Electric cars = Battery Pollution ?

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Anomalous, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Anomalous Banned Banned

besides biofuel I got an Idea. Ever used a toy car with a spring that stores energy ?
    U just key in the wounds on the spring and the energy is released as it unwounds.
    I am saying this because its a battery, yes it is. SO why not take it to a whole new level using this http://www.terradaily.com/news/materials-05zv.html

If we create an array of this material then we may be able to store enough energy to run a real car for long time. Offcourse this has to be researched, I did google but no such attempt I could find.

But then to charge the battery we must use a green source.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

SAys the man sitting behind a computer. Tell me, where does your electricity come from? How is your house heated?
    Me, I use energy saving lighbulbs, will be getting my flat properly insulated, and would like to stick a wind turbine on the roof. I wear clothes until the wear out, patching where necessary, dont go on holiday to Spain every 6 months, buy locally produced food wherever possible, and prefer to use natural materials rather than stuff made of non-renewable resources.

So, when are you moving into your cave?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Anomalous Banned Banned

Just as expected, shamless as humans are,

http://www.thewe.cc/contents/more/archive2005/december/2005_hottest_year_on_record_north.htm

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Indeed, Global warming is occuring and is to some extent probably our fault. So, when are you disconnecting your computer from the mains?

Or, do you want a rational debate on energy conservation, future fuel use, recycling etc etc? If you do, I'm game. I am for recycling, renewable energy, against official encouragement of biofuel and generally looking for ways of reducing my impact upon the environment without totally destroying my life.

8. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Just about every car made already uses lead-acid batteries. There are also sealed cell options.

9. Anomalous Banned Banned

Yes I want a debate, but not on technology. More important is the attitude towards this issue. Humans are so busy patronizing their greed of money that they have no time to think what they are doing.

Make a billion dollar and die in 10 years due to catastrophic global climate changes, die then enjoy now. May be they think having a posh climatized house is gona save them. FOOLs.

10. Anomalous Banned Banned

Its the attitude of people thats gona encourage the development of new technologies before its too late.

11. Anomalous Banned Banned

12. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

I admit that I didn't read the entire thread so I'm sorry if this point was already brought up...

Before considering such an issue as 'battery pollution' one has to adress the fact that current battery technology makes solar powered cars futile. Sure the solar cells can collect great amounts of energy, but as long as our inferior batteries cannot store that energy, it is pointless.