Dream Theater

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by kenton, Aug 20, 2001.

1. kenton Registered Member

I just discovered Dream Theater. THEY ROCK! And they have one of the best drummers I've ever heard. I think the type of music is called "progressive rock". Anyways, if you like rock, then you should check it out.

Kenton

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ana Registered Senior Member

I got to hear their stuff too...

I heard them for the first time back in May of this year...I don't like them as much as I like Rush (and their drummer) but Portnoy has some really nice double bass work...some may say too much...but hey, everyone has their trademark. I know I wouldn't mind being able to work my feet like that on my kit.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Blunther Registered Senior Member

Just listening to a bit of Dreamers at the moment. It's good shit.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I just downloaded a few of their tunes and they sound like a cross between YES and URIAH HEEP or STYX. Not a bad sound at all, I like them also.

8. GuitarToadster Packin' six-string heat! Registered Senior Member

If you like their music you should buy one of their albums... I would suggest "Awake" or "Once In A Live Time", the latter being a 2 CD set and features live peformances... they even play a few old Metallica riffs for fun in their jams. Definitely worth what you would pay for it.

9. Blunther Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I recommend 'Awake'. It's the first album I got of theirs, and it's a beauty! Some great songs on there.

10. theonlyguyever omg met's lake out!!1 Registered Senior Member

i'm into dream theater as well.. as for their best album, i'd recommend their concept work "scenes from a memory".... for their overall best song, check out the album "a change of seasons" and listen to the title cut...... pure aural gold.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

GuitarToadster......

I use a free file sharing site that has those live performances on it. I downloaded live from Japan which was 35 minutes long. Don't you use the free file sharing sites yourself?

12. GuitarToadster Packin' six-string heat! Registered Senior Member

Cosmictraveler, that's cool but I don't do it myself (nothing to do with whether or not I think it's right or wrong) I don't use mp3 format to listen to music, just wav.

13. Christian Sodomy Registered Senior Member

Fake prog metal. Fuck this overrated band.

14. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

which song of their's is really good