Dogs and chickenbones

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Syzygys, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Yes no raisins for dogs. I forgot why and I am too lazy to google it, but you shouldn't give them. Also no chocolate...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

This is documented on Snopes: http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/raisins.asp

But this dog ate a lot of 'em!

Chocolate is indeed toxic to dogs, although not all dogs react as strongly. Most dogs who eat just a little chocolate don't require medical care. But some do, and a small number have died from it.

It's also toxic to cats. But that's not a big problem since cats lack the taste receptor for sweetness--poor dears! Therefore they're very unlikely to be interested in it unless they're starving. This is apparently true across the entire Felidae family, from tigers to lynxes.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RichW9090 Evolutionist Registered Senior Member

Interesting. I didn't know possums had feathers.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ricardonest Registered Senior Member

Pretty interesting. I actually learned something. It's not like I was ever go to feed my dog a chicken bone, but I got some good takeaways in this thread. Thanks.

8. X-Man2 We're under no illusions. Registered Senior Member

Bones you say,ok what about fish bones? I have seen some dogs eat whole fish or fish pieces.

Should fish be fed to dogs and in what fashion?

Thanks!

9. arauca Banned Banned

Two days ago my dog devoured and aluminum tray into pieces from 1/2 inch on I looked if he had a cut in his mouth I did not see any Y checked the stool fir blood I did not find any ( lucky ) and the pouch seems fine.