Does time exist?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by hansda, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

funny, grow up.
    do not be petty.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mathers2013 Banned Banned

TIME is the singular of TIMES. If we consider a graph which plots time(s) across the x-axis, and another phenomenon up the y-axis, you will find that time will always equal one (because it is simply the singular!)

time(s)

If you want to equal times you have to be able to remember the number of times you have done it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hansda Valued Senior Member

I dont think if "time" and "times" can be related. Unit of "time" is second whereas unit of "times" is only a number(or it is unit-less). So, "time" and "times" cannot be related. "Times" exist but "time" may not exist.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. rr6 Banned Banned

Sensorial Time

Ask me again later

We see and detect occupied space existence. We presume/assume and non-occupied space existence

Intervals of space between points-of-view( v ) define a wave of oscillating viewpoints ex. VVV www or perhaps ZZZ.

Metaphysical wave pattern complements many different dynamically physical/energy phenomena ex water-wave, sand-wave, EMRadiation-wave. electron-wave, people-wave at a sporting event,etc....:wave:

Lag rates of cognition involves time?

r6

8. Mathers2013 Banned Banned

I have written a computer program which counts as high as it can in a second:

Code:

a$=time()

b$=time()

c=0

while (b$=a$)

b$=time()

c=c+1

wend

This code can be reproduced on a scale with time(s) (1,2,3...) as follows:

Code:

3--x
    2--^
    1x0^

I have yet to discover the formula for such an equation but I have made significant progress. Once the formula has been discovered time (x) can begin from 1 (because it will be the first time I am operating on such a formula) and so on...so long as I remember which time(s) I have used.

The equation fundamentally counts to time(s), and then to zero followed by time(s) again, and so on...

I have tweaked the above computer program to yield hertage (by using hh,mm and ss (hours, minutes and seconds) to provide a more accurate result.) The hertage program looks just like the above graph...

9. CHRIS.Q Registered Senior Member

Are you sure? They just do not answer certain questions, as there is no science in here ............

10. wellwisher Banned Banned

Time and space are mental constructs which help us to explain and predict the relationships between tangible substance. Picture the windshield display of a modern fighter jet, where all the instruments readings and positional grids are superimposed on the windshield. Time and space is analogous to the projection on the windshield.

If you were a new pilot, you would notice this as distinct when you first begin. But as you use it more and more and get used to it, it will eventually merge in your mind and become one with reality. The brain will do this integration, using the right side of the brain, to help make the combination more functional.

If you drove a nice sports car, over time, you will start to feel one with the car. It becomes an extension of you. The right brain will make that synthesis, with the integration and "feeling" of oneness both from the right brain. Space-time has become one with hard reality, in the same way. People can't tell where the car (space-time) ends and tangible reality begins.

This feeling of oneness is necessary for the math, since the grid system of space-time is needed for the math structure. But conceptually, we can't save time in a bottle. We can only contain things that are tangible such as charge, mass, energy, etc.

The mind is the most important tool of science, but there are no calibration requirements. There is a tendency to let the math cart lead the horse and avoid separating the windshield display so the horse can lead. Sometimes the pilot has to shut off the instruments and wing it by eye. This is easier for the old pilots since they can remember when there was only a windshield and only reality. The young bucks have no history without the display and will resist losing it.

11. MeNotYou Registered Member

This is funny. I was actually thinking about the same thing about five minutes ago.

I think 'time' is a poor name. Einstein should have called the 4th dimension 'motion'. Time is a unit for measuring motion in space.
    Calling the 4th dimension 'time' is like calling space 'meter'. It's just confusing.

12. MeNotYou Registered Member

What about a sun dial? That's pretty passive.

13. MeNotYou Registered Member

Ok. My last post wasn't thought out. Time isn't a unit. It was almost clever though.

I don't think time is any different than the other three spacial dimensions. The difference is in how it is perceived.

In Carl Sagans' famous flatworld thought experiment, you have creatures living in a universe with three dimensions (two space and one 'time').
    How would we perceive the flat-world universe? As a three dimensional spacial object? I think one mans time is another mans space.

14. hansda Valued Senior Member

"Five minutes" is an interval of "time".

Einstein explained "time" in terms of a "moving clock".

"Time" is not a unit for measuring motion in space. The way "space" is not a unit for measuring space. It is the "interval of space" or "interval of time" with which we measure the respective parameters "space" or "time".

If you follow "interval of time" or "interval of space", it becomes easier. A 'meter' is an interval of space.

15. MeNotYou Registered Member

Yeah. I caught my misspeak after I hit post.

Forget that whole post.

16. rr6 Banned Banned

Duality of Time comes in 3's?

Like so many other words-- if not all words ---there exists two fundamental classifications.

Metaphysical i.e. an abstract concept of mind/intelligence.

Physical/energy i.e. dynamic motion and frequency.

Time is no different in this respect i.e. there is the physical and metaphysical aspects of time.

We know what a non-occupied space is because we see a space between two cars, two houses etc.....of course we know this space is filled with air-molecules, EMRadiation etc.....so it is not a true non-occupied space, only seemingly so, because of our limited visual abilities with the eyeball.

1) Interval = V i.e. a seeming open space interval associated with a conceptual if not physical point( crossing ) within time

2) Interval = O i.e. a seeming enclosed space interval of many conceptual if not physical points within or surrounding a time space/interval

3) Interval = Z i.e. two seeming space intervals connecting two seemingl planes/membranes or lines of relationship as two conceptual, if not physical points-of-time.

So it appears to me, that we as few as three types-- if not more -- aspsects of time based on the above three graphic examples.

17. rr6 Banned Banned

Illusions List

Time = frequency between events and the events.

If time does not exist i.e. if time is only and illusion, it is surely one of the great illusions, that, we can add to our list;

Truly Great Illusions:

Time/frequency/physical/energy

Free Will

Random Chaos

Infinite Occupied Space( Universe )

Finite Occupied Space( Universe ) Eternally Subdividing Itself

r6

18. river

Time exists as a measure of things movement in space , macro , atomic and subatomic and sub-quantum

The atomic clock is an example

Or the speed of a GT-500, top speed

But to the objects in the Universe , such as galaxies , suns , planets etc. , time doesn't matter

What matters to these objects is the energy that causes the motion , which is really what is all about

19. rr6 Banned Banned

Spacetime Interval

Arrow-of-time aka times arrow:

> > > past )( future > > >

..fading past)(dawning future.....

...* * * * * * * *.....

Space:

Non-occupied ex

Occupied Space ex VVVVVVVVVVV

Interval:

VVVVVVVVVV

Illusion:

2D ex | or /\

3D ex /Y\

Entropy:

dispersion/decay/dissasociation/disintegrate
    ...< OUT >...

Syntropy:

integrate/associate/growth
    ...>IN<.....

O | O

...3D left---2D middle--right 3D...

Cleavage may equal another type of interval.. I dunno.

r6

20. river

Irrelevant to the discussion

21. rr6 Banned Banned

Lag Rates of Cognitiion...( Fuller )

Yes, metaphysical and physical time both exist.

OOOOOOO

VVVVVVV

Interval and lag rates of cOgNiTi0n.

r6

22. kx000 Valued Senior Member

As long as we are here there will be a concept of time. Time is according to the cosmos.

23. rr6 Banned Banned

Except those we who are in a coma.

You and I will be leaving and there is no telling who the "we" will be when we're gone.

r6

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.