Dutch fear violence over provocative Islam film

Discussion in 'World Events' started by w1z4rd, Jan 20, 2008.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Will it ever end?:shrug:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not without some blood, sweat and tears, I reckon. :shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Sad, so sad.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

General roundup:

Well, they tried it with mixed islamic and Christian populations and it didn't turn out so good.

Maybe the muslims who moved in foresaw the Inquisition 600 years before it happened?

Yes, they were small and meek, you utter fool. A tiny, tiny minority religious enclave in a sea of people who treated them as second-class citizens at best??

It certainly was. Not so much now. SG pretty much got you on this one.

Yep. Your attitude is like that of the negligent zookeeper, who thinks that the monkeys in the monkey cage like to live in a concrete car park because they like the tire swing. "Why should they leave the monkey cage? They're happy there." Did no one put them in there?

Please excuse me for saying "unsurprising".

Rather, they are targetting some of the attitudes that arise from the film. The distinction is admittedly not always clear.

How is it equal treatment for the Dutch who suffer from extremism in their own country without a voice for response?

Yet it is a large minority who support and sympathize with this behaviour. You don't like religious criticism? Time to leave the Netherlands.

What, back in the 1800s? More time travel? For the 1400 years before, when Jews were herded into the Jewish Quarter? They knew about the Balfour Agreement back then too?

Or maybe the sentiment is already there; maybe the people are tired of islamicism. Is there something else that might alleviate such a sentiment?

Given the political situation, it might be better for the Dutch government to educate the Dutch people on the actual teachings of the Quran, on kaffirophobia and its effects and possible far reaching damage to Dutch society.

OBL made his attack based on the US "occupation" of the "holy ground" (why is it holy, exactly?) of Saudi Arabia, not for any perceived trampling of human rights by the Americans. There has never been any need for a logical rationale for extremists to hate the West; Qutb saw to that.

Depends where they are.

There are Indian soldiers killing Pakistani citizens, and Indian citizens, in Kashmir. Religious riots rocked Calcutta just last month. Are you innocent?

The same goes for you, or so you say. You support islamic "defense" (which, like the hydra, has many heads and many meanings), yet no one forces you to do so.

Best,

Geoff

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Is he?

Should they be or not?

Specks and planks.

You only seem to care about some of them.

There are several muslims on this board - not Zak, I add - who seem to believe in "defense of Mohammed". Have you not noticed these individuals? Do you prefer not to?

Why? Because Americans could not possibly make such a comment? Excuse me: white Americans, apparently.

I wonder sometimes if you have indeed ever been in the US, as you claim. I've only been here two years and I see no evidence of the kind of nonsense you're talking about.

Best,

Geoff

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

He don't even know what a QRF mission is. His terminology isn't even correct for a soldier, and you don't dismount just one person for a recon.

He states that he was dismounted because he was the lowest rank, well it isn't done that way, a section is dismounted, to provide mutual cover in case of a ambush, and the ACAV stands in overwatch to provide fire support.

And where all of a sudden do all the rest of the solders come from? the ones playing soccer with the head? he and his track had just arrived on the scene, he was the first to dismount, and the area wasn't secured yet, and I don't know of a grunt that would take the time to be playing soccer in a un-secured ambush site, there are more important thing on the agenda at that point in time.

He called the track a APC, that is the term used for the M-113, the M-2 is referred to as the Bradley, or ACAV, 113 are not used in QRF missions.

And again a un-vetted source, with no confirmable source, hearsay.

In another interview Key's states:

http://thetyee.ca/News/2005/08/02/IraqDeserter/

Isn't that a kufi, he is wearing?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

He didn't escape from Iraq he went home on leave and deserted.

Well guess what if you want out the military lets you out, the military is now a all volunteer force, and they don't keep anyone who doesn't want to be there, all you have to do is refuse to cooperate and you will be out as not adaptable to military the needs of the military, and the other thing is all he would have to have done to get out, is bring it to the attention of his congress man that he was enlisted under fraudulent conditions and the contract would have been null and void and he would have been out in a heart beat, but then he would have had to pay the enlistment bonus back.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So did the army investigate the soccer incident?

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

How did the guy "step out" of a tank?

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

To do so Joshua Key would have to report the incident, date and location, he did none of that, he didn't even try.

Now that he is in Canada why hasn't he given locations and dates? names of people who were in involved, he tells a good story but no fact to back up his allegations, hell 30 years later and I can name the places where I was in combat in Vietnam, where friend died, and the missions took place, he is safe in Canada, but his request for asylum has been denied, the Canadians don't believe his story, and they have put us on their list of people who use torture, and if his story held water he would have been given political asylum.

13. Bells Staff Member

Ah Geoff.. How are you my lil strudel?

What do you think Geoff?

Are you buying into the fear campaign as well Geoff? What do you have to be afraid of, Geoff? What do the Dutch have to be afraid of? Are you, like mountainhare, afraid of an "Islamic plague" or "Islamic invasion"? Do you think the whites around the world are suffering from "Caucasophobia"? Do you?

Do you think a movie that is intended to offend and provoke will get the reaction Wilders wanted to get to prove whatever point he appears to be trying to make? Can't you see the possible reason for this film and for the threats of desecrating the Koran? Or do you not wish to see?

Meh, don't know why I bother really.

14. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

He does not wish to see Im afraid. Wilders is just a fascist pretending to protect democracy. And there are morons on the other side who will gladly react to this moron and put all of us in a bad light. *sigh*

15. Bells Staff Member

Which is probably why he made the movie in the first place.

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Saucy and sweet both.

I dunno. Has he said something racist?

Nothing at all - save perhaps the fate of the Copts in Egypt, the Assyrian Latinate communities of Syria, the Maronites, the Zoroastrians, the Eastern Jews of Afghanistan and Pakistan, the Iberian natives, North Africans, the Greeks and Armenians of Asia Minor, the Hindus of Malaysia, and so forth. But, other than that, nothing at all.

Er...wouldn't "Caucasophobia" imply that white people were afraid of themselves?

I see a brave man provoking a community that has never experienced criticism (*cough cough* sadistic protectionistic laws in dar-al-islam *cough cough*), and which needs a good stout blast of it. Sam sometimes opines that if you can't handle the heat, you should emigrate. Is this model good here also?

Well neither do I, if you're going to carry on like that.

17. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

And the Japanese had two atomic bombs dropped on them.

YET, get this, they're rich.

While the Chinese are poor.

Now I have personally heard Chinese blame the Japanese for the Communist Party. It's always easier to play the blame game isn't it?

18. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't lean too heavily on that story, were I you. It's got a few problems, even besides the military particulars.

For one thing, playing soccer with a human head would be something like playing soccer with a bowling ball. Combat boots are tough, but the knees etc? And though I am nto up on the trends in sandlot sport, I don't recall soccer being among the favorite pickup games in the kinds of kids who went into the army, from my neighborhood. And the boots, the gear, the heat, the strangers standing around, the ubiquitous cameras showing up in trucks, the hassle of cutting heads off - - - something jsut seems fishy about the whole scene.

As I believe I stated, that 's what it looks like to me.

And the fact that he can get his desired reaction in that manner demonstrates a serious problem, which anyone finding themselves hosting Muslim immigrants had better attend to.

19. Bells Staff Member

Do a little research into good old Wilde, Geoff. You'll see for yourself.

I see you have forgotten to take your anti-paranoia pills this morning. For now you best get that pitchfork handy.

Read mountainhare's post a few pages back.

A brave man eh? Gee Geoff, I never picked you for supporting a right wing separatist. You should get into contact with the "Stop Islamisation of Europe", they are planning to travel to Amsterdam to protest the Government's disapproval against this film. I understand they have a UK base as well.

But in giving criticism, tell me Geoff, is desecrating their religious text warranted? Is it a necessary part of giving criticism? Or could it be, the "brave man" is attempting to increase the divide and simply drive all non westerner's out of his country? You know, since he ran for politics on the 'deny entry to all non-Westerners' ticket. Lucky for you, you're a white fellow who happens to hail from a Western country.

Do you think persecuting Muslims in Western countries is a good idea? After all, you're supporting a guy who wants to persecute them and drive them out. Best be careful Geoff, the dusky fellows are coming to get you. The "invasion" is coming!

It's always the same old same old isn't it?

The reaction is not just from the Muslim quarter, but from the left and the right who will use this for their own goals. Do Muslims have a right to be pissed off? I'd say yes. After all, if you are a Muslim who has done nothing wrong, you would not deserve to be discriminated against and constantly insulted, would you? I'll give you an example... would this discussion be taking place if the film were about blacks? How about Jews? Jews and Christians? How can I put this. If you keep pushing them, at some point or another, they will begin to react.

Personally, the Muslims should not give the idiot what he wants and simply ignore him and it. Be the better person and let him rot in the stagnant pool of hatred he has made for himself.

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

SAM I could compile an entire thread out of questions of mine you didn't answer in this thread.. You completely ignore half of my questions.. Why ?

21. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Get used to it