Dyson Bladeless Fan

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Pinwheel, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

You can say that pretty much about anything....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, considering I don't have a cell phone or a digital camera...I don't think so. At least not for me

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Maybe they are STILL too expensive for you...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

i couldn't live without my cell phone . . . or my microwave.
    i have lived in my apartment for roughly 4 years and it had a stove when i moved in.
    i don't even know if it works, i've never used it.
    well, yes i use it . . . to sit my microwave on.

8. MRC_Hans Skeptic Registered Senior Member

Well, to move a certain amount of air takes at least a certain amount of energy, there is no getting around that. Conventional fans, the fan propeller-like thing itself, are really quite efficient, but the type of motor traditionally used for driving them is not. I see the Dyson design as having better efficiency in two aspects:

1) It uses a far more efficient (and expensive) motor type.

2) It needs not accelerate the air-stream as much as the conventional design.

However, the far more complicated ducting of the air from the intake, through the concealed fan, and out through the rim is going to count on the loss side.

What is really smart is the lack of external moving parts. No more s*** hitting the fan.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And the design is really nifty (not like the awful contraption they call a vacuum cleaner).

Hans

9. lyline Registered Member

i totally love the design, but they really have a terrible high price!! They just seemed really cool. Obviously I wouldn't buy one, you know, not everyone has $500 to drop on a fan. </p>
    <p>Recently,i have seen some similar bladeless fans from SpeMall.com.They're on sale with cheap price. Does anyone here bought one of these? Do you think it's worthful? </p>

10. milym Registered Member

wall mounted fans

Which would create more rotation? is it the wide blades like from an electric fan or thin blades?
    I would like to try to catch air using a fan but which one create more rotation? the thin blades like from a wind turbine or the wide blades like from an electric fan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.