Drug assistance

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Dionysus, Jan 29, 2003.

?

Psychoactive Drugs

1. Quite useful, I recommend.

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. Has uses, but I am cautious about use.

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Depends on the individual.

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. There is no beneficial use.

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. Dionysus Registered Member

Do you believe in the spiritual use of pyschoactive drugs (cannibis, psilocybin, etc..)? Do they have a place in spiritual growth? Are they simply a vice, an excuse to get high? What do you think?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

2 drugs that did wonders for me philosophically were mushrooms and Ecstasy. I have quit all drugs now. But to those who feel drugs may have something to teach them, go for it, but be careful. Always remember drugs are the light, not the path... And eventually the light will burn out. Once it has, put it down and go on without it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

I would have to agree with not me. Though sometimes it isn't the light that is burning out it is your fear of the unkown growing. Spirituality can scare the shit out of you it is kind of like a drug trip of its own.

8. Jolly Rodger Banned Banned

there is your spiritual world and the world in which you were born in to, it would be a pitty not to visit the spiritual side at least once although when you go to far you will leave the real world behind and that is where everyone you love is. In saying this i mean when you spend to much time on drugs there is no readjusting to the world in which you used to know all so well.

9. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

I would disagree. I would say the fear of the unkown is why some people STAY on drugs, cause they can't face their discovery without it.

10. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

It can be both. Some times drugs can show you more then you want to know at that time. Or perhaps they will realize faults about them that they are afraid to face. Ei: Mushrooms will disolve the ego temporarily and it can release blocked memory and un-resolved personal issues. When those thing pop up it is not unsual for some to hide and pray for the trip to end. if you dwell in the fear you will never leave it but if you accept it, it will pass. At times I would say that some are afraid of the borderless world that is drawn up. Mushrooms will not work unless you let go of all existance; to be taken on a trip. That is how mushrooms can help you obtain wisdom. They are a teacher and they teach direct experience as a lesson. That is the reason for the halucinations, to be temporarily with out physical form. Mind you I am going of on a vison quest here so this may not fit every ones goal with mushrooms. Mushrooms can teach you much if you go towards them with openess. Though like Notme said they are only a temporary ally they are to be discarded when you deem it to be time.

11. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Agreed. I didn't take in to acount the "sometimes" in your post, lol. That's the trickiness about drugs. It's hard to recognise when they've outworn their use and now you depend on them. So proceed with caution.

12. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

I agree its a slipper path. Though it can be easy to run out of fear and call it quiting. Since the majority of society will pat you on the back for it. Though do not forget when you quit it is not what the drugs did to you it is what you did on the drugs.

13. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Exactly. Once drugs have served their purpose, it becomes you abusing them.

14. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't call it spirituality or spiritual growth. I think any spiritual attachment is purely the feelings of euphoria induced by the drug. So...

Drugs can be fun. They are simply a risky tool used in trying to maximize happiness.

Yep, thats about tit.

15. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

I would agree, but I think is important ot be aware of the true motive of your choice.

Not all drugs in duce euphoria. It is not like a mushroom trip is allways a perfect voyage there will be many storms.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Agreed. But the darkness you speak of can actually be a result of the drug itself... You abuse it, it abuses you back.

17. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

Trust me I know this

. But the goal is always euphoria. Nobody does acid looking for a bad trip...

18. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Some people do drugs looking for insight, wether it be good or bad. For example, when I was concidering quitting drugs, I turned to mushrooms (yes, I see the irony) to help with the decision. I purposely induced a bad trip to show me all the bad things about myself that were caused by drugs. That was the LAST time I ever did drugs.

19. Rick Valued Senior Member

Usage of Drugs when Other effective and Natural methods are available is ridiculus!And we havent yet talked about the Serious Side effects of such Durgs...

bye!

20. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

Heh cool. You did drugs in order to stop doing drugs. Maybe we should start giving shrooms to addicts

True, there are people that do drugs for insight or inspiration.

Tell me an effective, natural method of getting high.

21. Rick Valued Senior Member

Yoga and Meditations provide difficult but a fundamental means of relaxations and getting high and in a trance that you'd desire...

bye!

22. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I thought this is what you meant or maybe an adrenaline high as in xtreme sports...
    I agree this is a viable alternative but it is not the same thing. I mean, taking a hit of acid and sitting down to meditate will definately not yield the same results. People do drugs even though they are dangerous because it gives a unique experience. I do not currently do drugs and I am not advocating them...just pointing out that there are definite, concrete reasons people do them.

23. Rick Valued Senior Member

Neither do i...

I am totally against drugs because i have seen my friends Fall into Booby trap because of the Spiritual reasons.True drugs can produce unique experiences.Like you can have Flying experiences and other OBE with these.

Some hallucinogen also produce Tunnel like O.B.Es...

But Drugs are totally uncool.I warned all of the friends,And it costed them too much of money and time to come out of the addictions...

bye!