Emancipation

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by MewSkitty, Feb 18, 2005.

1. MewSkitty Sciforums.com sucks! Registered Senior Member

*I tried to start this topic a few days ago, but my computer froze from a virus called Trojan Horse (I could be from the 'night time' site I was visiting) so I don't think it went through.*

I'm fed up with my family, though I live with my mom and little sister only, but their both just pure evil and cruel. I want to file for emancipation, but when I tried to research it on google, all I got was sites telling how it affects child support and all that other stuff and I couldn't find a single site telling how to file for emancipation. So, can anyone tell me how? From what I know, here's some information that would effect wheather I can file or not:

I'm 15 and a half, and I live in the state of Nebraska. I live with my mom, who never married my father (lousy slut) and I know a few things about her that could put her in prison or give her one huge fine, or maybe both. The reason I don't want to go with my father is that a few days ago my brother, who's 17, was released from prison into my dad's custady and he's tried to kill me a few time, and to tell the truth, I'm scared of him.

I think this information would be helpful, and if you need to know anyhting else I'd be glad to tell you.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

How's she cruel?
    Won't get you the latest reeboks? Won't let you party at darryl's house while his parents are away for the weekend?
    Or does she keep you in a pit, shitting and pissing on you everyday, which also happens to be the only fluid and nutrients you have access to?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. My Sexy Blue Feet Out sunbaking, leave a msg... Registered Senior Member

Talk to your school councillor, or the police. Even the court house, they'll be able to help you. Or your government financial assistance office.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. OverTheStars Registered Senior Member

Look up your state's website, and there should be a judicial section for you to go to.

In the courthouse they should have a pro-see office and they give free legal advice, and direct you where to go to get the forms and things you need.

Do you have a decent job? Can you support yourself entirely?

I know in Maryland when you turn 16 you can decide for yourself where you want to live, such as family or friends and so on. Perhaps you can live with one of them, once you turn 16(or whatever the age is for your state).

Is it really as bad as you think it is? I was stuck living with my mother and her mother in-law, and while she was doing drugs right in front of me, her mother in-law's crack head boyfriend would beat her with a cane and try to molest me. With no running water, power, and so on. My mother, stepfather, siblings and I were stuffed into a tiny room at night and shared one bed together. So now I live with my aunt, and she has custody of me. It would be so much easier and cheaper to live with some other family member or friend then emancipate yourself.