Earth-sized UFO orbits Sun

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Landau Roof, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

I know! It sounds nuts, and it's someone else's job to report such things here, but this is pretty extraordinary. Maybe Paddoboy is right after all about advanced civilizations that can do astonishing things we hardly dare dream about. I am not saying it's aliens, but it is ... something. The guy who checks for solar flares and stuff spotted it: "Scott Waring at UFO Sightings Daily reported Oct. 25 that he discovered the weird image while perusing the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) photos, which he does on a daily basis."

The first article I linked to above even has some pictures, although I can't say they make things any clearer.

Can anyone explain the photos better? What do you think it is?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I can't see anything in the pictures but solar activity.
    Are you sure you've got the right pictures?
    I think this has been spoken about previously.
    It is a known phenomenon.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

The link is directly copied from the article I cite at the beginning of my post. I don't see anything either That's why I am asking if any one can explain the photos.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

9. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

Really? I thought it only happened October 25th? But, thanks. I'd like to see the link.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I edited

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Yes and it is clearly evil - It has reduced earth's spin rate. I think the their plan is to get it down to one 360 turn per year, so one side of earth is always turned towards the sun and the ocean there boil, while the other side of earth freezes.

14. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

But it not un-eyeidentified, innit?

15. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

I don't think your link is referring to the same incident. It's rather a different story, and I think mine only happened three days ago. Please investigate further. Thank you.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ouch, sorry.

17. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Sorry, I wasn't copying, I was looking for a clearer picture of the "UFO".
    I found it independently.
    To my mind. it's just some solar surface activity.
    The shape is a bit like the traditional flying saucer.
    I accept that.

18. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

You mean the moon?
    The moon is not a UFO, it's the moon.

19. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

20. billvon Valued Senior Member

Ah, that clears it up! Thanks.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You're an expert at stuffing things up Landau.

Any sufficiently advanced civilisation would be able to manage most of what is allowed by the laws of physics and GR, if they exist.
    Even if they did exist, the sheer size of the observable Universe, the sheer weight of numbers, time and distance, will always make contact hard.

UFO's of Alien origin are mostly crap illusions and vivid Imaginations by certain people.
    If any Alien was going to come here, they would obviously be in advance of us, and I really cannot see them picking up isolated individuals, in isolated circumstances, probing with anal probes and then drop back off with no evidence whatsoever of their existence or visits.

Yes, I'm certain ETI and life of varying degrees does exist out there somewhere, sometime, but as far as we know, they have not visited us, and we don't have any convincing evidence supporting any visitation.
    Why havn't they contacted us? [1] Time and distance again. [2] Perhaps any advanced civilisation has gone extinct. [3] Perhaps they don't know we are here yet [time and distance again] [4] Perhaps only primitive life not advanced enough for space travel exists as yet.[5]Perhaps they are studying us from afar....the reasons are many.

What about if we are it??? Yes, there is a tiny non zero chance that we are it, but if that were the case, it would create far many more questions to be answered, and wouldn't our religious/Creationists folk have a field day!

22. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

If we're really it, isn't there hope that the universe can continue without our help? That would be a joyful day!

Sorry for a derailment, but it went to anthropocentric pretty quickly. What if nobody cares? I wonder, but I need fresh vegetables more than wonderment...

23. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

Look, I agree with nearly everything you've said because you say IF. Yes, they very likely do exist, but we just don't know. It would be great if we knew soon, but it could be ten years or ten thousand before we do. Who can say? However, I disagree about the time and distance thing. I keep saying your time travel theories are fantastical, but if we allow for them, your remarks here are not fantastical enough! Yes, it's mind boggling. Perhaps there is a civilization of advanced that they control wormholes. Time and distance are no barriers at all for them. They can be 100 billion light years from here, and be there 100 million years ago, or 100 billion years from now instantaneously. If you are going to imagine, imagine large, Paddo!
    But, Paddoboy, you haven't considered what the toad man says. It could be that the ETs just don't know or don't care about us. I don't think that really is an Earth-sized starship coming out of the Sun, I only mention it for the fun of speculation, but IF it were, perhaps our Sun was used as one of your white hole portals, and this ship is merely making a necessary stopover at point B on its way from A to C. They either are unaware of us supposedly intelligent beings on planet three, or just couldn't care less. We're like a distant town you see from the train as you travel from your home city to Hollywood, maybe.