Dumb Criminals

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by StrangerInAStrangeLand, Mar 16, 2009.

1. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Ankle Deep in Big Trouble

Nathaniel Johnson (pictured) was arrested last fall on burglary, drugs and weapons charges. While awaiting trial, Johnson was required to wear an ankle monitoring bracelet which allowed authorities to monitor his whereabouts.

So that made it pretty easy for cops to notice that
    http://blog.trutv.com/dumb_as_a_blog/dumb_criminals/index.html

Farther down the same page : What should I do if someone steals my drugs? & Hey, That Thing's Not On, Is It?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

This thread is going to be pretty funny once the links stop working.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

Sam, be more optimistic.

8. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Well, if I've erred & you could enlighten me so I can fix it before the edit button expires, I don't think that's funny at all.

9. John99 Banned Banned

For some reason SAM is concerned that the links will expire.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well maybe I'm the only one here who delves into the archives.

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

StrangerInAStrangeLa, did you hear about the moron in the ACT who tried to steal a car and when the cops rocked up they found him locked IN the car

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

God, what an idiot (i want to know how its possable to lock yourself in a car actually, it shouldnt be possable)

12. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Seems vaguely familiar. How recent is it?

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

14. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the link.
    The article calls him a silly thief yet it's sillier to omit how he was locked inside the car.

15. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

maybe the cops dont want people to know for some reason. Could be that the car was modified for this purpose which would be a VERY bad thing. Im not thinking about thieves so much as a system which malfuntions or goes off in an acident and traps the legal driver.

or it could just be bad reporting (or it could be he was so drunk he hit the central locking switch and then couldnt find it again

)

16. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

ajanta likes this.
  17. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Man with cocaine arrested after asking police for ride home
    By Associated Press Published: Oct 20, 2010

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a 19-year-old Danville man was arrested after a police officer he asked for a ride discovered cocaine in his pocket.
    Ongley Raymond Ocon III has been charged with felony possession of cocaine.
    San Mateo County prosecutors say Ocon left a party in San Carlos early Sunday morning, walked up to a Redwood City police patrol car and asked for a ride home to Danville.
    The officer apparently asked Ocon whether he was carrying anything illegal.
    Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe says Ocon initially responded "yes" before pausing and saying "no."
    Wagstaffe tells the Contra Costa Times Ocon then agreed to be searched, and the officer discovered the cocaine.

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/105364923.html

18. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

ajanta and precious like this.
  19. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

20. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

David Weber, Miami Beach Man, Tried To Buy Beer With Bartender's Own Stolen Credit Card

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (Associated Press) -- Police in Miami Beach say a homeless man broke into a car, stole a credit card and then tried to use it to buy a beer - from the bartender the card belonged to.

The case was cracked when 53-year-old David Weber handed the card to the bartender who took his order Monday night. The Miami Herald reports the bartender noticed he had just been handed his own credit card.

The bartender called Miami Beach police. Weber was charged with credit card fraud and theft. He remained in the Miami-Dade County Jail early Wednesday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...rd_n_1877059.html?utm_hp_ref=stupid-criminals

21. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Robber hands gun to cashier by mistake during robbery
    Last Updated: 12:56PM GMT 05/01/2012
    A robber accidentally gave his gun to a cashier while meaning to hand over his swag bag.
    The thief raided the Halifax bank in Cheapside in the City of London and demanded £700,000 in cash from the bank worker.
    But after making his demands, the crook - who was wearing shades and a flat cap - handed over his gun to the cashier instead of a bag.
    The male cashier froze as the crook realised his mistake and made a grab for his gun before running off as the security shutters came down.
    Bank staff immediately raised the alarm, but the thief escaped after stealing a bank worker's bike and pedalling off.
    This week bosses at the bank put up a £25,000 reward for information about the robbery and police have also released CCTV of the man just before he entered the bank on October 22 last year.
    A spokesman for the City of London Police said this week: "CCTV of the incident appears to show a man threatening a bank employee with a gun, before demanding £700,000.
    "The bank's security shutters were quickly activated, leaving the suspect empty-handed apart from an employee's bicycle, which he initially used to make his getaway.
    "The incident was made all the more remarkable when the suspected robber handed over his gun to the employee, before realising his mistake and seizing the weapon back."
    Cops say the crook is white, unshaven and 'stocky' and that he is aged in his late 20s to 30s.
    A police source said: "This man is not the sharpest tool in the box.
    "The guess is that he is very inexperienced and panicked when he approached the cashier, handing over his gun instead of a bag by mistake."
    Detective Inspector Lee Bowen said: "This is a serious crime, the type of which is rare in the City, and we'd urge anyone who might be able to help us with our enquiries to get in touch."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...r-by-mistake-during-robbery.html?mobile=basic

22. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

23. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member