Does the US sell nuclear bombs?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by fedr808, Apr 15, 2011.

1. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

I've seen that a lot on cross-country road trips. The most obvious example was on a drive through Arizona - straight, flat road for hundreds of miles, so we had our car on cruise control the whole time. Which is to say that I am sure we were driving at a constant speed. This other car would pass us at high speed and zoom off into the distance, but then about 10 minutes later we'd pass him and leave him behind. This happened over and over again for like 5 hours on end. What we couldn't figure was if he was doing it on purpose as a way of taking turns playing "cop-catcher," or if that was just his driving style, or if he was just bipolar or what.

The more annoying one around where I live now are the people who exhibit some overriding need to stay in front of you even though they do not want to drive faster than you are going. What's the point of cultivating a huge column of angry drivers tailgating you?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Who do you think you're fooling?

The only person you're going to end up trolling with this cheap crap is yourself.

And since nobody here has said anything incompatible with that - because such isn't at issue in this thread - and you phrase it as a dismissive response to some (unspecified) contrary assertion, it is obviously a troll. Own it.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

I don't see the big difference in selling nukes and helping build them. That's all.
    I don't understand why you are always making these weird accusations against me.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

As i reread the OP, I saw that my post was indeed a bit off topic. So you can ignore it at will. Sorry for any inconvenience.

8. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

l would not be surprised if we passed them tips and pointers...or they managed to steal plans:
    http://articles.latimes.com/2004/sep/03/nation/na-spyprobe3

But as far as I know, we don't sell nukes. As a matter of fact we have to pay a fair amount to have them disassembled:

www.mmmfiles.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=29 taking apart the bomb

(If that second link's screwed up, let me know...dang work filter...)

9. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Didn't the US, or a company in the US, sell reactor material and tech to North Korea?

10. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

In fact we sort of had a hand in it, but not the kind of reactors they need.
    The power plants were actually made by a big European firm based in Zurich, however...
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/may/09/nuclear.northkorea

They make plutonium, but it has to be refined way, way further before it's weapons-grade.