Drop the Bible and step away slowly

Discussion in 'World Events' started by GeoffP, Dec 21, 2006.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Hullo again. Which idiots am I supporting? I can never keep track, seemingly.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, George W. Bush.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I do??!??

Oh my un-God. I never knew. All this time I thought I was kind of a Gore-environmental guy. Is this another of those nefarious Rovian plots? If I become a citizen and vote, will my hand inch uncontrollably to the box with the grinning monkey from Texas? Can I be trusted not to shoot my friends in the face whilst hunting? Are the Lizardoid legions watching me as we speak?

Well, I mean aside from the ones I command, of course.

So many questions. Only you can help me, seemingly.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Although you are loathe to admit it, you are quite right: As you know, a certain segment of America believes that God of the universe has chosen the tiny mountain town of Jerusalem as his eternal abode. He will someday rule the world from Jerusalem. Those believers in One Nation Under God have a need to be in touch with the ruling powers in Washington. The neocons had this evangelical right. They were supposed to go all the way. Israel is losing a lifeline to the Evangelical American. Right?

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Euh...and this is the reason I'm going to be voting for Karl Rove and Bush without even knowing I did? Wow. They're even sneakier than I thought.

Israel is losing what to the who? Is it big trouble in Little Israel that they didn't pull off Armageddon this term? "Lifeline"? Should Israel "Phone a Friend"? Or let the audience decide?

9. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

There will never again be a friend to Israel, like the USA has been. It won't be the end of the world when America can't afford the Promised Land anymore. Sorry, and good luck getting along with all those inexplicably-grumpy, multiplying cousins of yours.

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

"inexplicably-grumpy, multiplying cousins"?

What? In Cheshire? Who is it who's multiplying again? Some days having a convo with you is the equivalent of an out-of-body experience, hype.

11. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

No no, Tribe Israel's cousins don't want to get along. What's to become of all these people getting in God's way in the Holy Land? The neocons were going to raise up Israel, with friendly pro-American neighbors. Like Urban Renewal but on a bigger, vastly more chaotic scale. New American Century this is not. As we can see, the business plan doesn't fit the market.

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

"Cousins"?

Personally, my perspective has always been that the Jews moved to Palestine and tried to live peacefully and build something, then were attacked by people unfortunately locked into the mindset of a 7th-century "business plan" towards ethnic tolerance - regular protection payments, no complaints department and no money back, ever. Like a revolving door that only goes one way.

Also, I thought American antisemitism - particularly among the types you mention, them neocon types, mmm-hmm - was pretty high back in the 1920s-1940s?

13. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"I thought American antisemitism - particularly among the types you mention, them neocon types, mmm-hmm - was pretty high back in the 1920s-1940s?"

Actually, even though Anti-Semitism is disaccepted, all the similar hated traits that anti-Jewish-Semites could trot out against a personless institution are clearly not positive traits for a nation to display. Anti-zionism is growing by leaps and bounds. This trend will have consequences for that peculiar institution: You know, slavery's descendant: the institution of apartheid.

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

But which zionism, and what context? Expansion, surely: but defense? A right to exist?

15. desi Valued Senior Member

Slavery's descendant is not apartheid, its the ghetto. When slavery ended and former slaves were given preferential treatment in hiring, many managed to stay in the lower strata of society.

Zionism is not a pretty thing to behold. Jews basically stole land from people already there, they used terrorism to run off the British who were in charge there. We're supposed to say its okay for the Jews to do this because the Germans killed some of them long ago. So don't speak up or your antisemitic.

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

The Brits were run off by both parties, not one in particular. And as they were disallowing Jews from protecting themselves, well...

17. desi Valued Senior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menachem_Begin

"Begin issued a call to arms and from 1945–48 the Irgun launched an all-out armed rebellion, perpetrating hundreds of attacks against British installations and posts. For several months in 1945–46, the Irgun’s activities were coordinated within the framework of the Hebrew Resistance Movement under the direction of the Haganah, however this fragile partnership collapsed following the Irgun’s bombing of the British administrative headquarters at the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, killing 91 people, including British officers and troops as well as Arab and Jewish civilians. The Irgun under Begin’s leadership continued to carry out military operations such as the break in to Acre Prison, and the hanging of two British sergeants, causing the British to suspend any further executions of Irgun prisoners. Growing numbers of British forces were deployed to quell the Jewish uprising, yet Begin managed to elude captivity, at times disguised as a rabbi. The British Security Service MI5 placed a 'dead-or-alive' bounty of £10,000 on his head after Irgun threatened 'a campaign of terror against British officials', saying they would kill Sir John Shaw, Britain's Chief Secretary in Palestine. An MI5 agent codenamed Snuffbox also warned that Irgun had sleeper cells in London trying to kill members of British Prime Minister Clement Attlee's Cabinet.[1]"

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You haven't researched prior to that? Have a look.

19. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

they're just fulfilling their spiritual obligations by keeping out bad influences and idols etc. its the same as keeping drugs out, people should have the right to consume whatever they want, but for the sake of society we forbid it.