Dog Fighting Culture

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Willy, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

yeah who is he??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xev Registered Senior Member

A rather talented American football player, he ran (well, supposedly) a dogfighting ring - horribly barbaric stuff.
    Apparently he's Black, and this just proves that the Negroes will never achieve a level of civilization comparable to the White Man's.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

He is the quarterback of the Atlanta Falcons NFL (American football) team.
    The contract he just signed with them consists of a 10 year 130 million dollar deal, which makes him the highest paid player in NFL history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Vick

While he's a quarterback, he has the quickness and shiftiness of a running back or wide receiver.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Are you joking?

Because I can cite SEVERAL upstanding black football players that epitomize a level of civilization comparable to any upstanding citizen; white, black, Asian or otherwise.

8. Xev Registered Senior Member

That's right. There's no way I was being sarcastic there!
    Is this your, um, prided-upon masculine intelligence at work here, Einstien?

9. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Just checking. Simmer down toots. You can never be too careful, especially w/o being able to hear voice inflection and read facial expressions.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

mikenostic:
    Let me guess: you're one of those people who got confused in high school English and thought that Jonathan Swift really wanted the Irish to start eating their kids.
    (I'll give you some time to google Mr. Swift -- and no, not the guy who plays for the Bills)

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat - Closure

Mod Hat - Closure

A few notes at the outset:

(1) Xev ... as I scrolled through the topic and came to your DIY post, the obvious irrelevance occurred to me, but I thought I saw your point. That presumption was contradicted by your explanation, but this isn't exactly a problem. More on that in a moment.

(2) General consideration ... in my capacity as a poster and member of this community, I was impressed that, for once, Willy was posting in a manner that did not presume the inherent corruption of blacks. Did nobody else notice this?

(3) Willy ... Picking up on the point I left off in #1 above, it is the long-preferred--and formerly required--method that one should include some personal commentary with article citations. Furthermore, it is helpful if the citation is offset with either quote or indent tags. Some sort of citation reference (which you did provide) is required, and a link (which you did provide) is helpful. More on that in a moment.​

This topic is closed because it has descended into the quagmire.

This closure does not preclude a new posting of the article and topic. As explained in note #3 above, some useful contextual commentary from the topic-posting member is greatly appreciated, which phrase may in this occasion be read to mean, "demanded by the moderator for future posting of the topic".

Quite obviously, that contextual commentary will help eliminate presumptions of trolling or hatred, unless, of course, it affirms them.

Again, I must stress that, even when we think we know what someone is up to, the material they're posting is still important in determining our response. Given that the topic poster bucked his own trend and posted an article that examines different issues than his usual assertions, and while recognizing that said examination still allows possible retreats into propaganda, we must allow people to make their own mistakes. There is always a chance that they will avoid that mistake, and thus the community avoid yet another showdown over racism.

Progress, then, is what presumption strangles. Give it a chance, please, to breathe in open air. And if one perceives progress under threat, protect it instead of smothering it.

I don't think any of this is too complicated for people to figure out. Thank you for your consideration of these matters.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.