Endor: Uber Ewoks or Imperial Ineptitude?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Roman, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Arquibus Master of Useless Information Registered Senior Member

Have you ever been stuck with a pointy stick, Mars? My personal opinion is that you took one to the head area, but I'll leave that alone. I have been stuck in the leg with a spear, and it doesn't feel good. If your infantry don't have armor, I'd imagine that those pointy sticks used for hunting dangerous wildlife would be pretty effective in close quarters. In the meantime, your reasoning behind accuracy is pathetic: video games are not real. Also, I suppose the accuracy of the weapon in the game would be a direct algebraic expression related to how good the player is. Something like this:

A=accuracy S=skill R=rate of fire Sh=Shots taken H=times target is hit

A=RSH/Sh

As you can see, rate of fire times skill times target hits divided by shots taken equals accuracy. Therefore, lets fill in the one variable we know:

A=Rx0H/Sh
    Based on the Zero Property of Multiplication, any number times zero (in this case, Mars's skill). This indicates that the following progression should be true:

A=Rx0/Sh
    A=0/Sh
    According to the Zero Property of Division, zero divided by any number but zero is zero. The following is thus true:

A=0

As you can see, accuracy equals zero because Mars's skill equals zero. Therefore, this equation cannot be solved, and, as such, is an unreliable account of the accuracy of the blaster.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

No, but it is sure fuckin' painful, even if you have body armor. Even if the spear doesn't pierce the armor, which it never did, it would still whack ya over the head pretty fucking well, and a head wobblin about inside a reinforced helmet would probably knock you out.
    The only times the spears even penetrated the stormie's skin is when it went through the black bodyglove, NEVER the armor.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

amazing how he thinks the spear was the ewoks only weapons. The little buggers had a working glider and catapults too. Not to mention bolas and bows.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

its funny how you think thats impressive technology.

ST comes across primitive races ALL the time,and it never brought down there ENTIRE empire.

sw must be weak or something to lose to ewoks.

1 hand phasers on wide stun would have nullified there ENTIRE race in seconds.

captian tracy fought off an entire army with JUST a hand phaser,he killed HUNDREDS of yangs by himself.and they were a primitive race,only BIGGER then ewoks.

so,250 stormies vs 1500ewoks=lose

1 fedy vs an ARMY=fed kill hundreds,but loses because its an ARMY vs 1.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  8. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

I cant see his post, but does it say something like....

REDSHIRTS WOULD cum IN DARTH VADERS MOUTH AND destroy THE UMPIRE ?

9. mountainhare Banned Banned

I'd have to agree with mars13 on this one. The fact that the Ewoks managed to defeat a contingent of the Empire's FINEST troops (as the Emperor himself describes them) is unbelievable and ridiculous.

Once moment, well-trained, well-equipped storm troopers with walking tanks are canvassing the area, and then the minute it's like 'OMG WE ARE GETTING PWNED BY A BUNCH OF TEDDY BEARS WITH STICKS AND ROCKS!!!11ONEONE!'

These are the same storm troopers which almost totally eliminated the Jedi. One moment the storm troopers are kicking Jedi ass, the next they are getting owned by teddy bears. The only valid explaination is Lucas' shitty script writing.

We observe Lucas' shitty script writing in Episode 3, where Palpatine manages to PWN three Jedi Masters quicker than you can blink with a couple of clumsy swings of his lightsabre, and then PWNS Mace Windu and Yoda. Sure, Palpatine is powerful, but that's no reason to make three Jedi Masters like look inept morons. 'Oh, Palpatine has just leaped at us with a sabre, so I'll just swing my lightsabre back like a baseball bat with a stupid look on my face, while he stabs me."

10. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Well actually after seeing the Emporers stats compared to the Jedi he killed so quickly, I'm amazed they got their lightsabers out.

Now I am here to correct some falacies.

The Empire did not fall becuase of the battle at Endor. It fell becuase there was no clear heir after vader died. It managed to hang on to most of the galaxy for years before the Rebel Alliance forced them inot a section that was stil 20% of the galaxy. At this point the Remnant struck a deal with the New Republic and declared a truce.

Second the finest troops may have been just the most loyal. it is how a lot of dictators define fiest.

11. Arquibus Master of Useless Information Registered Senior Member

Vader's Fist, the Imperial 501st, were the finest, not the crumby garrison on Endor. I noticed Mars once again didn't reply to me. I guess he agrees that a pointy stick stuck in his head would hurt, although for him it wouldn't strike anything vital, so I guess it wouldn't be fatal. Anyway, its obvious that mountainhare didn't read my previous posts, or he might have seen why the Ewoks and the rebels got lucky and beat a small garrison of troopers. The Ewoks, for all their supposed primitive nature, had more effective tactical knowledge of the region that the troopers, as well as the home field advantage. Meanwhile, the Stormies were equipped only for light security measures, and their officers were unwilling to be there.

12. Harlequin Banned Banned

You guys are quite serious about all this, aren't you....

13. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually not as much as you think, but since it is a immature topic why should we take the nature way out of it?

14. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Harlequin:

Yep.

15. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

the fact is,when the heats on stormies just blow it.

losing to teddy bears is just sad.

im sure glad ST doesnt lose to primitive cave men,it must be the superior training and equipment.

16. Roman Banned Banned

How would bolas hurt a storm trooper? Assumably his neck would be cased in armor so as to prevent such a thing from happening.

17. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

if you notice,trooper armour didnt stop ONE attack in ANY movie.

almost like there armour is weak and pathetic.

18. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

The main part of a bolas is to entangle the enemy. Armor would actually make it easier as you would have a tougher time untangling it.

19. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

The Armor was not intended to stop blaster fire. It was designed to stop physical attacks, firearms, shrapnel andslow up the blaster damage. In Episode III we see the fore runner of stormtroper armor let a trooper survive a blaster shot, even if he was wounded. In Episode II we see that it protected the troops from the shrapnel of the AT-ET explosions. So you are clearly lying.

20. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

well it didnt stop those either.

stop making me laugh with your ULTRA impressive displays of power.

losing to cave men is REAL impressive,SW MUST be stronger,as they LOSE to ewoks.

help,help,the big bad storm troopers are going to get me,i hope i can get some sticks and rocks to fight off the MIGHTY empire.

lame ass.

21. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

As I have said in the other thread you need to start making rational and intelligent posts. This thread was about how the ewok could have won. We need you to stay on focus and not give you "ST pwns All" arguments.

22. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

im just saying losing to cave men is impressive,its a true testament to the empires superior strength.

23. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

The federation isn't an empire, asswhacker. It's a...federation. Retard.

Crunch the numbers. They were vastly, and I mean vastly outnumbered, plus there were several elite rebel commandos, the luckiest mofo in the galaxy, a force-sensitive princess, and a sasquatch. The sasquatch also stole one of the AT-STs.
    Bad luck is what conspired against the Empire, not incompetance.