Egyptian Royal Cubit is Earth Commensurate

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by IceAgeCivilizations, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings (Hapgood) indicate radial lines, on the ancient source maps, emanating from reference points in all directions, and the radial lines to the reference points emanate from Giza, the base mapping reference point in the ancient world.

They measured the distance along a radial line to a shoreline point, and would mark it, then knowing its distance and direction from the reference point, because of precession mapping, and so, they slowly pieced it all together, even Antartica, early in the Ice Age, before the two mile deep icepack had built up, circa 2100 B.C.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

See: www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/PSEUDOSC/PiriRies.HTM for a more thorough analysis of the Piri Reis map. My opnion is that Piri Reis possibly had heard that there existed a southern continent, and possibly even knew of its existence via incomplete maps from undocumented Portuguese expeditions and maps, and simply extrapolated South America to morph into Antarctica

Also see: www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Archeology.html

Visitor will likely enjoy the second site, particularly the sections about the skulls and skeletons and ancient 'aircraft' models (some of which, made from gold, look very much like modern fighter jets).

The possibility does exist that there were ancient civilizations during the ice ages (as has been discussed in other posts previously), in that humanity is documented by science to going back at least 70 millenia, and likely upwards of 200 millenia, as fully modern humans. It appears possible that earlier civilizations knew of a more ice-free Antartica, including an ice-free Ross bay as it might have existed some 6 millenia ago. The Neanderthal race is dated to going back some 400 millenia. Before that our ancestors include many other species of Homo.

The October, 2006 issue of Archaeology magazine suggests that there will be more archaeology discoveries in the next 50 years than in all prior years, and that more advanced technology will allow for exploration of the continental edges that are currently underwater due to the partial melt-down of the Ice Age glaciers.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

"Ice free Ross Bay at 4000 B.C.?" Very good Walter, you're catching on, it was very early in the Ice Age when those coastal areas of Antartica, now under ice, were mapped, but it was mapped at around 2000 B.C., not 4000 B.C., but at least, you are beginning to get it, hang in there.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

I urge everyone to look up the Piris Reis Map, and the Oronteus Finnaeus, and the Ibn Zara, and the Zeno maps, fascinating, and accurate, amazing knowledge of east-west distances, which they weren't measuring well at all in the 1300's, 1400's, and 1500's, when those map makers said they were compiling ancient maps to make their maps, right Walter?

8. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

I already 'got it'. Now hang in there, and you might get it too.

Ross bay could easily be ice-free even with the continent under ice during any lull in glacial formation, or warming period. It's happening now, during the current warming period, as it calves away icebergs at a much faster rate than last century, and faster than new ice slides down to replenish it, and is predicted to again be ice-free in a few centuries at the current rate, just as it might have been 6 millenia ago when the oceans were at about the same level they are now (+/- 10 feet or so, as I posted previously). This has frequently been in the news in the last decade, as humongous glaciers (20 mile by 5 miles!) are breaking free from Antarctica.

And, we know the Phoenicians of circa 4,000 to 5,000 years ago were excellent sailors, and sailed outside the Strait of Gibraltar down Africa. Who's to say they didn't explore the length of that coast, and even further south to Antarctica?

And what about the Chinese from that era? There's evidence to suggest they sailed to North America back then, and they too might have found Antarctica. Likewise, any other civilizations might well have done the same, only to have their knowledge lost, except possibly by scattered remnants of maps as the Piri Reis map claims for its origins (generated as a compilation of 20+ maps, including then-modern ones from Columbus, as well as then-ancient ones from Alexander the Great's day, which in turn might have been compilations from even more ancient maps).

It's still all a really big mystery, for which there are no definitive conclusions. Certainly the conclusion that the Ice Age glaciers melted and rose the oceans 400 feet in about one century circa 3500 years ago, as you've claimed, is not a conclusion that can be drawn by any evidence, including the Piri Reis map. See the web references above. And no, the melting of the Ice Age glaciers does not support "creationism" or refute evolution, as you seem to believe.

9. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

And, Ice Age, this is really now the topic of another thread. It's no longer about the Royal Cubit, since you couldn't prove anything about that. Why not start another thread, and stick to the topic, to get a wider audience. Keep it on ancient maps, for example.

10. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Thanks Mr. "Scientific" Cubit, ahahahaha.

11. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Hey Walter, do you think the Phoenicians measured shadows at sea, like you say, to measure geographical distances and directions, or do you think it more likely that they predicted stars' positions, such as by the Antikythera Device and the "Celtic Cross" in order to find their way?

12. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

The Phoenicians would have easily been able to determine latitude by the stars. It is quite probable that they hugged the coastlines, as that is the only safe way to have travelled in those days. It is believed that at times they might have been blown out into the Atlantic, and reached South America (or else there was one very brave captain), as there is some evidence of Phoenician writings on rock in South America.

Likewise, a more adventuresome group might have sailed south from the tip of south Africa, just to see what they might find. That would have been quite risky, however, not knowing longitude, so it would seem to me to be more probable that if they did map Antarctica, it would have been by a group blown out to sea, and happening across the continent.

The antikythera Device, while advanced, does not appear to have been sufficiently advanced to have served as an accurate mechanical marine clock, so no, it would likely not have sufficed for accurate longitude measurements. If it was a crude clock, then perhaps it kept relatively accurate time when not in agitated stormy motions, and would have served some longitudinal function. I'm anxious to see if the mechanics can be pieced back together from the X-rays and other information being gleaned from it.

If you examine the Piri Reis map, it too is poor as to the longitude of South America, and North America is way way off. As you should know, a crude approximation of longitude can be obtained by measuring the speed at which the vessel travels, the direction it travels, and the time travelled in that direction. That's why they kept hourglasses and measuring lines on board, before the introduction of the mechanical marine clock by the British, to do that very thing. It was a very important function whenever travelling over large distances of open water.

Apparently, you don't understand the Eartosthenes method of calculating the size of the Earth. It has nothing to do with determining longitude, and would not work either at sea, or on land, and I never said as such or implied as such. Typical of your reasoning, you 'read in' to what people write whatever you want to 'hear' in order to attack them, when in reality you are putting yourself on public display for everyone to see your arrogance and ignorance.

13. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

As Plato was aware of the Great Year, we'll wait and see if the Antikythera device calculated the precession cycle, for mapping, it has been opined by at least one who has seen the device, and it's proposed reconstruction, who says it was an advanced navigation device, and that doesn't mean just measuring latitude, Walter.

The Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings, as you continue to at least feign ignorance, were compilations of smaller ancient maps, so South America, for instance, wrongly abutts Antarctica, but to get the east-west resolution of the land masses obviously required a means to measure time, precession time.

And what about those radial lines from reference points on the source maps, Walter? Why do you suppose the ancients drew those lines on there?

Look at the east-west distance accuracy on the Ibn Zara map, it gets the breadth of Europe accurate to about 30 miles, and the Zeno map, as if drawn with accurate longitudes for reference.

You're right, finally, about Erasthosenes' method, can't determine east-west distances, so no surveying possible for accuracies as of the Great Pyramid, so what do you say arrogant and feigned ignorant one?

14. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

I would think two people as interested in this subject as walter and ice age are would be friends, even if they disagreed on the ideas.
    99.999999999% of the people in the world wouldn't give a rat's ass about any of this.
    I think you two should just make up from whatever bad dealings you have had in the past, and realize you two are still somehow connected, even if it is by your differences. At least neither of you can call the other a looney weirdo for caring so much about the subject.

15. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

If Walter promises to not call me a looney weirdo, then I promise I won't either.

16. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

But you are a looney weirdo.

17. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

I know you are but what am I?

18. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

A looney weirdo.

19. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Additionally, you are a zany clown.

20. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Ok. Ok.
    You're not really a looney weirdo. Like I said before, you're too dumb to be crazy.

21. superluminal . Registered Senior Member

Grow up you looney weirdo.

22. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

You're still a loonie weirdo and a zany clown, but I'm sure you've heard all that a million times.

23. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

You heard superdim, inverto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.