Dr Watson's views on race seem very sensible.

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Lord Hillyer, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Now you've done it!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DeepThought Banned Banned

Stuff like this is embarrassing for our racist liberal establishment.

I love it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. maxg Registered Senior Member

But you've already told us (in another post) that psychology is not a science and there's no reason to listen to psychologists--now you want us to pay attention to tests developed by *GASP* psychologists?

As for blacks not scoring higher on any test, you're wrong--it all depends on how you select the data. In the 1918 Army test (the largest study to date) blacks in the Northeast scored higher than whites in the South--or is that just because Southern whites are genetically inferior?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DeepThought Banned Banned

We're not interested in your sycophantic little coterie of yes men who couldn't think their way out of a paper bag.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

?? Spurious' synthesis is correct, DT. What are you on about?

9. DeepThought Banned Banned

Geoff,

Black people exist and are entitled to determine their own destiny free of white interference.

African people cannot do that until Western democratic liberal ideology is dead and buried.

Spurious post is a perfect example of how subtly liberal racism works in the interests of the white world by sabotaging black peoples attempts to protect their culture from the ravages of morally vacuous Western interests intent on plundering resources.

Just look at the chaos in Africa being caused by white Western corporations and you'll understand that spurious' views are anything but harmless.

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Unfortunately the universe does not confer rights. All civilizations have a long record of "interfering" with their Neolithic neighbors and even with nearby civilizations that were less advanced. We would not be sitting here conversing in English using technology developed in Western Europe and its former colonies if the Romans had not first taken over the destiny of the Neolithic people in that region. Japan is one of the most important countries on earth, and Japan as we know it is a product of Chinese cultural--if not political--occupation. This scenario and far worse have been played out countless times. If sub-Saharan Africans are not able to escape this fate they will certainly be in good company.
    The destiny of sub-Saharan Africa has been subverted by the surrounding civilizations long before there was such a thing as a "Western democratic liberal ideology." The Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Ottomans and medieval Europeans considered it their source of resources, trinkets and slaves. The last thing they wanted was for a seventh independent civilization to arise on this planet and change the balance of power. (Well, a fifth civilization since they didn't know about the Olmec and Inca, and once they did they quickly exterminated them for the same reason.)

Give the modern West credit because at least some of us mean well. The left-liberals want to help sub-Saharan Africans transcend the tribal stage in their history and advance to the next level of civilization. Unfortunately what they really are trying to get them to do is to skip several important intervening steps like the Neolithic Era, the Bronze Age and the Iron Age, and progress directly into the Industrial Era or even the post-Industrial Era. I don't think any people has ever done that without losing their cultural identity and often their ethnic identity.

Capitalism and democracy are institutions that can only be adopted by nations. Almost all of sub-Saharan Africa is tribal cultures. The British and other colonial powers thought they could combine tribes into nations simply by drawing lines on a map (worse yet, fragments of tribes), but the world doesn't work that way.

The question for the sub-Saharan Africans is not which model of Western, Eastern or Klingon civilization to choose. The question is how to get themselves to a point where those models have any meaning in their cultures. It took thousands of years for the rest of our ancestors to reach that point--without foreigners trying to hold us back in their own selfish interests, and then at the last moment trying to help us without understanding us.

Many sub-Saharan African leaders insist that the best thing we can do for their people is to leave them alone. No aid, no advisors, no doctors, no commerce, nothing. They are probably right. Unfortunately, the world doesn't work that way either.

11. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

I think it was an excellent post. But as an american I felt I had to respond: I feel like my nation is being led by a tribe. It is not even that big a tribe. They certainly know who the members are and reward and help each other consistantly and at everybody's expense. I don't feel like it makes sense, at least as a rule, to refer to the West, or the US as if it was some kind of ideological AND power unit. (which sounds the same as the point you were making in the post, but I think it is a little different, here) I feel colonized in my own country. And this is not simply a reaction to the current administration. Some of 'we in the West' are in a similar situation as those outside the West, often with a higher standard of living, but in terms of culture, real power and influence we are similarly colonized. As much as British peasant were to French Kings and Queens in certain periods. The nobility never really left. It has simply changed forms.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Interesting, Fraggle. But don't you see ...the sub-Saharan Africans had hundreds of thousands of years to do just what you're talking about, yet they didn't make it past the Stone Age ...in all those hundreds of thousands of years. Now doesn't that point directly to a lesser intelligence? Which is exactly what this thread is all about.

Yeah, but the Africans had hundreds of thousands of years headstart on the Europeans. They should have developed far ahead of the Europeans, and should have been able to easily resist any interference from them. Yet they didn't, couldn't ....perhaps because of their lesser intelligence?

If a modern child doesn't progress along with his peers, we most often claim some "defect". When a child can't learn much beyond the most minimal levels of intelligence, we most often call them "retards". So with the sub-Sharan Africans, who haven't been able to develop much beyond the Stone Age, ...?

Baron Max

13. Carcano Valued Senior Member

The trouble with this is that northern europeans were also living in very primitive societies, until the Romans decided to 'share' their civilization with them...instead of keeping it selfishly to themselves.

Hitler and Himmler struggled with this aspect of history in their attempts to exalt the culture of their ancestors.

Himmler was convinced that eventually archaeological artifacts would be found that pointed to a higher Germanic bronze age culture.

Hitler was less convinced:

"Its bad enough that the Romans were erecting great buildings when our forefathers were still living in mud huts....now Himmler is starting to dig up these villages of mud huts and enthusing over every potsherd and stone axe he finds."

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Max, you have a habit of pretending that previous discussions never happened.

It has been pointed out in other threads (and I'm pretty sure I even mentioned it on this one) that the development of agriculture is facilitated by an east-west geographical axis and hampered by a north-south axis. Agriculture is the key technology that got us out of the Stone Age because it both permitted and required the establishment of permanent human settlements. Climate zones tend to run horizontally (duh), allowing domesticable animal species and cultivable plant species to be moved, traded and hybridized over a wide area.

Indeed all four civilizations of the Old World sprang up in places where contact with tribes and ecosystems to the east and west was aided by geography. (Sure Egypt was in Africa but by then contact with Asia Minor was routine.) It's instructive to note that civilization belatedly arose in the Americas--only two to three thousand years ago--and observe the handicaps its founders had to overcome. Only the Peruvians managed to domesticate draft animals; elsewhere the largest domesticated animal was the turkey. Grains were the staff of life for all civilizations in their early stage, and the only tractable grain in the New World is corn, which by today's standards is practically worthless nutritionally.

As for Africans having a "head start," that's debatable. After all it was Africans who walked into Asia and became our ancestors. Since it was still the cusp between the Paleolithic Era and the Mesolithic Era in 70,000BCE, it's arguable whether they had yet developed enough technology that they had to leave any of it behind to give anybody a "head start."

The situation was much different in 15,000BCE when the Paleoindians came to America. That was the very late Mesolithic Era and they certainly lost some of the sophisticated tools and knowledge that their kin had back in Asia, and really did cede a "head start" to them. Considering their handicaps it's a marvel that they managed to invent the technology of agriculture at all, much less civilization, before the Christians sailed over and obliterated it. The Olmecs, in particular, were the only people who managed to build a civilization without draft animals.

Australia is of course too small to have an axis in either direction, and its aboriginal people never invented farming or animal husbandry.

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So basically what ye're saying, Fraggle, is that you can come up with an excuse no matter what anyone points out to you concerning the backwardness of the sub-Saharan Africans, or blacks anywhere, for that matter.

The blacks have a problem with crime ...oh, use Excuse No. 43.

The blacks have a problem inventing agriculture ...oh, use Excuse No. 4,523

The blacks have a problem with poverty ...oh, use Excuse No. 368

The blacks have a problem with ..... Oh, don't worry, bro, we gots us lotsa dem dar' 'scuses, ....don't worry, bro! Dem liberal h*****s can com' up wid 'scuses fo' us'uns, like, millions, bro, ...millions o' dem dar 'scuses. We'uns ain't gotta' do nuttin'.

Baron Max

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2007
  16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Did Rome also share their civilisation with the Chinese and Japanese?

The Africans had hundreds of thousands of years to develop, and they did virtually nothing. In only a few hundred years, Europeans developed a culture and a civilization that surpassed anything that the Africans could ever hope to acheive.

Don't y'all get tired of making excuses for the backward people of the world? Don't y'all get tired of making excuses for stupid people? Don't y'all get tired of makiing so many excuses for so many people of the world?

Baron Max

17. Carcano Valued Senior Member

As did Germanic societies from 5000BC to 500AD...when they developed no writing systems, mathematics, geometry, architecture, science, coinage, engineering, etc.

18. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

No, it never comes up for me in real life, somehow.

19. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

So if you were right about the tests being fair and accurate measures, hypothetically, what possible use is knowing a small shift to the left in the bell curve? There is none. It would provide no grounds for discrimination.

20. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

I'm going to assume that the biggest factor in this discussion is the development of a society as a whole. Why African nations are underdeveloped is one of the biggest mysteries of my life. Yes, its a mystery because I know a lot of highly intelligent black Africans. Admittedly a large part of African history is laden with colonial occupation, even some of it is going on today in Darfur Sudan, but what really amazes me is how some of these people can solve the hardest calculus problems but can't facilitate basic essentials like agriculture and energy. You would think that in this day and age a society can provide food and water for its citizens, I mean, how much intelligence do you really need to engineer this? But also admittedly is the fact that black people simply don't care about each other, not all of them but some of them, time after time the best experts from Africa leave their country for developed nations and the intelligence gene pool keeps drying up. But you can't really blame this people because there are more than enough people in Africa to start taking initiatives. The number one motivation factor in doing anything is to be proud of who or what you are doing it for, either for yourself, your family, or your future. A very good example is Nigeria, where oil is abundant, the local leaders collect huge incentives from oil corporations and barely give back to the immediate society, which is what caused the hooligans of the society to rise up and start kidnapping foreign oil merchant nationals. In this same country there are sporadic fuel shortages, which is rather flabbergasting and comical because Nigeria is the 5th largest oil reserve in the world (someone should look this up). You have to wonder what the comptroller of the oil revenue is doing with the funds. This brings us to another problem, corruption and oppression. In Africa, the way things work is “money, power, and respect”. Basics rights are out the door, women and younger citizens have relatively no significance. Now, I know what you are going to say “the Arabs and the Japanese have similar structures”, but the situation is exponentially worse in many parts of Africa.

It’s a well known fact that Africa suffered many eras of oppression but Africans are still oppressing Africans today; tribes oppressing tribes, religious oppression, just the same way they sold their citizens to Western merchants as property. Basically, the African government doesn’t give a shit; I mean how else would you explain the scarcity of virtually everything but poverty and illiteracy. But why do Africans oppress their people, well the answer is very simple, because they themselves get oppressed. People usually do to others what other people do to them. You can’t tell me that the African government isn’t being bullied by other more influential governments, I won’t believe that. And you can’t tell me that Africans are equally as patronized as other races, I won’t believe that either. Saying things like "blacks are less intelligent" isn't encouraging Africans and their governments either. Every day I wake up for the past 26 years I have never read or seen anything encouraging about Africa from the media. For instance a black man assembled a plane from the ground up in the United States but instead of the media to use it as encouragement for others(oops...why would they do that) they placed it in a tiny section of a New Yok paper. Anyway, For a white man to know why Africa is underdeveloped he has to go to Africa, no other way can he get a better grasp of the picture. Still, it’s very hard to understand why a 40,000year old society can’t provide moderate food and energy. There are many mysteries to that continent but some of them are just plain stupid.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  21. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

The Jews have been persecuted at least as much as Negroids, if not much moreso, and yet they excel by any social metric you wish to name.

22. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Are all individuals equally adaptive?

Are all families?

Are all tribes?

Are all nations?

Are all races?

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Adaptive to what? Adaptive in what way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.