Email password cracking

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by sonicgirl, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I find it strange that the first reaction to his behaviour should not be concern, but a desire to invade his privacy.

Why would you "snoop" around a person you supposedly care for?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

are you sure?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

What would be strange to you SAM........catching him in bed with someone?
    No other behaviour would be strange even if it just suddenly appeared out of nowhere?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sure I'm sure. Do you think there is anything inherently evil about being affectionate?

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So if your friends or family members behave strangely, you go through their pockets or purses? I find all this self involvement unhealthy. I would hate to have a friend or significant other who did not trust my commitment or judgment, or with whom I could not have some element of privacy. If I leave my purse with him, will he go through it to check up on me, will he go through my phone, my email? Ugh, its frankly, highly distasteful to me. You appear to be more concerned with your interests than the others.

Do you also go through your kids stuff?

9. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

To be honest, I don't know. But I suppose if I do so, it will give him problem
    (uhm, you know what I mean dont you

). But its also not a big problem,
    I could sit on another chair. Btw yesterday he told me, if you feel bored you
    can sit on me sometimes :truce:

uhm sorry, I guess now I am out of topic.

10. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Shorty,

I see what you're saying and you have a valid point, HOWEVER, how would you feel if the Canadian goverment started doing the same shit that Bush is trying to do with his domestic surveillance/spying program; that would allow them to snoop through your email if they 'suspected' you of being a terrorist or something? Would you be OK with that? Because the government having carte blanche surveilling ability to go through your emails and such is exactly what sonic girl wants to do to her fiance`.
    I can fully understand her predicament though. But like others have mentioned, there are other ways to find out.
    What if her fiance finds out that she's snooping and kicks her to the curb, and she never finds out whether he was cheating or not?

11. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

If someone is acting strangely around me, I ask them whats up.
    Do you want to talk about something? Is something wrong....whatever.

Nobody is just going to go through someones emails, phone or wallet for no reason. (unless i need a few bucks,
    which I tell him after the fact that I took it)

We are talking about HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOUR that doesn't add up.

My kids stuff, no I have no reason to suspect them of anything.

If one day when they are older though and started acting like different
    boys then I raised, started lying all the time, not doing what they should,
    their grades started failing, they were with the wrong crowd.....If I suspected drugs or something, I would snoop sure ......its my house they are under my roof.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  12. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

The government knows everything about you already lol

K this scenerio was about 1 1/2 yrs ago.
    Well a friend of mine was telling me that her co worker a good friend has been suspisious
    of her husband for a while. He has been caught on the computer late late at night, then
    suddenly clicks it on to another page. She asked him,, blah blah he couldn't sleep whatnot.

She felt bad for doubting him but couldnt let the feeling go that something was going on with him.
    She left it for months, although kept bringing it up with him. He was doing the same thing with
    his cell phone, not letting it out of his sight... blah blah you know.

Anyway a girl at work finally told her that she would help get into his computer and stuff.
    (this other girl didn't know her way aroundt he computer, and her husband knew that)
    She left it for a week or so, feeling guilty in case she was wrong about him.

Anyway to end this story.........she got in and found that he had made a profile on ADULT FRIEND FINDER
    He had tons of emails from women.......really BAD stuff. He also was meeting up with a couple of them.

So do you think she invaded his privacy?
    Do you think she should have just excepted his excuses, and still be living with the lying ASSHOLE?
    What other way was she to find this out? He kept assuring her nothing was up and he was a good ACTOR
    He could have picked up some disease and given it to her, from picking up these sluts.....I don't
    blame her one bit for what she did.

13. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

My God, thats horrible.

There is a saying, if you don't want something to be stolen, give it away.
    I could not understand, why would people cheat. Why? Because they are
    not free to do it openly

Also, do you honestly believe we could control somebody like 24 hours a day?
    How do you know if your couple don't have more than one email address??
    More than one mobile?? If a person intend to cheat, there are always ways
    to do that. I suppose if we are suspicious we will go crazy. Relationship must
    be based on trust. If we are also honest, I dont believe our couple will cheat us.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I am no longer surprised by what passes for a relationship in some places.

15. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Ok Shorty,

You have went on and on about intuitions and gut feelings being right. SO, with that said, if intuition is usually always right and a woman's gut feeling tells her that her man is cheating, then she really doesnt' need to do any further snooping, and should just kick him to the curb.
    If 'intuitions' are always correct, then she does not need to do any snooping to confirm her suspicions.
    AND...if the guy is cheating, that's wrong. That's very wrong, BUT so is snooping and invading privacy. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    But three rights make a left. LOL

16. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I would want solid proof before kicking a long term relationship to the curb.

So you would feel bad if you checked up on your g/f based on months of gut feelings,
    to find out you were right, she was cheating on you?

I wouldn't feel bad one bit! In fact he would sure feel bad when I found out !!! lmao

17. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

That tells me that one's intuition is not always right, and thus debunks your statement in the other post that it is.
    So which is it, Shorty? Is someone's gut feeling always right or not?

You can 'check up' on someone w/o invading their privacy. Do like cops do and ask them the same questions (although word them differently each time) and see if their story changes. I would NOT snoop or invade someone's privacy to acquire solid proof. Their behavior would be proof enough for me.

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

ALWAYS right .....no........Majority of the time for me its right.

Ok well everyone would handle it differently, as we have heard.

Nobody knows your partner like you. Everyone will react differently too.
    This girl may do what she planned to find nothing. This doesn't mean her
    fiance will drop her if he finds out she was snooping. They may have a big argument.....kiss and make up end of story, who knows:shrug:

I personally wouldn't break up with a LONG term relationship because my partner did some snooping on me. I would love the person enough
    to overlook something so stupid, esp if he was a good guy that got a little
    paranoid or jealous, that isn't a reason for me to end it.

19. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Majority is good enough. So, then what's the point of following/confirming your gut feeling if it's right the majority of the time?
    OR
    What's the point of even following your gut feeling if you're going to invade someone's privacy to confirm it? If it's right the majority of the time, no need to confirm it. Confirming your gut feeling just means you don't trust it.

You are right. Everyone will handle it differently, but as you've seen on other posts here, I'm not the only one who finds snooping (especially to the point of invading someone's privacy) very disrespectful.
    I mean, c'mon, asking how to hack into someone's email??? That's bad enough but if you actually did it; that kind of shit can get you fired from a job and possibly prosecuted in some situations.
    Are surveillance cameras allowed in restrooms? No. Even though a lot of shoplifting goes on in the restrooms, and cameras would probably help in keeping shoplifting down, it's still an invasion of privacy.

Like you said, everyone will react differently. You have your relationship deal breakers, and I have mine.
    Sorry but I just feel that snooping, especially like sonic girl wants to do, is a violation of someone's trust and privacy. I feel that behavior like that is borderline possessive and psychotic.

20. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Top 10 Signs of a Cheating Man

1. Spends less time with you.
    A cheating man must use the excuse of working long hours, extra meetings and dinners or other unexplained functions so he will have time with his “other” woman.

2. Isn’t as affectionate any more.
    Your sex life in almost non-existent because of his other commitments. He doesn’t want to cuddle, watch a movie, hold hands or do many of the touchy things he used to.

3. He changes his physical appearance.
    A cheating man usually starts buying new clothes, gets a new hair style or begins working out because he wants to be attractive to the other woman in his life besides you.

4. Car changes.
    The passenger seat in the car has been moved or there is an unknown hair on the car seat. Perhaps the radio station is on an irregular station because that’s what she likes.

5. Change in temperament.
    A cheating man becomes more short-tempered because of the guilty feelings as a result of the infidelity. Things that usually did not bother them suddenly start bothering them.

6. A new fragrance.
    A cheating man may smell of perfume, smoke or alcohol, especially if he hasn’t had time to change them from meeting with her.

7. Behavioral changes.
    A cheating man frequently becomes defensive when questioned about his whereabouts. He may turn it around to accuse you of being insecure, possessive or snoopy.

8. Cell phone changes.
    A cheating man can not leave his telephone turned on when with you because his other woman may phone him. He may leave the room to have a telephone conversation or say strange things after he picks up a message from his lover. Watch for calls in the middle of the night. If you have access to his telephone bill, check it closely. Look for repeated unknown numbers, times and durations.

9. Computer usage changes.
    A cheating man may utilize a computer to seek out partners or communicate with. If your man is on his computer for long periods of time at night and he closes the door so you won’t see him, he may be communicating or chatting with his love interest.

10. Changes in spending habits.
    You can tell if your man is cheating if he is suddenly always broke. He’s broke because he is spending all of his money on the other woman. Watch as to whether he is paying with cash and making more frequent ATM withdrawals to cover his paper trail. Check any receipts, bills or stubs that you may have access to.

21. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Top 10 Signs She’s Cheating

. Scent of another man
    Scent is a very important sign of cheating girlfriend, but if she suddenly starts wearing a new fragrance, the alarm bells need not sound off. She might be simply trying to spice things up in your relationship. Going off the deep end too soon could damage your love life — permanently. However, if you smell another man’s cologne on her clothes, hands or neck, then she may be planting her lips where she shouldn’t. Watch out.

2. She doesn’t criticize you anymore
    There was a time when she cared about what you did or said, in fact, she used to hound you about those type of things. Now, it seems that she couldn’t care less if you were dead or alive and concern about your habits, good and bad, have retreated to the recesses of her mind. She might have simply given up on trying to convert you or she finally accepted your faults, but she could have just as easily met someone else who does not have your faults and bad qualities.

3. You caught her in a lie
    Catching her in a flat-out lie is a key sign that she is cheating on you or doing something wicked. When you discover that the person you’re supposed to trust has been lying to you, your feelings will surely run the gamut — from anger to rage, and from frustration to sadness. But keep this in mind: if men are stuck with the "once a liar, always a liar" lyric, the same stigma can be applied to women.

4. Your sex life is nonexistent
    In the past, the two of you went at it like wild animals in heat, but now she gives you the cold shoulder when you try to initiate sexual relations and intimacy is nonexistent. Either she has lost interest in you, which is not good, or she is getting her kicks elsewhere, which is really not good. It’s time for a talk if the two of you are still intimate but find that she lacks any desire for you.

5. She has a new wardrobe
    She has an entirely new wardrobe, her lingerie has taken a cue from Victoria’s Secret and her hair looks great. She could be cheating on you, but here is a warning to the paranoid: if she started a new job, for example, she is probably not cheating. If she is doing this all for you, wake up and please her as she is not cheating on you… at least not yet.

6. She’s getting in shape
    She hits the gym, eats healthier and she has her eyes set on becoming fit in a short time span. Again, she might be looking to improve her health and lifestyle or she might be doing the extra laps for you. But if she gets home from the gym, showers and runs out (without telling you where she’s off to), then something is up.

7. She works longer hours
    A surprising number of women have admitted that if they were to cheat, it would likely be with a colleague. So unless she was just promoted, has a project to close or she’s in the midst of a busy season, her work hours should remain more or less stable. If she suddenly starts working 60 hours a week instead of 40, she might just be "logging" in those 20 extra hours on someone else’s pay sheet. You should take note, as it might be time for you to punch out.

8. She likes her new colleague
    Your girlfriend might be cheating if she was, at one time, constantly talking about her new male colleague, pal or friend and suddenly stopped. This guy, who at first seemed to seemed to be the center of the universe, suddenly disappeared from the radar. Actually, he only disappeared from your radar, as he has become the number one bogey on hers. If you see your girlfriend showing any form of affection toward another man, alarm bells should start ringing. The only instances that you shouldn’t suspect her of cheating are if this man is a relative or an old friend. Could this reverence for the new star employee be the reason she no longer invites you to the office parties?

9. You’re cut off from her family
    Her family is now exactly that: her family. One reason for the extra barrier might be to facilitate the eventual separation caused by her cheating or she needs her family to cover up for her. Perhaps the "in-laws" are in the dark as much as you, and would not condone her actions. Whatever her motives, you have discovered that you actually miss the family gatherings that you once dreaded.

10. She has become defensive and paranoid
    She thinks that you are out to get her when you are genuinely clueless about her cheating ways. She stutters and worries excessively when you ask her innocent questions. She answers some phone calls and reacts awkwardly, while she completely avoids other calls. Her sudden fear and paranoia have you worried about her health, until you realize that her health regimen has been getting an extra dose of protein.

Maybe she’s just the cheating kind…
    If you notice any one of the aforementioned signs in your girlfriend or wife, don’t fly off the handle just yet. Remember, it’s important to keep sudden behavioral changes in mind as you examine and contrast her regular actions against her new attitude. When you suspect your girl of cheating it is best to follow your instincts first and to keep an eye out for any number of signs. Naturally, our first instinct when we discover a cheating girlfriend is to end the relationship. However, this is up to you and you need to consider what you might have done, if anything, to provoke the cheating and how much time you have invested in the relationship.

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Because you'll alert the target. No investigation proceeds realistically that way, in any sector. Does the VP send an email around that there will be a surprise inspection? No, he just goes and does it.

If he has nothing to hide, then there should be no problem.

I certainly would. I have a duty and responsibility to their survival and protection. I'm not letting my evolutionary investment wander off laissez-faire. Drug and alcohol problems - among others - get missed that way.

Relationships are also an investment. They take time and money.

Protect your investment.

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

:bravo: finally someone that agrees with me.

As for the children, thats what I said. I have the right as their mom.

If I suspect they are doing drugs or something. It is my job to keep them safe. I will talk with them first, but if I catch them lying I have no problem snooping around.
    It's just like I have talked about the internet with my 11 yr old son.
    He has messenger.. but I know who he is talking with on there. I also
    check any online games he wants to play first. Alot of his friends parents could give a shit what their kids are doing. He has a friend on this street (girl) she is 13. She made a profile for my son on this site, he mentioned it to me and i checked it out. I went there to find out that his age said 14
    (because thats how old you are supposed to be) Then I checked it out,
    to find much older people on this site with alot of SUGGESTIVE profiles and pictures. I was horrified to see young girls about 11 or 12 they looked like
    posting pictures in their thongs!!! He took the profile off I was pissed and we had a TALK!!.........Parents NEED to keep an eye on things!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.