incomplete steel pieces, their weapons swords and muzzle loading firearms.

Which leads me to believe that the Ewoks are far more powerful than anyone gives them credit for.

13. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

Usually to be a bad winner you have to win first. What you were doing was admitting defeat since you dont have any argument.

Thanks for playing, dont let the door hit you on the ass.

14. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

well one fed with a hand phaser could have taken out hundreds of ewoks.

weak or incompatent,either way stromies are WORTHLESS in battle.

15. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

I was talking about Mars' overwanked ST UFP, not the Galactic Empire.

Bad luck, and bad Lucas.

16. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

lucas WROTE SW,you cant say its bad writing if you are arguing for it.

lucas says stormies are weak,so thats the highest form of canon.

deal with it.

17. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually not bad Lucas and not bad writing. A bad writer would have had the ewoks getting massacred in an open field engagement. A good writer recognizes that an aborignal tribe spring an ambush is plain nasty.

18. bandwidthbandit Registered Senior Member

Native guerilla forces often do well in insurgency warfare. Look at Iraq. The Ewoks are bad ass little insurgents who just happen to look like tedddy bears. And don't forget what they were going to do to Han, BBQ him, before Luke used Jedi powers to trick them in to believing C-3P0 was a god. They eat people for dinner. That's hardcore.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

No, actually. Lucas' writing make stormtroopers UNLUCKY, not weak, in the face of main characters. Character shields, retard. It's a commonly-used plot device, and not just in SW.

20. Arquibus Master of Useless Information Registered Senior Member

Roman, to counter your comparison to conquistadors, I'd like to point out a few things.

The conquistadors were viewed as friends or gods by the native tribes, meanwhile ewoks just felt their land being encroached upon.

The conquistadors spread disease through the natives that wiped out many of their numbers, while the ewoks were unaffected by such things, most likely due to Imperial hygiene.

The Aztecs in particular were hated by those who they ruled. The conquistadors had many allies against them. The ewoks, on the other hand, did not one help the Empire.

The Aztecs and Incas may have had warrior tradition, armor, etc., but both were fat and lazy empires that had grown weak in their lack of opposition. Meanwhile, ewoks dealt with powerful enemies on a regular basis, like the Duloks, the Hanadaks, the Marauders, and the mighty Gorax.

The ewoks, for all their supposed cuteness and primitive ways, were very effective fighters on their own planet.

21. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Yeah Star Trek is especially guilty of this. Against the Borg and in Nemesis it is beyond blatant and into disgusting.