Don't u wish that u could stop thinking about religion?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by neal4real87, Dec 4, 2004.

1. neal4real87 Registered Member

blah. I deleted the passage that I wrote because I sounded Incredibly Stupid, and I was young :m:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

No money to be made with that type of thinking or control over people with weak minds.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Awake Just BE! Registered Senior Member

Truth is just that an abstract perception. Just "BE".

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You can think about religion without worrying about it. Living life and accepting everything that comes to us would include religious discussion wouldn't it?

It's ok to get angry with people who's views are very different- that's why I listen to AM talk shows, but it's all in good fun...at least, it should be.

9. Simonbubly Registered Member

i agree spidergoat, you cant let these things run your life, i mean you have to be able to seperate yourself from these questions from time to time, but at the same time these are fundamental questions to life.. its in our nature to ask them.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Why?

I mean if we are to be fully integrated into the continuum of life, then that necessarily includes a degree of intellectual uncertainty. This should not be so distressing that we need to separate ourselves from the questions.

The assumption is that ambiguity and abstraction are alien to a happy life. Where did this idea come from?

11. Simonbubly Registered Member

i agree that there is no seperation between us and these questions, all that i am saying is that you cant let them get to you, or let the idea of not knowing get to you. although these questions are everywhere, it is okay not to know the answers? if that makes any sense, i dont know, im at work while posting this and cant really give it my full contemplation.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

peace

12. Awake Just BE! Registered Senior Member

Contemplation of the grandiose questions of life is what makes me happy. It is what I get enjoyment from. The times when I just say "oh well! I will just ignore my natural thoughts about life", are the times where I grow stagnant and depressed. Keeping the mind and thoughts sharp and agile is what makes new thoughts and questions form

13. Guru Registered Senior Member

I think this is a very important point which needs to be discussed in the Religion forum where the Xians and the Muslims try to cut each other's throat with their sharp edge Biblical and koranic phaserz (starwars).

I think Eastern Philosophy participants are too tame for this kind of discussions...I guess after reading this thread not only the Xians and muslims would learn to view things from a different prespective(if we are lucky) it will be great to see their reaction when someone talks about bigger picture than their 2000 + old religious myths and illogical philosophy.

Good post ... but also you need to understand that Religion is the most successful business tool in the world where people shell out money and time to get nothing in return ..the people not cashing in are already rich or dumb as 95% of the people in this world.

14. AngelOfDisease Registered Member

As long as you understand that their is a God of some sort and realise you do control your ultimate destiny by the choices you make today, but can only go so far as to choose which prebeaten path you're sent down, then you can go along life pretty much with a purpose and little worry as to what lies ahead of you. As long as you realise the idea that your cause will effect you at some point. If you can live with that, you can live by the will of God.

15. Yazdajerd Behold... The Bringer of Light Registered Senior Member

Originally posted by neal4real87

"Don't you think sometimes that lifeee is waayyy to short to worry about which relgion is better than another, and What is the truth?"

Well, if you consider that all religions are just myths than you're right, it would all be just non-sense.......... but think that maybe one of these religions is right, and you would lose alot if you didn't follow it, if not to say wait other life cycles to get to your nirvana, or maybe just burn in hell!!

Then would you waist your life span to search for an answer or not??

After all who wouldn't like to know where he came from, going, and what he really is........ that is what religion is about!!

16. dan74 Registered Senior Member

This is a really common idea, and I wonder what if the truth is right here, but we've lost the skill to see it? We search and search, read tonnes of books and Life is passing us by, and God/Spirit/Universe is waving to us and waiting for us to come into her embrace, but we are too busy with our thoughts.

There is a story from the Jewish commentaries on the Bible (the Talmud) of one rabbi being asked why nobody really hears or sees God anymore. And he replies that God keeps calling us, but nobody bends down low enough to hear. (this may be a huge paraphrase, correct me, if somebody knows better).

And there's another story from the Sufis (muslim mystics), about this fellow Nasruddin crouching on all fours under a street lamp and looking for something. His friends come by and ask him: "What are you looking for?". "I lost my house keys", he says. So they start looking with him and look and look and find nothing. Finally one of them asks: "Are you sure you lost them here?". And Nasruddin replies, "No, actually I lost them somewhere in the house". "So why were you looking here??", the friend asks exasperated. "Because there's better light here," says Nasruddin.

17. Anomalous Banned Banned

They did and now the fight is about whoes ancestors were right.

18. Anomalous Banned Banned

A Very important point, Thanks , U gave me a nice weapon to destroy religions, Answer those questions and people may rise above religion.

19. Silent Serenity This Is Not Hollywood Registered Senior Member

Even if someone did answer those questions somehow, you wouldn't believe them.

I think faith is important, but that is just my opinion. I couldn't live without God in my life.

20. Anomalous Banned Banned

The Faith , thats is what one has to win.

21. Guru Registered Senior Member

Why is faith in God important...why not leave the unexplained as a constant which will not change for anyone in this world ..and concentrate on making this place a living heaven ...rather than waiting for one after death...

Why do you say you cannot live without God ..you are living without God right now ..if you would like to create a mental dependence on your imaginary friend then do so ..but they have pills for that behavior

Faith is alright till it does not force others to change their religion or way of living ...does not force any laws ...FAITH SHOULD NOT HAVE RULES ..like going to the church or keeping a beard not sleeping with the same sex ..praying 5 times ..killing non believers ...converting others to your religion ...paying money to church ..or forcing your kids to attend church / mosque / temple ..etc...

22. Yazdajerd Behold... The Bringer of Light Registered Senior Member

Originally posted by Guru
    "does not force any laws ...FAITH SHOULD NOT HAVE RULES"

An old Arabic saying goes: ((a land without a ruler is the worst of lands, a community without a law is the worst of communities))....... lets just imagine a world with no laws............ we would be living in a JUNGLE!!

So, if a country can't exist without laws how do you expect religion, which is usually greater in numbers than a country and deals with everyday life and the "supposed after life", have no rules or laws?? :bugeye:

23. Guru Registered Senior Member

With all due respect to Arabic culture ..."sayings" are a plenty to justify anything in this world and they mean no shit...

Country and religion are oranges and apples...

Think about religion this way ...it is yours to believe and follow set guidelines ...just like you play in stock market ..your strategies and the other thousands of players' strategies are similar not the same ...but the main goal is to make wealth ..why should you or anyone tell me hey ! do not invest in Halliburton ...keep your rules and guidlines to yourself ...when thinking religion look into your own conscience and not in other person ..I am glad you believe in after life ..I believe that man has been in the universe for a fraction of a time since the big bang it is good to think about God ..but why be so myopic to think of set rules to reach God ...and those rules which were created by Man to make people slaves...