Dragon's Underground Bunker - Purchase or Build Your Own?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Lomion Registered Member

Here's what I'd do...

Buy some land in some backwoods town. Especially if an agriculturally based town. This will deter a major portion of the population found in rural areas. Build it yourself. Start buy picking out a good location on the land, and dig really really REALLY deep. You can probably get away with doing it all with shovels and such if you're worried about cost. Concrete is easy enough to make and pour. Get some friends together, and make a day of it. It'll probably take months, but you get the point. Assuming the bunker is low enough in the ground, you probably won't have to worry about radiation, since good ol' mother nature and her soil will absorb that for you. Some lead lining wouldn't be bad, but that would probably be a contract job. To get there, just build some stairs. Again with the concrete. You can buy generators that can run off of light, gasoline, natural gas, and some other stuff. Pick at least 2 different types to make sure you're safe. You'll need an air filtration unit (not too hard to find/make), and some food. Definitely make room for at least 2 or 3 people down there, otherwise all that time alone will take a toll on your psyche. Bad times...Anyway, most supplies should be non-perishable goods (canned things, tons of preservatives, etc). I'd stay away from refrigerated things if I were you, because fridges take up a lot of energy, and you have no idea how long you'll be down there. Keep food for at least a year or two (preferably more), and water for a greater amount of time. Basic medication such as asprin, cold medicine, and some antibiotics would be wise. Bring an acoustic guitar or something to give you something to kill time with.

If you do it all yourself, and keep to your land, you should be able to keep just about everyone from knowing what you built, and where you built it. For best results, I suggest reading The Zombie Survival Guide. It covers a lot of this kind of stuff. A interesting book (to say the least), but it definitely makes some good points.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Forget the simple one-paged nuclear survival guides.

This is an entire book, free and online. It is 1980s Cold War era, written by an alumnus of the Oak Ridge laboratory, with a foreward by Dr Edward Teller, father of the hydrogen bomb(!) and the man Stanley Kubric's Dr Strangelove was modelled after. Basically everything you'd ever want to know about Nuclear War and how to survive it:

http://oism.org/nwss/s73p906.htm (the navigation menu will be to the left)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

ok so...its imPortant to stay undeground after 4 weeks from that nuclear exPlosion so that radiation levels change from 1000 to 1 R/hr.

Also its good to have many thick layers (8 or so) of 5 inch walls made of earth.

Also if you haPPen to know where the clouds are heading...run away from those clouds...because thats were the fallout is.

When you walk out outside...take in only that food which is Packed...close container-wise.

Also remember that there are other PeoPle around you...so have guns and knifes.

In the event of a massive nuclear exPlosion...remember to have some sort of heaters and clothes...as this might have triggered atmosPheric cooling

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  8. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

I would definitely build my base at the north pole. Entrance from a mountain, tunnel reaching depths of 5000 feet under water. And Base a buoyant sphere with enough gas to travel the world three times and enough food & water to live for 15 years.

This sphere would also have two of every animal

9. draqon Banned Banned

problems here:

*ability to build anything at north pole is limited
    *North pole is melting away already...those nuclear blasts may cause even more melting...from cascade events of environmental reactions
    *ability to build at such remote place and to transfer such huge amounts of mass there...and to do so without getting noticed.
    *and finally MONEY$$$...were are thou?

10. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Why not just move to Switzerland if theres likely to be a global war?

11. draqon Banned Banned

so Switzerland is in another dimensional world or something?

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Switzerland = bunkerland
    if you didn't know.

13. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

* if Finland can do it so can I!
    * My base is a submarine - and my tunnel floats
    * where there is will there is way
    * did Noah need money??

14. draqon Banned Banned

Noah didn't need gas

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Noah's will was stronger...:bugeye: ...or am I wrong?

And Search and Destroy...please be real. Were in the world will you get to steal a submarine which is already used in the war anyways?

This is for real, I am offering to discuss real ways on how to survive nuclear war...so please stop abusing this thread.

15. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

fine, I'm a hoax

My best advice is to invest a few months of your life to practicing survival skills. Learn to make fire, how to test potentially poisonous plants, and how to trap animals. Get good at climbing, learn knot-craft.

16. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

They don't get into wars.

17. draqon Banned Banned

so they say. their neutrality is Pathetic.

18. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

In an escalating global nuclear war, there will be no neutrality, only those killed in the blasts and those battling nuclear winter. Between America's short-bus President and Russia's vampiric leader, a new Cold War may be fast on the way, so enjoy this hedonistic joyride whilst it lasts.

19. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

A global acopalypse is for no-ones benefit, so I don't think there will be an all out nuclear war.

20. URI IMU Registered Senior Member

NEIL YOUNG LYRICS ... "After The Goldrush"

Well, I dreamed I saw the knights
    In armor coming,
    Saying something about a queen.
    There were peasants singing and
    Drummers drumming
    And the archer split the tree.
    There was a fanfare blowing
    To the sun
    That was floating on the breeze.
    Look at Mother Nature on the run
    In the nineteen seventies.
    Look at Mother Nature on the run
    In the nineteen seventies.

I was lying in a burned out basement
    With the full moon in my eyes.
    I was hoping for replacement
    When the sun burst thru the sky.
    There was a band playing in my head
    And I felt like getting high.
    I was thinking about what a
    Friend had said
    I was hoping it was a lie.
    Thinking about what a
    Friend had said
    I was hoping it was a lie.

Well, I dreamed I saw the silver
    Space ships flying
    In the yellow haze of the sun,
    There were children crying
    And colors flying
    All around the chosen ones.
    All in a dream, all in a dream
    The loading had begun.
    They were flying Mother Nature's
    Silver seed to a new home in the sun.
    Flying Mother Nature's
    Silver seed to a new home.

Only way to go,... all other alternatives are doomed to failure.
    A bunker is only good for immediate survival, then there will be the
    lawlessness, Global Drought then a Global Ice Age.... forget this Earth.... doomed

Good Luck.

See y'all in another place, with another face, in another time when LIFE flowers again.

21. draqon Banned Banned

were not talking here if it will happen or not. We are discussing how to survive it if it will happen. Nagasaki and Hiroshima were bombed and thats enough proof to realize that it can happen again.

22. draqon Banned Banned

After 14 weeks the radiation will dissipate to 1 Radon/s ...thats enough to go out there and start reliving the life.

23. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

forget about it ,if theres ever nukular war you will have to sit in your bunker for 10000 years or the radiation will kill you when you go outside,anyway,so why bother?
    radiation will not dissipate, it would be in the ground water and everywhere