Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by seekeroftheway, Feb 9, 2006.

1. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

As it should be. Did you kill vivec or did the game actually work for you so you could talk to him? I have the Morrowind Prophecies guidebook, and it says that at some point in the main quest, you MIGHT do SOMETHING, they have no idea what, that totally alters the quest for you. In that, when you go to talk to Vivec, he tells you you have no reason to speak with him, and you aren't hortator or the "true" nerevarine, as I recall. Your only alternative is to kill Vivec to get wraithguard. So what did you do?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

Seeker, I can answer this. If you play through the game properly, you uncover a prophecy of the Nereverine, a person who will free the people etc.

Pretty obvious who that person will be!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Vivec knows everything, but only talks at an advanced stage of the game. If you kill him AND capture his soul... you can make a very decent enchantment.

I *never* used the aforementioned magic glitch, although I did use the potion loop to make some very cool enchantments.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

I've already beaten the game, and when I did, whatever could've gone wrong did, and I had to kill vivec. I was wondering whether or not you or anyone else had the same problem...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

is that potion loop permanent?

8. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

No idea...you know what a really nice loop is for the main quest? When you get corprus disease, it takes it's usual effects, mortifies your intelligence and personality while beefing up your strength and endurance. Well, since it doesn't kill you, keep resting over and over again until your strength and endurance are on God status, then take Divayth Fyr's magic cure, and your intelligence and personality are again at normal levels, but your strength and endurance boosts stick.