Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by seekeroftheway, Feb 9, 2006.

1. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

fucking women....

was it me, or when you beat the game and got those rings....i thought they sucked.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Eh. I wouldn't know, I kinda lost interest right after beating the game...I'm playing through again(without cheats[I'm gonna go free five slaves then go talk to jobasha about the twin lamps thing, the twin lamps are way friggin cool])

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

How the hell did I miss this thread?? I have really been looking forward to this title. I don't care how long they take - so long as I am completely immersed in a really impressive and rewarding universe. I desperately hope they do not do to Oblivion what was done to Deus Ex II, as the first Deus Ex is one of the most inspiring and beautiful games (story and gameplay wise) ever written and truely a gift to humanity - much like Morrowind. From the looks of things however, I don't think we'll be let down.

Quick breakdown of MW and me:

* I played Morrowind for 24 hours straight on one occation.
    * I got both my father and my mother (total non-gamers) thoroughly addicted to MW. My mum still plays from time to time.
    * I do not consider the Bethesda newsletter as junk email.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

8. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

maybe he should jam a videocard in his eye!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

i wont be able to play es

blivion for awhile though...my videocard SUCKS, and im a poor mofo.

9. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Same here, I only have 512(recommended specs calls for 1024)RAM, 2.66 Processor speed(calls for a 3+), and an out of date video card. It's like a geforce 5200 or something...I could get away with just the RAM, but even then...

10. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Woohoo! I have all the "recommended" specs and have the game on order!

Unfortunately I feel that even the "recommended" specs will not enable the full glory of Oblivion to reveal itself, unless you can play at 10 fps.

But we shall see.

Morrowind was an awesome game - although too easy once you got to a certain level (reasonable skill level + Daedric dai-katana + good shield/armour + few enchanted rings - regeneration etc).

Once completed, I fashioned myself (via the Construction Kit) a Ring of Nuclear Fire, a Ring of F**king Cold, Pants of Flying, Shoes of Jumping and Gloves of something else... can't remember.
    Anyhoo - this "Superman" basically leapt around everywhere, fireballing or freezing entire villages and towns.
    Great fun!

For a while... but it wears thin before too long!!

Must...
    Have...

Oblivion!!!

11. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i repeat:
    you have not beaten morrowind until you murder every living person on the planet.
    period.

12. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

that's a nasty way to play the game. Sure I test my weapons out on the odd city - but I usually play as I would in RL if MW was real.... :geek:

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I once cleaned out Balmora just for the kicks,
    then I accidentally teleported in one fort and all the guards went on me,
    cleaned the fort yard too

without any cheats of course

I too played Morrowind as if it were a real world and I were in it

14. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Yes, but still, that's only one method of play. Go back through the game over again as a mage, without armor. Go through as a monk, hand to hand combat only, without armor as well. Always drawing to the same conclusion(as previously specified) will always draw you to the same conclusion, and that's why it gets boring.

And why is it that you can only have one ring on each hand? Isn't that kinda unrealistic?

15. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

the only reason i dont do those things in real life is because cheat codes dont work for me. i have tried.

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Gamespot has word that Bethesda's upcoming release Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has gone gold. It is due out on the 20th. They also have a rundown on some gameplay. From the article: "In true Elder Scrolls fashion, you start Oblivion rotting in a jail cell. Don't worry--Oblivion plunges you into the action and story faster than any Elder Scrolls game to date. We'll get into some minor spoilers here, though many of the following facts have already been revealed publicly. Once again you'll play as a character burdened by destiny to save the world, this time from a demonic invasion from the hellish plane known as Oblivion. Before you know it, you'll go from the dungeon cell to exploring a dank underground, killing rats and assassins while also getting some welcome introductory exposition from Emperor Uriel Septim VII, voiced by Patrick Stewart himself."

17. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

18. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

All TES games start off in a jail of some kind. I started with Morrowind actually, so I wasn't "there from the begining", but I have downloaded that previous versions and conclude that is was MW that made the name what it is.

seekeroftheway, I agree - I've started the games three times. I nevre really got too far on the second or third time (bordem - I spent a LONG time with my first character) but I enjoyed several diverse playing styles:
    • Breton Warrior/Ubermage (Long Swords, Enchantments, the works)
    • Bosmer Archer
    • Argonian Theif

I would destroy cities without saving to test weapons, but my parents - especially my Dad - would never do anything bad at all. They really hated the bits were you *had* to kill or steal. However, in MW you have to be bad at times - you can't help but steal the odd thing or two.

My computer is an AMD Althlon XP overclocked to 2200MHz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9800 Pro 128. I hope it will run the game!

19. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Nice...yeah, right now I'm playing through as a breton monk, hand to hand, unarmored, marksman, security, sneak, mysticism, alteration, restoration, conjuration, alchemy. I just so happen to steal preeeeeeeetty much everything I can get my hands on...it's an addiction...however, I've found that in the end, thievery comes around and bites you in the ass, and in fact, alchemy is an awesome form of money garnering...

20. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

Lol, I made my first character invincible (+ rich) with Alchemy. Making ridiculous potions with the intelligence potion loop. Your enchantments won't fail either at high intel levels.

21. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

you can do the same without potions.
    it involves a "self" area of effect with a less than 2 or 3 foot range on a spell, and soulbind included....its been awhile since i played so i dont remember.

anyhow, you can pretty much make yourself into neo from the matrix movies in a matter of an hour or so.

22. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Eh, glitches never worked for me, and I hated using buffs to help me play, something about me makes me want to rely solely on my skill to get by. Guess that's just me...

23. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

nah, i did that for my "murder" game.
    i beat the game legit first.