Earths Magentic Pole - APOD

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by (Q), Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well, i think about the up and comming magnetic feild reversal, but yes i say the picture in the other post, and perhaps maybe it did jog my memory and activate me to re-up the topic.

Well if the earth was accelerated by the collaspe of the magentic feild, the magnetic feild could increase the motion of the earths rotation some 25 times which would cause a compression of the earths atmopshere and seas, at 25 times present it would result in a increase in atmospheric pressure of about 183 atmospheres, thats a pressure of about 350 ft underwater. As the earth is rotating faster the magnetic feild will return at a quicker rate, which would cause a slowing in the earths rotation and a decrease in pressures, over a period of 8,000 years the exspect time between magnetic reversal the atmosphere pressure would decrease at 0.022953125 atmospheres per year, (not including the loss of helium,hydrogen and nobel gases). this would result in a atmosphereic reading of 23.11379688 pounds per sq. inch at the time of Evangelista Torricelli and the discovery of the princple of the barometer, a reference to his historical books would give a uninterferred with assement of a reading at that time. Current measurements give a estimated reading of rise in sea level at 1.8mm per year or 0.038657894 atmoospheres.
    Looking at the change in atmopshere is not the only supporting evidence of this, there are certain patterns in humans and animals that support such a event, as well the certain calculations regarding old scholars through out histroy. a possible means to gain evidence and define it as a actual occurance of a magnetic feild reversal, with out the unsurity and arugments that may exist in present view points and calculations ect...

What the above defines is that the earth will gain a motion simular to the outer planets, that of jupiter and saturn with a amazing period of rotational motion that is unexspalined given thier mass. The concept that the magnetic feild accelerates the motion of planets in rotaion suggest that both juptier and saturn have exsperinced a magnetic pole reversal not so long ago and are still slowing down with the increased gain of their magnetic feild, unification of thier feild. saturn however has a unquie event which seperates it from the other three giants its magnetic pole has met its axis of rotation and yet it has not collasped which defines several intresting features of the planet and is state of mass. so it appearntly stays in acclerated motion because it has not gained enough distribution of mass in oppostion, cleary a lot of hydrogen, when it does gain enough aggreated mass it will collapse, the out come unknown, it may fall apart? the concept is based on the event that the motion of a planets is acclerated with magnetic collapse. this may not be observable in the sun as the sun forms aggreated mass resulting in a immediate reversal, however the inner parts of the sun may be accelerated to great speed unthought of.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The due date can only be calculated by the proxcimity of the magnetic pole to the axis, with any reasonable reagrd to the security of the human race.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

Last edited: Sep 13, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

The collaspe of certain planets is not so far off, as it appears that the main asteroid belt of our solar system (2.2 to 3.3 A.U. out from the sun) is quite possibly the result of planets that have fallen apart due to a magnetic pole reversal or collision.
    The event that the asteroid belt could be the result of planetery collisions or fomer planets destroyed was introduced in 1917 by japanese astronomer K.Hirayama who found thata number of the asteroids fall into families or groups with simular orbital charaacteristics. he hypothesized that each family may have resulted from an exsplosion of a larger body or from the collision of two bodies. There are several dozen such families, and for the larger ones observations have shown that thier individual members are physically simular, as if they where fragments of a common parent.
    Looking at the distance that exist between planetary bodies in our solar system Mercury and Venus are separated by about 0.4A.U., Venus and Earth by 0.3A.U and Earth and Mars are seperated by 0.5 AU, Mars and Jupiter seprated by 4.7 AU, Jupiter and Saturn by 4.3 AU, Satrun and Uranus by 10 AU, Uranus and Neptune by 11 AU, Neptune and Pluto by 9 AU.
    The Asteroid belts are 2.2 to 3.3 AU from the Sun and 0.7 to 1.7 AU from Mars, and from Juipter the Asteriod belts are 1.9 AU to 2.9 AU. this is more than enough room for the formation of a planets, in the asteriod belt.
    The Asteroid belt can only be a bodie forming a aggregate, or one that was a planetary body that was destroyed by a exsplosion or collision.

The easiest way to exsplain a plantary exsplosion would be a magnetic pole reversal, where the planet may exspand its mass to the near region of effect of its prior magnetic feild, (existing magnetic feild). and any aggreate mass distributed within a difined region of exspansion forming a asteriod belt. IF the mass of the asteroid belt can be defined then the estimated size of the former planet could be deterimined, A pervious estimate gave the size of such mass as ten times that of earth, which suggest a planetary size near that of Jupiter or Saturn, gaseous. The event of the asteriod belt having a prior history to just one plantary collapse/exsplosion place several more planets in our solar system with the size of juptier which seems to fit more accuratly, possibly as many as three. all which where exsplsion as a result of magnetic pole reversal.
    Given the effects of solar/planetary activity on life chemisrty on earth,these may be events that have caused mass exstinctions on earth, such as the various exstinctions of dinosaurs. The collaspe/exsplsion of three saturn size planets would exsplain the numerours asteriod crateors seen in the inner planets and moons, as well account for the theorized asteriod impact of the yucatan responsible for the exstinction of dinasaurs, however i think that with such a event that the dinasaurs where probally dead before ther asteroid hit, as the exsplosion of the planet would have cause death or stopped cell production before the asteroid hit.

Currently ther planet saturn looks as if it is ready for a magnetic pole reversal, which may result in the planet falling apart and becoming a new asteriod belt.

So humans must get ready for the earths magnetic pole reveral and that of Saturns magentic pole reversal, living through the magnetic pole reversal of Saturn may be harder than living through earths magnetic pole reversal.

Dwayne D.L.Rabon
    Magnetic Pole Reversals

Last edited: Sep 24, 2005
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

None the least it should be mentioned that saturn given the fact that it has rings, may be stable enough to sustain planetary shape in a magnetic pole reversal, the rings of saturn are a good indicator that saturn has survived a prior magnetic pole reversal, where the former size of saturn was in the range of its rings, and that the resulting rings are a remaint of the past atmospheres of the former sized planet. where in a prior magnetic reversal the planet has shurnk, decreased in size to its present size leaving the remaing rings.
    thing is though tthat in magnetic pole reversal there is a contaction and exspansion and then another contraction, as saturn is of low density being less dense then water having a density of about 0.7 it would be highly responsive to magnetic motions of contaction and exspansion. if saturn has enough aggregate mass it may be able to hold its shape well enough given it mass enough mass to be stable in the circumstances of exspansion, the last contraction of the planet is the magneti cpole reversal will reduce the size of the planet, making staurn smaller than it is in present day should it be stable enough to survive a magnetic pole reversal. the event that saturn which has its magnetic pole at the axis is a sign that it has not enough aggreagte, or that it is in its last transition stage before a magentic reversal. either way the events of a magnetic reversal will have dramatic effects on earth.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Light Registered Senior Member

Please! Planets do NOT "fall" apart due to magnetic pole reversals. They aren't held together by magnetism in the first place. Have you ever heard of gravity????

Such utter nonsense!

8. Andre Registered Senior Member

But they do in Dwayne's universe. Sometimes his and ours cross over.

9. Light Registered Senior Member

Ah, I see. Hopefully they don't cross too often.

His must be a particulary horrible place to live.

10. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Dwayne:

I strongly recommend taking an elementary astronomy course.

11. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

You guys mean that in a magnetic pole reversal, the planet will not eurpt. as large as saturns magnetic feild is, it will cause massive discharge, resulting in a exspansion, to say the least it just might exspode.
    But i would say that given the speed it has in rotation it must have survived a prior magnetic reversal, and regained all the hydrogen that exspanded off of it. it seems to me that saturn has to get its speed from some where either the first or second comtraction in a magnetic pole reversal, i guess if its in the second contraction it would be still speeding up, but that would mean that the increaseing magnetic feild was the cause of its speed. which i assume should be slowing it down.

so then i would guess that you guys don't think that the asteroid belt is a result of a large gaseous planet exsploding, you know hydrogen, nitrogen, helium, and evcen oxygen are very exspanive gases, and a the collaspe of a magnetic feild over several thousand miles ionizing that gas is a good mixture for very,very large discharge, that coutl result in a massive exspansion/ exspolsion.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

12. Light Registered Senior Member

Agreed. And I'd also suggest a very basic course in physics. (A little remedial English - for spelling - wouldn't hurt either.)

13. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

With a return post like that you must be dogmeat, Maybe you should take a basic course in reality, maybe you little math skirt has you all worked up, but it would seem quite clear to me that you missed a few points, maybe you should take a few classes in chemistry, read maybe a little about gas pressures ect....
    how you want to add it up little boy, cause i sure will make you eat it.so watch it dog meat.

DwayneD.L.Rabon
    magnetic pole reversals

14. Light Registered Senior Member

"Little boy", eh? I'm probably your senior by many years.

One of two things going on here. Either you know very little or you are less than intelligent. I would rather believe the former.

(And I have had a few good classes in chemistry, physics, and I understand the gas laws and formulas perfectly. None of which really relates to your foolishness about "planets falling apart.")

By the way, have you even noticed that the magnetic poles have reversed severla times over the eons - and the Earth is still as it was? Your thoughs about it effecting the rate of a planet's rotation is simply garbage also. You really should go back to school - assuming you've even made it through once (which I doubt).

By the way, your threats make you sound 13 years old. Just how old are you?

15. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well, first off Light you imbarked on the sad comments, so they where kindly returned, even so i don't find much taste in such conversation it but sometimes seems to be the medium of posting in some topics, so you indugled and so where responed to.

As for magnetic pole reversals human have not wittnessed the events of a planetary magnetic reversal in recorded histroy, Currently the most human record can account for is the magnetic pole reversals of the sun, which occur in 11 year cycles on the sun.
    It is from this evidence gathered from the suns magfnetic reversal that we will have to base the events of a planetary magnetic reversal.
    Other evidence that can be obtained is the facts of the effect of a magnetic feild on atoms and chemicals within our atmopshere of earth, this one focus of evidence demonstrates that a collasping magnetic feild will cause ionzation, this is directly observed in the secondary and primary windings of rotary type magnets, a good example of such that one can quick view for refereance is a common hair dryer or hand drill,when the switch is cut to the off postion and one looks in side the vent the the collasping magnetic feild results in numerous sparks about the body of the magnet. the observation of this factual event of magnetic collaspe shows that the properties of a magnetic collaspe will cause ionzation resulting in electrical discharge.
    On a planetary scale this results in the production of lighting, on earth that may invovle energy in the range of 3,000,000,000 joules as a momentary event, this is a event of ionzation of earths atmosphere without the wide scale collaspe of the earths magnetic feild, and is a testiment to the potential that may exist to a signle event of iozation.
    understanding the effects of a collaspeing magnetic feild and its ability to ionize atmosphere by striping atoms of the atmosphere of its electrons, saturn which is a planet with a density of 0.705, less than water, is simular to that of atmosphere a event of magnetic feild collaspe will have a large ionzation effect.
    Saturn with a diameter of 68,556 miles to 71,000 miles, has a very large atmosphere for such a magnetic feild to fall through during a collaspe. As the magnetic feild of saturn is about 1,136,363.6 miles (or 2,272,727.2 miles diameter, being in observation from earth about 1/3 the size of the moon) it would fall though the atmosphere of saturn approximately 34 times as a cycle causing ionzation from the moment of collaspe of the feild. This large magnetic feild would fall through 17,000 miles of molecular hydrogen, hydrogen having a ionzation potential of only 2.14attojoules.
    The remaining speculated liquid hydrogen(metallic hydrogen) would have to recive the down ward current of such discharge, as saturn is speculated to have no solid lower boundary,which seems to me it would exspand greatly along with the rest of the molecular hydrogen with the ensuing magnetic collaspe.
    The remaining or other trace chemicals such as NH3/CH4/C2H6/C2H2 speculated to exist are all exspansive gases. Example Nitrogen the highest exspansion gas exspands at 108 x 10^3cm per cm per degree C. at -210 degrees C.

Considering that the magnetic feild of saturn is probablly about 20 times stronger than earths, gives it about 7 gauss, and a given atmophere and a 60 gauss around the core? the fall of the magnetic feild is stronger than the your common hair dryer or drill.

Since you profess exspertise where will the discharge not cause the exspansion of the hydrogen atmophere of saturn in such a magnetic collapse.

Lastly i find that people fear such events that they have no controll over that they are willing to lie to them selves and others to conceal such events and there fear, it allows them to stablize there mind to ignore it. politicans and others alike would rather spend money and eat chips and dip, being social and boasting about how thay dominate the world than face the fact they live on a world that is fragile and there wants for a comfortable dinner and fives star hotel are not any good and won't do any good

DwayneD.L.Rabon
    Magnetic Pole Reversals

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005
  16. Light Registered Senior Member

Actually, I'm sorry to have to put it in these terms, byt the vast majority of that is simply poppycock and balderdash.

The ionization you described in hand-held power tools happens, but for an entirely different reason than you present. A collapsing magnetic field that passes through a conductor - such as the windings in the devices mentioned - induces an electric current. The potential (voltage) generated attemps to (and does) equalize itself by creating sparks at the brushes. In case you haven't noticed, there are also pure induction (brushless) motors that do NOT produce such sparks - even though they too will undergo a collapsing field when the power is cut.

My point about the Earth having undergone pole reversals before, even without humans present to record the event, is that we do have evidence of such reversals litterly carved (magnetically, speaking) in stone and the Earth did not fly apart as you claim it would.

And with the very basis of your preposterious ideas totally shot down by real science , there's no need to address the rest of your post.

And I note that you chose to not reveal your actual age. Why not?

17. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well i did not say that the earth would fly apart, i was refereing to the planet saturn.
    you said that ther was some sparkeless event, i assume that form this injection that you are saying that the atmosphere of saturn will no ionize, and that furthur more that earths atmosphere will not ionize.
    I hardly see your example as a application of real science in the event of a magnetic feild collaspe, when the event of a magnetic pole reversal even on the sun demonstrate a event of discharge. some where you have designed conjecture that hydrogen or any other material is not subseptable to the force of a magnetic feild cutting through it, that concept is what is errornous.

My age is not worth mentioning

DwayneD.L.Rabon

18. Light Registered Senior Member

Look, it was your example of the sparks in an electric motor that brought all that on. You seem to not realize that magentic fields build an collapse in every electric motor many times a second. Not only that but the fields reverse 120 times/second on very huge transformers (a hundred times the size of the little one on the pole outside your house) used by the power company. And absolutely no sparking occurs. And are you ready for this? The fields the generate are HUGE compared to the tiny little one made by the Earth!

Your version of science isn't even "bad science "- it's not science at all.

As to your age, I've already figured it out. It's very close to either 15 or 70. One being very young and inexperienced and the other being in the throes of senility. And if it's neither of those, you have no excuse left.

19. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Wait just a minute are you trying to say that i am stupid, Listen Light it looks like you just throwing words around, maybe you don't have anything to do, anyway i find it funny that you proffess great wisdom, with math, and chemistry ectra.... but know as well you are providing the defintions of a electrican, and whats odd about this meaning your defintion on electronics is that you are saying that because various windings in a electrical unit used for generating various degrees of electrcial power have no spark that no discharge (a result of ionzation) will occur in the atmosphere of the planet, or planets as a result of a collasping magnetic feild falling through the atmosphere. However it is quite well know that winding of such power generating devices are usally made of copper,aluminum, silver or other conductive alloy which is more conductive that is the oxygen or nitrogen of the atmopshere, which results in the disapation of electrons through the wire/windings resulting in usable current. in addtion to this many such devices along the defintion of which you defined, require ventaltion, due to ionzation of oxygen that occurs, and normally around generators, exspecially powerful one, but as well common gas operated generators, there is the odd smell which is the smell of ozone molecules floating in the air. as well some metals that are used in electrical operations must be protected,or should be protected to prevent strong oxizadation of the metal as a result of ionized oxygen in the enviorment, a good example are circuit brakers, and aluminum joinings. As well directly if you take a look at most transformers you will find that they not only have vents but have a steel cage surrounding them, this is because of ionzation. Of course there are some more exspensive transformers/capcitors i think you mean that are insulated and exist in a vaccum soly to prevent hazard as a result of ionization discharge.
    Lastly any generator used by the power company or others causes a effect on the atmosphere that can be measured with a meters(oscilloscope), this occursas a effect on the atmosphere when the magnetic feild is falling on the oxygen atmophere or when the winding frees its maxium contributing electrons, where it is the maxium ionzation of the winding before melt down, as a result of the winding contibuting its maxium number of electrons the generator must gain its electrons from the atmopshere or no current will be generated, a sudden drop in current will occur.
    As a result of these kind of effects generators as well as household appliances can be seen to have different operating behavior depending on how long they are run,and at what ampere they run, generally 15 amps is the safest for any equipment, as it is at this point that the molecules/atoms within the wire/winding start moving around, this generally results in what is called electric memory, as is a major problem in industry, exspecially when working with precision type instruments, such as a laser or printing press but inculdes operational difficulies with common assmebly lines and other equipement, the problem is one that is not a issue with general houseing units and exist primary to almost every business of maucfacturing, however it could effect your copy machine at work when changing outlets. the differeing operation behaviors of electrical devices can be very exspensive to industry, requiring proper floor management of equipment, a plant electrican and or mechanic to constanly adjust various equipment, and the rewiring of facilities just about every 5 years. the common house it self requires rewiring about every 10 years or at least a check up.

Generally speaking the gram contains about 96,000 columbs, the atmosphere of earth weighs about 5x10^15 to 5X10^18 tons, the magnetic feild of the earth is about 0.32 gauss at atmosphere and some 3 to 5 gauss assumably at core, i will just assume that the ionzation potenial of nitrogen and oxygen the main consitutence of earth atmosphere is about 300 Kcal/mole or 14 to 16 attojoules yeilding 3 electrons, and that in collapse the magnetic feild at earth surface will yeild a 4 gauss minium to 782 gauss cut on the atmopshere, this will cause at first a great increase in pressure, causes some hurricanes and then massive electric discharge.

Well no i did not take note to a reversal in the transformer at 120 times per second, i find that intresting and i think i will take a look on the internet to see what they have on it as a effect in cycles.And your still dogmeat.

I think your version of it is missing something,and i have to help you put the pieces togeather.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  20. Light Registered Senior Member

Let me take this in a completely different direction for a moment.

If you had appeared here saying that you had some new ideas about the role of magnetic pole reversals, etc., etc., then things could have been quite different. That would have set the stage for an open discussion in which many people could have participated.

And that quite possibly could have resulted in a much greater sharing of knowledge and a gaining of understanding. Your points could have been taken one by one, discussed, and a form of consenus reached.

Instead, though, you make tons of statements all at once and present them as solid fact! The simple truth is that you do offer some scientific fact but most of it is not. Therefore, the good stuff gets quickly lost among all the scientific innacuracies.

Would you be interested in starting all over? And this time just presenting a single idea or two rather than filling a whole page? I believe it could be interesting that way.

21. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

teh collapse of the earths magnetic feild will recive a 782 gauss cut on the entire earth atmosphere,
    the effect at the surface where humans dewll will recive 2788 coulombs per sq. cm to 3718 coulombs per sq cm. of earth surface,
    Total World surface will recive a charge of 14,223,191,594,304,316,852,800 V/coulombs at 2788 V per. sq. cm., and 18,964,255,459,072,422,470,400 V/coulombs at 3718 coulombs per. sq. cm.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

22. Light Registered Senior Member

Much, much better, thank you!

Let's begin then with your very first statement - up the first comma. You are assuming the field will collapse instantly and this seems to not be the case. Measurements have shown that it is slowly fading and will continue to do so until it slowly starts to build in the opposite polarity. (Also, there seems to be evidence that once it shuts down, there will be a multitude of "mini-poles" formed until it finally reorganizes.)

So what do you say after considering it won't collapse all at once? (And hopefully we'll move along from there.)

23. RoyLennigan Registered Senior Member

wow... realized my reply was waaaaaaaay late

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.