Earths Magnetic Feilds changing?

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Duffy72, Aug 3, 2002.

1. CATT Registered Senior Member

Deleted...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2002
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. chroot Crackpot killer Registered Senior Member

Oh my dear Lord, we may have a SuperCrackpot in our midst. Dwayne keeps his delusions generally to the earth science field -- but CATT here is all over biology, religion, and quantum physics in one post! May CATT displace Dwayne?!? CAN SUCH A FEAT BE ACCOMPLISHED?!?

At least he may be more fun to argue with than Dwayne. Dwayne generally ignores questions, and when he does respond directly, he usually calls someone a dog, or bestows some similar sixth-grade sneer. At least CATT has the presence of mind to employ psychobabble to try to make you fear him.

- Warren

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. thed IT Gopher Registered Senior Member

Thed skips about the room singing "LA LA LA LA LA LA" loudly to itself and spraying Lysol about the place. Then sits grumpily in a corner having been totally outwitted by the brilliant logic shown above.

Is there such a logical fallacy as Argument from Lunacy. Should there be one?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Ahh, Thed, do you want your baba? You know it is almost beddie bye time...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Well, welcome CATT, It wil be interesting to see where this goes. This may well make a team sport before it is over with.

8. CATT Registered Senior Member

Deleted...

9. chroot Crackpot killer Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I continue to really have no comment other than

- Warren

10. spookz Banned Banned

catt

i am sure these "modern theoretical physicists" would also like you to give them credit when you cite their works as reference

yasue thanks you

perhaps you can also provide links to the relevant sections in "kabalah 101"
    dealing with sub atomic particles and super string theory
    thanks

11. CATT Registered Senior Member

Deleted...

12. spookz Banned Banned

In "Power of Kabbalah - Secrets of the Universe and Principles of Life" Rabbi Yehuda Berg describes a "Fountainhead of wisdom -- a hidden wisdom that reveals and unifies the spiritual and physical laws of life -- the true sources of all teachings -- its insights have had profound effects on foremost thinkers". _

What is this hidden wisdom? Where is it? Rabbi Berg and Kabbalists call the wisdom Light...a code word, or metaphor for a broad spectrum of fulfillment, pleasure, wisdom which floods the universe.
    How do we access it, and where did it come from? People are the essence of desire, and the universe is flooded with light/fulfillment, what's standing in the way of our everlasting happiness?
    Answer: A Curtain
    We are on one side of the curtain, and the Light/Wisdom/Fulfillment is on the other side.
    The curtain according to Rabbi Berg separates 1% from the other 99%
    The 1% is our world.
    In our world events happen suddenly, and are seemingly chaotic without apparent cause.
    We react to these events "reflexively" without any deep understanding of their origins and implications, nor with any foresight as to the consequences of our actions. Quite often these reactions are completely wrong. We are "in the dark".
    On the other side of the curtain (99%), according to Kabbalah is Wisdom, lasting fulfillment, infinite knowledge, endless joy, absolute order, perfection and spiritual light.
    There lies the source, the seed and the hidden origin of the physical world. The Kabbalah itself may be an example of the wisdom written down many years ago.

This Kabbalistic description of wisdom is similar to Plato's world of ideas and absolute truth. In fact Plato traveled to Egypt when the Jews were numerous in that country and may have picked up his "metaphysical opinions about the superior beings and formal causes of all things, which he calls Ideas and which the Kabbalists call Sfirot [dimensions or emanations].... "_ (MS. Yahuda, 15.7, p. 137v)

Physicist Roger Penrose, one of the great experts on the makeup of the universe says in his book "Shadows of the Mind": "According to Plato, mathematical concepts and truths inhabit an actual world of their own that is timeless and without physical location. Plato's world is an ideal world of perfect forms, distinct from the physical world, but in terms of which the physical world must be understood"

_

So Plato's world may be synonymous with the Kabbalah's 99% world of wisdom and light.

How do we raise the curtain, move between the 1% darkness and the 99% light in an open and continuous way, rather than haphazardly? Rabbi Berg describes the 99% as "dancing on the edge of consciousness". The Kabbalah teaches us how to do this – to open our conscious minds to the wisdom, but from a scientific standpoint we would like to know what exactly is the 99%, where in nature may it exist, and what does it mean to access it, to lift the curtain? What is the nature of the curtain? How can the 99% world affect our thoughts and feelings, our consciousness?
    "

hameroff

its cool and shit to get inspiration from ancient texts but this is taking it too far

13. spookz Banned Banned

bah

take a hike up that 'tree of life' of yours
    you..... you......skanky little puss

14. CATT Registered Senior Member

Deleted...

15. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

CATT,

The problem we have had with Dwayne, is that it seems he pulls his "facts" from doubious sources that he is usually reluctant to reveal. Many of his facts are disputed by reputable science sources and many have tried to show him. Unforetunately we seem to be communicating to opposite sides of the same blank wall. Dwanye has the tendancy to mix disiplines along with his facts, making it even harder to sift through it all and make some sense of it.

I will be the first to tell you that I know nothing of Kabbalah. So I will not be a worthy opponent for you in this sense. I have left your posts alone because unlike many that we see you do attempt to link this with the real world. I do question if this is the right forum for it though. I shall be content to observe the direction of the thread for the present without interference.

16. spookz Banned Banned

screw the whoopass
    i'll just teleport my foot up your ass, you cretinous little slug

17. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

18. CATT Registered Senior Member

Deleted...

19. spookz Banned Banned

catt

timtsetsi li !

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Catt

Did you know that all the lessons that you learned in math are directly related to and originated from the bible?

Complete nonsense!

Its called the Euclid Elements in which PRINCIPLES OF MEASURING WERE DIRECTLY TAKEN OUT OF THE HEBREW BIBLE!!! and right under our noses we fail to realize that the very basis of sience/math is none less than RELIGION!!!

Utter hogwash!

Euclid lived in Alexandria around 300 BCE. The Ionian School of Mathematics existed in what is now modern Greece more then 300 years before Euclid. Major influences of this school are documented as originating from Egypt and Babelonia from about 2800 BCE, the time when the pyramids were built.

Are you implying the Egyptians built the pyramids without some knowledge of mathematics ?

He (Euclid) also taught in Alexandria and also founded the school of mathematics and wrote his prizework, "THE ELEMENTS".

The Pythagorean School was founded by Pythagoras in about 585 BCE, almost 300 years before Euclid.

Without Euclid - No Geometry

Wrong. Geometry was passed on to the Greeks hundreds of years prior to Euclid.

21. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

Although very much off topic I thought this quote and link
    might be of interest.

"Kabbalah" is the traditional and most commonly used term
    for the esoteric teachings of Judaism and for Jewish mysticism,
    especially the forms which it assumed in the Middle Ages from
    the 12th century onward. In its wider sense it signifies all the
    successive esoteric movements in Judaisum that evolved from
    the end of the period of the Second Temple and became active
    factors in Jewish history." -Gershom Scholem, Kabbalah

Kabbalah and Jewish Mysticism

22. CATT Registered Senior Member

Deleted...

23. chroot Crackpot killer Registered Senior Member

Such eloquence and grace can only be indications of your supreme intellect.
    Perhaps you have never SEEN the pyramids. I haven't ever seen a stone cut to dimensional precision of a mil, have you?
    So the technology to move big rocks is actually implanted like an easter egg inside language itself? Does the letter 'C' really contain the code to build a time machine? Does 'F' contain the secrets of interstellar travel?
    Exactly how does a chart of Hebrew letters contain the Feynman path integral?

And I've heard the "Bible code" theories before, and it's essentially a pile of steaming bullshit. You can take any large volume of text written in a language with few characters, and find all the patterns you'll ever want. Am I really supposed to believe that Mark Twain wrote "SATAN" if you look at the first letter of the sixth word on first six pages that are two times the first six prime numbers? In a word, no.
    And we don't really care. Asserting your authority on an internet forum is pretty much a waste of both our time.
    Don't quit your day job.

Seriously.
    Then go away.
    Please, classify me and respond.

- Warren