Drivers see sex attack in street but fail to stop

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by lucifers angel, Feb 13, 2008.

?

Would you stop, and help?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2008.
  1. Yes

91.7%
  2. No

4.2%
  3. Who cares? Its not my problem

4.2%
  1. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

If I saw someone actually being sexually assaulted I think I'd use the switchblade I keep for cleaning my fingernails.

Agreed.

Feminism is about the SOCIETAL AND POLITICAL equality of women. It's not sexist saying that women are smaller than men, that's just a fact. It's no more sexist than saying that men have 2 testicles.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Pinocchio's Hoof

I empathise with you but you REALLY shouldnt have gone over to his house to "sort it out". That was your mestake, and you PROBABLY should have got the cops involved from the start

I hope your ok

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Orleander originally implied men should have no reason not to help women but women had reasons not to do anything, do you not find this alone to be about societal equality in any way? The original generalisation was based solely on gender without stating anything about size. So yes, I have to inform you that is sexist.
    As a side-note I've encountered many a feminist who would get quite irate at any mere suggestion of any difference in size or strength as a generalisation between the genders as they strongly believe they are equivalent to any man, yet curiously also share the original concept that they should be rescued, by a man(because they're generally bigger), which of course makes little logical sense and is entirely hypocritical. Perhaps on some occasions it's a mere slip of the tongue, others I'm not so sure.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

I'm fine, and you are right.sometimes in the heat of the moment being rational doesn't take priority :bawl:

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

That's what I said? I said should?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

NO! I said I would stop, I understand why a woman wouldn't. But I didn't understand why a man wouldn't. No where did I say women shouldn't stop and men should.

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

[quote[]As a side-note I've encountered many a feminist who would get quite irate at any mere suggestion of any difference in size or strength as a generalisation between the genders as they strongly believe they are equivalent to any man, yet curiously also share the original concept that they should be rescued, by a man(because they're generally bigger), which of course makes little logical sense and is entirely hypocritical. Perhaps on some occasions it's a mere slip of the tongue, others I'm not so sure.[/quote]

Those so-called feminists are little more than misguided, man-hating imbeciles. Don't confuse 'man-hating imbecile' with 'any woman who wants to be treated as a human being and not as a uterus on legs.'

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Orleander you do realise not every guy is a massive tank, My partner could probably beat me to a pulp if she tried and so could most guys

The same excuse that a women could use so could most guys, if i had to pysically fight a guy i would probably do nothing but get knocked out. Of course im not that stupid that i would actually fight someone, i would have used my car

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so only massive tanks will scare off a guy. Good to know.

12. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

You implied it very clearly, my apologies for not more clearly conveying that in my post. It has been edited.

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i am 5ft short, and i know i would stop and try to help, so there are no excuses for men not stopping!

14. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Those so-called feminists are little more than misguided, man-hating imbeciles. Don't confuse 'man-hating imbecile' with 'any woman who wants to be treated as a human being and not as a uterus on legs.'[/QUOTE]

With so many of them in existence it is easy to confuse those who want true equality to those who believe they're superior because of their genitals. Where I'm from however there aren't many on either side that treat others as human beings, it's mostly just objectification and walking sex toys, but for some people that's just how they want to be seen.:shrug:

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I did not imply it. I said I didn't understand why a man wouldn't. If you meant to give me examples of why a man wouldn't, fine, then do so. But don't translate what I have said to something different.

I come from a military family and I have a husband who is built like a tank. Growing up, the men I knew carried guns. The men I know come to the defense of those smaller than them. The men I know come to the aid of others. Small, timid, elderly frail men are not men I automatically think of. They are not the men I know.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

AGREED!!! :bravo:

17. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Interesting. What about a dwarf man? Or just someone really weak? Should he stop to take on someone who looks big enough that they could be a wrestler? Just on the basis that he has a cock? Whereas the same person without a cock should do what?

18. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

You couldn't fathom a reason why a man wouldn't stop, I think you may find that's a clear implication you believe they should all stop.
    Or are you saying you can't think of a reason he wouldn't stop, but he shouldn't.

19. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

I would get out, find a blunt object and aim at the knees.

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I just thought of a reason why a man wouldn't stop. He's a coward. If that man's mom, wife, sister, or daughter was ever raped, I hope he thinks of that woman he was too afraid to help.
    No, I can't think of any other single reason why a man wouldn't stop.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

So women are allowed to be cowards? That's interesting too.

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yep, very interesting. But then women have a history of being raped and attacked by men. They have a good reason for being afraid. But like I said, I would stop. I'd be afraid, but I would still stop.

23. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

I think you'll find the weak have a history of being attacked by the strong, regardless of gender.
    Bravery isn't the lack of fear, it's the will to overcome it. This also is not dependant on gender in any way.