Dutch fear violence over provocative Islam film

Discussion in 'World Events' started by w1z4rd, Jan 20, 2008.

1. iceaura Valued Senior Member

But apparently you feel Islam should receive its own desired modifications of the special and limited criticism protections Judaism receives, and no other religion receives, in the Netherlands.

You feel that Islam and Muslims should be included with Judaism and Jews in these special categories of protection, rather than being included with all the other religions and causes of the world.

The process of earning that privilege is not so attractive, however.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

And there it is. The Iranians have their theocracy ALL because of the west. The Chinese have the communist party ALL because of the Japanese....:bugeye:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

So, now you consider yourself a target? By a film? That you haven't even seen? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:bravo::roflmao:

You are lying, you haven't seen the film.

If I burn the NHL rulebook, do I hate all professional hockey players who follow it?

No one is stopping you or will stop you. Go ahead if you're so paranoid.

A complete waste of time and resources considering Islamophobia is a meaningless term made up by those who choose to hide from the criticism.

There are Muslims exploding bombs all over the world killing innocent civilians.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

Egads.. this subject has veered all over the place since I last posted.

What are the particular reasons for this film? Lets see.. the creator is a racist. Now that should be a fairly good indication of his reasons behind making the film, don't you think? Why specifically target one religion, especially when one considers his thoughts on Muslims, if it is not to provoke more hatred and violence? Why feel the need to rip apart and desecrate their religious texts in the process? Could it be, wild guess here, it was done specifically to get a violent reaction from the Muslim population? Is it possible the film was created to gauge a reaction from the white population (keep in mind he is a racist) to instill a culture of fear and hatred? This film was not made to question or discuss facts actually. It was made to provoke a reaction.

Look at mountainhare's post as an indication... I'll give you some key words.. "Islamic plague".. "Caucasophobia".. "Islamic invasion"... Where do you think that sentiment comes from? The Dutch are feeling nervous about immigration as it is. This film was designed to tip their preference in one direction. From the article posted in the OP:

------------------------------------------------------------------

No, he's preferring to do that himself in his film it seems:

Really? All over the world huh? Sheesh (Q), where do you live that Muslims are bombing your country and killing innocent civilians? I can assure you, not a single one of them has ever done so, where I live. Don't worry (Q), I'm sure your precious metals and your womenfolk will be safe.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

As you've shown your lack of reading comprehension on many an occasion, I'll point out the flaw in your rant that demonstrates this once again.

I said all over the world, I didn't say everywhere in the world.

Sheesh!

9. Bells Staff Member

Again, "all over the world"? You have proof of this fact do you? Or does "all over the world" only encompass a small part of the world, which you assume and define as being "all over the world"?

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Here's your proof.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Do I? No, but much less do I believe protestations of freedom of expression in such cases.

And native Americans live on reservations and Aborigines do not have self determination and we had 200 years of cultural suppression and Iraqis have a destroyed infrastructure that will be devastated for generations and Afghanistan is not what it used to be before the mujahideen, etc.

Some damages cannot be easily undone.

How many of these Muslims have you met?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008
  12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The same number of "US troops killing civilians in Iraq... and ...Dutch troops killing Afghanis..." that you met.

*why do I respond to this nitwit?*

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Kind of hard to meet them, unless you reassemble them, and then there always seems to be parts missing, mostly the brains.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You mean the ones who gave press conferences and wrote books extolling their performances? Those ones?

*dunno, why do you?*

Is that why the US troops play soccer with their heads?

If you make a film that the US Constitution is evil and all those who follow it are evil and then proceed to tear it up and burn it, I'd love to see the reaction.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  15. Bells Staff Member

Ah that explains your problems Q. You have my pity. Although you are the last person I would have expected to frequent a site advertising funding for Christian children.

16. milkweed Valued Senior Member

Effort to get this back on track.

"Later, he [Geert Wilders] suggested that Muslims should 'tear out half of the Koran if they wished to stay in the Netherlands' because it contained 'terrible things' and that Muhammad would 'in these days be hunted down as a terrorist'."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geert_Wilders

Can one argue that 'these days' were muhammad to go around promoting the killing of infidels, jews and christians, as has been quoted, he wouldnt be hunted down as a terrorist? I would say at a minimum he would be on a no-fly list in the US, UK, Canada, China (no doubt) Russia, Japan... blah blah blah.

And people have torn out half the bible. Respected people. Starting way back even before the USA was formed and continuing on to this very day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/jesus/jefferson.html

Yet christianity has survived these things. Even when people did not survive christianities inability to accept heretics. Why would islam want to repeat the dark age mentality?

But repeat it, they are.

Sentenced to death in Afghanistan just this week:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22789664/

Outrage by muslims? There are plenty of issues that muslims should be outraged about.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22808425/

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

With every word you type you show just how dangerous Wilders and his kin are.

Are we talking about the same man?

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Ah, so you finally realize just how silly your responses have been. It's about time.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah make a movie like that and then go to Texas.

Be sure to reiterate how evil the US Constitution is again and again.

20. milkweed Valued Senior Member

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You can't be an American.

e.g. Having a white American standing at Ground Zero and saying it was a good thing is vastly different from having a bearded imam standing there saying it was a good job.

22. milkweed Valued Senior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Maher

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member