Electric bicycles and other EV's

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by spidergoat, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

advertising is nooot nice.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Yea, my ad for female robotic pleasuring devices was pulled!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Ho-Hum. Call me, Spider, when they have electric 18-wheelers and locomotives and farm tractors and airplanes, etc, ....all of which are needed to bring you food and clothing and supplies.

Bicycles? ...LOL! Like that means something.

Baron Max

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They already have electric locomotives. Most people use their car for commuting or short runs to the store, these could be an alternative.

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Not self-contained!

Somehow, I just can't see New Yorkers and Bostonians and Los Angeles-ans all riding little, tiny electric bikes on their hour-long commuts in the rain, the snow, the heat, and the cold. Can you??? Really??

Baron Max

10. draqon Banned Banned

electric vehicles...lets just use trolleybus's

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Will they stop at every single location where people want to go? And if they do, that's gonna' be a very, very long commute for many millions of people!

We have a shitty transit system here in Dallas ...to get anywhere, you have to take about a dozen different buses on a dozen different routes, and it takes all fuckin' day!

Baron Max

12. draqon Banned Banned

Baron M...I dont use any buses/cars/motorized vehicles

I got my own bicycle made of carbon polymer material...I use it everyday, I follow no rules. I cut through traffic, through highways

...and do it with precision and speed everyday. So just get a bicycle and start flying on it, because when you will feel the freedom from biking...it will take you on.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Who cares if electric trains don't carry their own power supply? While you are laying a track, you might as well lay power lines.

Some of these systems can be installed on any bike. They are closely related to the development of electric motorbikes, which will succeed before electric cars, due to their low mass and low cost.

In the future, living an hour away from your job by car will seem a wasteful luxury, and the product of bad planning.

14. draqon Banned Banned

We can have magnetically levitating roads...just get into the road with any magnetic plate underneath...and kaboom glide along.

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, good idea. That would only cost, what, a couple of hundred dollars or so for each city, right? Oh, geez, maybe even as much a thousand?

Dreams always come at a price, Dragon. And if you're not willing to play the game, then quit dreaming.

Baron Max

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's not advertising, it's a revolution in clean transport! 3,000 miles per gallon.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

What do you do when it rains? Or snows? Or is so freakin' cold that your fingers freeze?

Baron Max

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Drive or take the bus or train. (or wear gloves and gore-tex)

19. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

The buses do suck in Dallas, Baron...I ride them everyday. Took me 3 hours to get to work today.

I wouldn't mind having one to get around Lakewood on. Just to go to the beer store or to friends houses and such.

20. maxg Registered Senior Member

It looks like a great idea but I'm curious how well they hold up & who is available to fix them when they don't. I'm guessing if I take one to my local bike shop to get it worked on, they're just going to stare and ask me what the fuck that is.

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

What if it doesn't start raining until you're actually at work?

Spider, I know that you're making light of all of this, but it's one of many major hurdles that, especially the US, must overcome or it's simply not going to work.

As MacGyver says above, many cities like Dallas just don't have anything like a decent transit system ...you just can't get there from here!! And to ignore that is to be completely ignorant of the realities of life.

Baron Max

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The electric motors is some cases have no wear, since no parts actually touch. That makes them maintenence free. The batteries have a life of about 500 recharges, so those will need to be replaced eventually. Most of these suppliers sell parts, but they require vastly less repair than internal combustion engines.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If you ride a bike to work in the rain, you will get wet. Proper clothing would help. For many people, this isn't acceptable, I realize that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.