Empirical Evidence of God

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Bowser, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

So we have much to say on the subject of God, but I'm curious what would serve as empirical evidence for those who don't believe in God. What is it that you need to prove God's existence? Would it be something physical, solid--something you can hold in your hand? Or is there something else that would prove his existence?

People are asking for evidence, but I'm not certain what it is exactly that would satisfy their needs. ???

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

They create their own idea of God, then when you say here is the evidence, they reject, and/or deny it. Notice the folks will never discuss God as defined in any scripture.

They will assert that scriptures are man made, and cannot be used as reference.
    Yet they don't mind using scripture when they think it supports them.

These folks are not only atheists, they are Anti-theists, and anti-God.
    But they make for great discussion mates for theists. They allow us to not become complacent in our theism. They keep us alert.

So thank you atheist people. You perform a great service for God.

Jan.

P. S - That last paragraph should read accompanied by triumphant sounding music, for best effect.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Tried it. And it works.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Will be using it for more triumphant statements.

Jan.

8. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

ev·i·dence
    \ˈe-və-dən(t)s, -və-ˌden(t)s\
    noun
    • :something which shows that something else exists or is true
    • :a visible sign of something
    Mirriam-Webster

Can you work it out from the Mirriam-Webster definition?

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's your problem.

10. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

So what are you after?
    A photograph?

11. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

If you are asking for evidence of something and are totally clueless what the evidence would look like, it is actually your problem .... assuming one expects all the ranting one does about there being no evidence to be taken seriously

12. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

I'm not the one who has to come up with the evidence, it's one the believers. If they can't do it they should consider that fact.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Nope, it's not my problem to help you prove your premise. Either you can provide legitimate evidence or I can dismiss the premise as unsupported. You are asking me to provide an empirical route to prove the supernatural when the supernatural is defined as that which cannot be supported empirically. I can't fix your nonsense. If and when someone is able to show that the natural is not all there is, we can talk, but I don't know how or if it's even possible.

14. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Sit Him down on my couch.

There's an expression, "the elephant in the room." It's funny how believers like to pretend that God is the elephant in the room - i.e. something that you can't avoid noticing. Yet they can't point to one single, solitary, blessed thing that is noticeable by everybody. I can think of things you would notice if there was an elephant in the room. Why can't you?

15. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

So what criteria would a photograph of God have that a regular photograph would not?

16. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Doing aside with your begging of the q error in conflating the natural with the empirical, what would evidence that the empirical is "not all there is" look like?

I mean, as things stand, you can take any empirical line of inquiry you care to mention and end up with a grossly incomplete picture.

If you wish to limit the evidence to empiricism, you already have what you would require.

17. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Move Mount Everest next to the pyramids

Or walk through the solid part of the Great Wall of China - length ways

David Copperfield walked through the Great Wall but he was hidden behind a screen so I am going to presume that was a magic trick

But either of the events in paras 1 or 2 would be fine

You could even put up your own suggestion now you have a couple of templates to work with

18. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Evidence proof? Just get someone or thing to appear and give reason and critical thinking skills to believers. ..No one could ignore such for not being a miracle supporting supernatural powers...
    We sure could make a list but it is up to believers to offer evidence that is compelling they cant come near reasonable as yet...still fun to make up a test..could be like a job application...I like moving land marks around but maybe an advanced species could do that with technology so that will not prove we have a good test...If God had of addressed this problem we would not have this problem..if he appeared weekly flying onto the balcony to be with the pope...regular so you could watch on TV..quick come and look God is visiting Trump today to deliver a new health care plan.
    Come back and do the loaves and fish catering thing with Ramsey...
    Appear in each church all of them at once every service presenting to mirror that religions concept of God.
    Why not...really you could expect a little more involvement...again Gods problem to solve.

Alex

19. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I can do neither. But that is what you require of God?

20. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Not a list of what God is not. We know God is not a car or a pony, not even to theists.

21. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

How would someone doing all this prove they were God?
    Decked out with a few gadgets and a suport team, you could go back in time and wow the locals in a similar manner.

22. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I would disagree. God is all things. I could be no other way.

23. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Cure all forms of cancer and cause peace to break out.