DVD with ads on it!

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Captain_Crunch, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I would only enjoy it as toilet paper.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Blindman Valued Senior Member

Not that I ever noticed it before but as an experiment I selected at random 20 books from my library, all but two had advertisements on the last pages the average of 2.4 pages of ad's per book.

You might hate ad's. Some of us are even so paranoid that they might be swayed into buying something they don't need.

Yes ad's can waist your time, and some can be downright annoying, But in the long run ad's reduce the price of goods and services. Its called supply and demand. Ads create demand, increased sales reduce cost, reduced cost makes for a better world.

Love or hate them, ad's make this technocratic world more accessible to all.

I wounder if any of you self proclaimed left wingers know how right wing your anti ad views are. :bugeye:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I have communist tendencies. I don't care about your worshipping of the supply/demand holy grail. Don't force it down my throat. I will pay more for less adds.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Blindman Valued Senior Member

But you dont mind playing with the toys...

8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I've never said I'm left wing. I dislike communists. Even had my name on a dotted line. suckers! got lucky with the ussr kaput.
    anyways.. how is disliking ads left wing>? I hate any attempts at brainwashing. that's all. and I don't care if someone is going to suffer if I don't buy some advertised product.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

It is a misconception that capatalism brought the world all that is good. Capatalism didn't invent everything nor did capatalism even create the internet for instance. Capatalism just exploits everything.

and this is all rather off topic.

10. Blindman Valued Senior Member

Disliking ads is right wing..

Well you better stop communicating, your starting to kill my brain cells...

11. Blindman Valued Senior Member

Spurious.. May be you should grow up a bit.. This is a capitalist world.. When you get sick many years from now you will thank the capitalist for providing you relief from suffering...

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You are making the mistake to think that the US is the world.

I'm not continuing these off topics remarks here. Create a thread if you want to discuss this.

13. Blindman Valued Senior Member

Yep we are spiraling. BTW Im not an American..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.