Earths Magentic Pole - APOD

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by (Q), Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRC_Hans Skeptic Registered Senior Member

Eart's magnet field is believed to be created by processes in the molten iron core, including thermal movements. It has changed in the past, and it might be in the process of changing again. This is a process that will take over a century from start to end (a mere moment on the geological time-scale). It has nothing whatsoever to do with a change of the physical poles.

There is some speculation that a pole shift will cause an increased amount of cosmic radiation to reach the surface of the earth because a good deal of the cosmic radiation is presently caught or diverted by the van Allen belts which are zones of ionized particles held in place by the magnet field.

Such an event will cause a rise in cancer cases and mutations, but nothing catastrophical.

Earth's rotational axis has also changed in the past, but this is an even slower process. Earth is a whopping big fly-wheel rotating in free space, and it ain't going to change its mode of rotation just like that. Preservation of angular momentum will see to that.

Hans

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well the earths core may be a key to understanding the magnetic feild, however i am not of the school the sees the earths core as one made of iron or molten iron. I see the earths core as a hollow empty space that is very cold, about ranging from 2 degrees kelvin to 50 degrees kelvin just about the tempiture of the solar background, at most the core may be filled with hydrogen or helium, however i see it as a empty space that is surrounded by those gases. In addtion i see the interior of earth as existing with various rings like that of the planet Saturn only more complete in spherical shape.
    there may be several layers of the interior that are ferrum or nickel and these layers may react and magnify the earths magnetic feild, it is these layers that are responsible for the differing geoid of the magnetic feild at various height. however there role is constantly changing and is in reduction as the magnetic feild becomes more unified as it is inducted by or to the earths rotational axis. such layers are responsible for the lower geoid of the earth and its anomalies.
    in any event the production of the magnetic feild invovles the magneifcation of the standing magnetic feild, or a independent source of the magnetic feild that is seperate from the general mass of the earth, this so because the standing magnetic feild of the earth based on its mass as a solid would only be 40 miles. as i understand it the present standing magnetic feild is only about 25 miles, defineing that the mass of the earth is in radius is only about 2000 miles, (based on nuclear defintion). however the diameter of the earth is some 8000 miles knowing this there is a missing 4000 miles.

the event of the collaspe of the magnetic feild will allow solar particles in to the earths atmosphere mainly hydrogen and helium, the result is hydrogen reacting with nitrogen and oxygen at high energy suffcient to seperate diatomic structure of atmospheric gases, the out come of such will cause the formation of water at a rate of a bout 1 cubic centimeter of water per 6 hours, for every square centimeter of earth atmosphere facing the sun. with periodic increases that reach 1 cubic centimeter per second of water/rain during solar storms or burst.

The event of magnetic feild reversal is very catastrophic, the level of problems produced actually depend on the time scale of how long it takes for certain event to complete change and begin the next event.

Earths rotational axis is actually dependant on our galaxtic background and our passage through it, however the diretcion of motion is detemined by our Suns forces so that much will exist to be preserved, it is a great help that for sure.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Wow. It takes a brave man to admit to such an oddball theory. A hollow-earther, ladies and gentlemen. Marvel at the wonder of him. Get your rotten tomatoes here. A buck a shot.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

*Waits for it...*

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

dW@Yn3

i am not of the school the sees the earths core as one made of iron or molten iron. I see the earths core as a hollow empty space that is very cold... i see it as a empty space that is surrounded by those gases. In addtion i see the interior of earth as existing with various rings like that of the planet Saturn only more complete in spherical shape.

Ok, from what observations or evidence do you base these assumptions?

Where does magma exist in your description of the Earth?

8. MRC_Hans Skeptic Registered Senior Member

Dwayne: Yes I know this is what you think (or something like that, you don't seem to be quite coherent over time about what you think), however, the rest of us are talking about, and on, planet Earth.

Hans

9. eburacum45 Valued Senior Member

Incidentally, for information purposes, magnetic pole reversals occur every 200,000 years on average, not every 8000 years as Dwayne suggested;

these reversals are detectable by the magnetic orientation of crystals in sedimentary rocks formed at the time, but appear to have little or no effect on the fossil fauna or flora;
    I would suggest they are insignificant effects, especially now we have GPS...

10. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

What768:
    No problem.

But that's also one way to know.
    We'd never figure out our trajectories if it wasn't for this label of "Newton's Gravitational Laws"

Dwayne:
    More or less.
    I also have my own idea to why, may seem childish since we are told not to liken the atomic world with the universe but its fucking uncanny that a spinning electron generates its own magnetic field.
    And it orbits a nucleus in an entity filled mostly with space.
    The way a spinning earth generates its own magnetic field.
    While orbiting a sun in an entity (our solar system) mostly filled with space.

This would make my earth an electron in a mysterious body called Universe.
    Or, absurdly, an atom in someone's coffee table.

Vert:
    This would be impossible, methinks.

11. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well In adrress to the time of occurances of the pole reversals, the statement of 8,000 years is based on the occurance of carbon 14, nitrogen that has absorbed a netron, from the remant of cosmic particles that have undergone collison with our atmosphere. the distribution of carbon 14 was equally dispated in our atmosphere and sea water even at the greatest depth. the presence and distribution of carbon 14 demonstrates that the earths surface has not had a major disruption in 8,000 years.
    Assuming that the arrival of cosmic particles is consitant, the last major disruption that occured on earth that was significant was 8,000 years ago.
    the calculation is consistant with the rate of arriving cosmic particles, the fact that cosomic particle are a product of the galaxy and not one prone to earth effected data insures a accurate account of events being sublte for 8,000 years. the catch in the relation to the pole reversal is that prior to those 8,000 years there was some distrubance that changes the distribution of carbon 14, one which effects the global ratio of carbon 14, assuming that cosmic particles are consitant.

the numbber of carbon 14 products produced per second is 2 per sq. centimeter, from the arrival of cosmic particles.

I find no likly canidate other than a magnetic pole reversal that would disrupted the balance of carbon 14 in its distrubtion on a world wide scale other than a magnetic pole reversal.

my general deductions from various points has always given the magnetic pole reversal a time frame of about 5,000 to 10,000 years.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

12. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

As well the determination of the core of the earth being composed of hydrogen and helium gases is a vvery old one about 50 years or so old, it has always been those impressed by the magnetic iron toy that have presisted that the earths core is one dervied of iron, and it have since then been a plague.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

13. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Here is a point, given the event of solar particles reacting with earths atmosphere and creating water/rain at a rate of 1 cubic centimeter per 6 hours. The earth will have atmosphere conversion resulting in a gain of 43.8 ft of water per year, world wide. Meaing the sea level will rise 43.8 ft per year.

Assuming that the entire collaspe will take about 547 years, with a 10 to 20 year span with out any magnetic feild or longer, the earth would gain new water form atmosphere conversion equal to about 23,958.6 ft. of water, which is about the height of Mt. Everst.
    How lucky!! we are that the atmosphere of earth will only allow for 2,360 ft. of water formation form conversion by arriving solar particles as there is only enough oxygen in our atmosphere to allow for the 2,360 ft of water.

As a subject of intrest it is this formation of water by solar particles that will cause a Ice Age, as the formation of water will occur at the poles and at the equator. the formation of water at the pole results in ice formation, with progression to lower latitudes.

Does any one have a speculative count on how many ice ages the world has exsperinced.

Dwayne D.L.Rabon

14. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

Dwayne:
    If the Earth is hollow, how do you explain sesmological readings of earthquakes from the other side of the Earth? Note that there is a zone on the Earth's surface that receives NO seismic waves, due to density refraction.
    Also, if the Earth's rotation is dependent upon the galactic background, explain Uranus.
    Finally, your point about the Earth's magentosphere preventing atmospheric growth is completely wrong. Venus has a magnetosphere far weaker than Earth's, yet its atmosphere is shrinking, as the solar wind transfers energy to the outer atmosphere, giving it escape velocity.

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Dwayne

How do you explain Mt. St. Helens? How do you explain magma?

16. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well, geodesic
    P and S waves due give a means to measure the occurance of defractions caused by earthquakes and heavy charge detonations, primarally P waves if i remember the study of such waveforms they are responsible for those waves that travel to the depths of earths interior and reamerge at the surface of the earth opposite. P waves travel at about 8.5 to 15 miles per hour, and S waves from 5 to 25 miles per hour.
    P wave in general travel vertical in motion and S travel horizontal with some vertical activity.
    At any time with in the earths interior P or S wave may give rise to each other or the same at various points in the event of defraction.
    P waves travel though both solid and liquid material in the earth where S waves travel only through solids.

I see the center of the earth as hollow or containing gases, surrounded by a increasing density of hydrogen, helium at very cold tempitures.

In regard to the event of P/S waves transmitted through the earth arriving on the opposite side from it orgin, I view it that the arriving P waves are defracted around the hollow or gas core to the opposite points and then transmitted by the formation of new P and S waves created at the core, hence the arrival of the distribution of waves from the opposite side and within 48 degrees or so of that opposite point of arrival.

Let me also add that as a condtion of the core the action of gravity is opposite that of the earths surface.

- Well the i consider the rotation of earth different than the force of axis.

- I do not think that mentioned the exspansion of the earths atmosphere, but i will say that humans need to gain a means to hold hydrogen/helium gases in a fixed orbit from the 4,000 to 9,000 mile mark in order to re-exspand the earths crust after it collaspes during the magnetic pole reversal.
    As a event of earths atmopshere it will sperated into different layers of oxygen and nitrogen as the poles collaspe. Changing the balance ratio of air that we breath. as this is occuring the oxygen in earths atmopshere will be converted to water by the insurging solar particles, at the same time the nitrogen of the earths atmosphere will be burt off, in addtion various nitrogen compounds will form with the solar particles. A point in case is that the nitrogen in our atmosphere needs to be pumped into the bottom of the ocean so that it can be retained and not burt off, this could be done by offshore rigs exactly the same as ocean oil drilling rigs. over time the nitrogen would resurface to our atmosphere.
    the fact that most of the earths oxygen will be converted to water means that humans will have to gain their breathing air from the water as fish do, placing the nitrogen in the oceans is one of the smartest thing humans could do to gain a grip on survial.

Platinium and palldium would be nice metals to have, even nickel.

Magnetic pole reversals

Dwayne D.L.Rabon

17. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well magma is created by friction at the earths gravity center about 1,900 miles to 1,600 or so, and at various points in the earth where solid mass from one layer crosses the vaccums layers and collides with a upper or lower layer of mass, this occurs most frequently with the motion of the moon.

upper activity of lava is caused by friction, such as plates, compressions and decompressions of earths mass at different points, Mt Helens seems to be a release from chain of events occuring on the northern pacific, which started in alaska along the pacific trench, which encompasses the entire pacific. and has worked its way down to washington, and as i read to day it seems into mexico.

How is Mt. Helens doing?

DwayneD.L.Rabon

18. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

How exactly is your hollow/gaseous core producing new waves? These waves must be amazingly powerful if they can be detected after transmittance through the Earth's crust.

What is this 'force of axis'? Uranus' angle of rotation with respect to the solar plane is around 90 degrees.

19. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well, Geodesic
    I have not put a large amount of time in to the posssible mechanics of the center of the earth, or its vacant point, in such a manner to address P and S waves in a opposing gravity to the orginal state of gravity where they orginate, but i would say none the less that the waves must be warped several times by the change in gravity alone, in contrast to changes by physical condtions of the earths mass damping or warping the wave form.
    A breif description, is that the exact center of the earth is hollow some 17 to 35 miles in diameter,( i would need to check my last last calculations to give better info,).
    From the hollow exstending out ward there is a gas layer(?) and then a frozen layer of gas/ crystal, at the mid point some where around the center of gravity for the earth ther is hot gaseous under great pressure that is caused by the frozen gas in contact with general mass of the earth. in addtion to these aspects there are layers in the earths interior that are vaccums, regions where nothing exist at all, but they may be filled with magma or gaseous in some regions or points. (much the same as the ring of saturn and having a motion as the rings of saturn-appearing,disappearing and changing layers of rings).

I guessed at this point that you are reffering to the transmittance of wave from through a vaccum, it is more than likly that at this point, S waves are created which disturb gravity and the vaccum resulting in a new formation of S and P wave in the opposite side of the vaccums, or gas, much simular to suction.
    At any rate a wave form traveing to the center of gravity would cause a major distrubance at the earths core, as the bottom of the earth scores center of gravity would be distrubed, which follows to be in conjuction with readings of sesmic detonations, appearing within 48 degrees of the opposite side from the orginal distrubance.

The force of axis for the earths is detrermined by the speed at which the earth travels through are galaxy and the attraction or repulse by the galaxtic body,---glaxatic wind, galaxtic gravity and our velocity through it. and the EMF feild of the galxay.

Depending on how your determine the mass of our sun, the earth is like a sheet of paper roled five times to gain the point of axis, if the paper is released it unrolls, like wise the earth if the forces of the galaxy where cut off. the rotation of the earth is determined by our sun. Point of Influence and effect is the galaxies EMF wave form, which is 7 day by 7days or 7 up/7 down.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

20. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

Dwayne:
    First off, the word is galactic, no x.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Secondly, you haven't answered my original point about the Earth's rotation: if the Earth's rotational axis is dependent upon the galactic background as you claim
    then how do you account for the rotational axis of Uranus, which is at roughly 90 degrees to Earth's.
    Finally, forget the earthquake argument - how do you explain the formation of the Earth with a hollow centre? Obviously accretion from a proto-planetary disc is not feasible.

21. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

OK, Geodesic
    The axis of the world is determined by the forces of the our galaxy, the rotation of our world is determined by the gravitational attraction of our solar systems sun.
    In the event of uranus the rotation may be one that is caused by galaxtic forces which predominates that region of space,which is just about from earth on outward, so to say from mars and outward you will find that galaxtic forces play a more involving role, and probably equally as dominate as the suns infuences in the range of uranus, neptune and pluto.
    In general it will depend on the outter planets mass and density,and atomic compostion in certain respects. having a idea of these three factors and that of galaxtic influences will determine the axis and rotational axis. We can surly see that revolution of the planet is determined by our sun even at uranus great distance likewise pluto. overall it may be just a issue of angular orientation relvant to the effect of or sun, meaning uranus just got started rolling in that direction as opposed to the earth and other planets, even so its axis will still be determined by the forces of the galaxy.

Well for starters the early formation of the earth was from hydrogen and helium, as the center of mass has no gravity, but is excerted on by gravity of the mass surrounding it all mass forms a hollow, cavity or cavity matrix even our sun and galaxtic body have a hollow center.

It is the many opposing points of gravitional attraction being fixed on each other that allows for the formation of polarized hydrogen and helium that accounts for are abundant electromagnetic feild, as opposed to our nuclear magnetic feild or otherwise called a standing magnetic feild of a body of mass.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  22. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

What is this mysterious non-rotational axis you keep referring to? If you mean the angle of the plane of orbit around the sun, the reason these angles are all very similar is that when the planets coalesced from the protoplanetary matter in orbit around the early sun, the matter was a disc due to the rotation of the sun, similar to the accretion disc around a rotating black hole. If a star has a hollow centre, what happens to this hollow centre if the star forms a black hole?
    Your model of the galaxy is wrong as well. Current studies show that all galaxies have supermassive black holes at the centre, known as active galactic nuclei (AGN). In addition, the mass density at the centre of the galaxy is the highest for any region of the galactic disc, so unless you are postulating a hollow centre too small to be detected (which still doesn't fit the AGN model) then galaxies do not have hollow centres.

23. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well, Geodesic

The postion of our sun, and its planets are not independant from the gravity, and EMF feild of our galaxy. it is eaxctly those forces which define or determine the fixed motions of our solar systems planetary bodies, plane of orbit, rotational orbitial ellipse about the sun, and axis tilt (precession)
    I exsplained before that if the forces of the galaxy where some how cut off the earth would roll over 5 times, i might have do some more pen work to get a better figure, but the broad stated figure of 5 times conveys the understanding in that such forces are decisive in determining the fixed motions of our planet and those of our solar system.

Even just the EMF wave form our galaxy being 7 days by 7 days in its sinal waveform effects quite a bit, where a complete waveform passes earth every 14 days, and 6.5 waveforms per quarter year or season, it is here that i am currently looking at the effects of this wave form in chemistry, and DNA, red and white blood cells and lunar motion. at least the numereical points are consistant.
    it would be a great help it accuratly connected as then humans will have a stable force govering life chemistry by which they are allowed to travel space, such at mars.
    The same Galactic EMF feild will exist at all the planets in our solar system and should be evident in some form of the lunar and planetary motions.

The last time I checked the earth had a hollow some where betwwen 17 miles and 35 miles in diameter. that may be to small when applying it to the Galaxy i am unsure what can be seen at the center of the galaxy as to date but i am confident that the galaxy has a hollow center core.

Your opinon about earth and the galaxy is yours, in contrast i do not see where my understanding of the earth its core and Emf feild is wrong, in fact my argument is to strong to be discredited, where solid core theroy and iron magnetic cores ideas are far to weak to with stand the abuse of my assertions even, they just crumble and are a waste of good minds stuck in a socially trained misconception.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.