Does God get a fail in the love category?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Does God get a fail in the love category?

All will agree that in loving someone, that love must be shown in works, deeds and actions. This allows for reciprocity which is what makes what would be a one way corrupted love a true two way love.

Believers see God as the greatest lover of mankind yet he does no works or deeds to show us that he loves us.

Love, like faith, without works and deeds is dead. That’s scripture. Love, to be true love, must be shown by works, deeds and actions. The fact that God does not show his love by works, deeds and actions at a personal or collective level means that God does not love us. Some are going to point to the notion that God created them but remember that that is not a provable claim so please do not offer it. Remember that way too high of a percentage of us are born with defects.

Do you believe that God loves us?

Why or why not?

------------------------------

God is also said to love us unconditionally. Yet if we do not love, honor, obey and believe in him, we are condemned and punished. Those are all conditions we must meet to get his love returned to us.

Does God love us unconditionally?

------------------------------

Love and morals developed to enhance interaction and living within groups of people and perhaps other entities.
    God was alone and did not need to develop morals and could not love anyone because he was alone for untold millennia.

Is God even able to love?

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Why are you attacking God in every thread?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Greater;

Out of all your threads, I like this one best.

Can you and I and anyone really fathom God? We can not fathom something having no beginning and no end. We can't define God. The bible tries to define him, to limit him. But, God is a mystery. The universe is a mystery. To an extent, human beings are a mystery.

Why does man try to limit him or define him?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

because we would be caveman and cavewomen if we didnt try to define things we do not understand.

8. Mazulu Banned Banned

I think that God, and/or whatever powers there may be, are hesitant to interfere with human activity. When they do make themselves known, human beings distort whatever communications, words, symbols of power, and wreak havoc. The swastika was a powerful Sanskrit, before it was hijacked and distorted by the Nazis to commit great acts of evil. The same can be said for teachings of Christ, but the power of the cross was abused and used to wage war and enslave the human mind.

9. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Maybe we are not meant to understand everything, no?

10. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

well that's what Neanderthals would have said, but they are dead now. Asleep in their mis-understanding.

11. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

@Greatest I am

.........should probably be...@Greatest PEBCAK I am

Greatest I Am, nearly all true feelings and emotions are "shown in works, deeds and actions."
    Hence the phrase - "True Colors".

For example, when youreyes, asked in Post #2 : "Why are you attacking God in every thread?"
    Could it possibly be due to what "Greatest I Am's works, deeds and actions" on SciForums have "shown"?

Greatest I Am, the True Colors that you have "shown in works, deeds and actions", by your Posts on SciForums, is that a serious Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard that is used to type puerile, inane drivel into your computer.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  12. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

I will have you know I have evolved to at least the Philistine stage!

14. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Is asking a question or two an automatic attack?

When I do attack the bible God, I do so because he is a genocidal son murdering prick.

Regards
    DL

15. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Made me blush. Thanks.

People speak for God for power and money.

Regards
    DL

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

The religions have done more than define. Ask women and gays. Religions used God to define then as inferior and unequal to males for 2,000 years+.

Regards
    DL

17. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

No argument on most of this.

Believers will not see any hesitation with our activities as God kills us all over the O T.

Regards
    DL

18. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Last I heard from those who test DNA, we absorbed homo-sapiens absorbed them and we carry some of their DNA.

His comment was a strange leak though.

Regards
    DL

19. TheApostleMike Registered Member

I do agree with the Love without works is dead, I like it how you threw that out there. God in fact has shown His love for you and I before we had even had knowledge of the word Love. For God so loved the world (you and I ) that He gave His son to death just so we could live. So God gave and showed His works even before we were able to fully receive. God has given us every kind of fruit tree, herbs, and meat so we could enjoy His creation along with our soul mates. God has given something to us first, His works. The bible says that God spoke, He created, He formed, and He gave. As far as the birth defects, Human error our government has been defecting our food source as well as the pharmaceutical industry. Man tries to play God and the results are highly costly !

20. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Where did you come from? You sound like you are the result of some sort of time warp. 12th Century England maybe?

21. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Who gave us Smallpox?

22. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Well that teaches you for sleeping around?

Evolution created the small pox virus. Human intellect found a way to overcome it. The inspiration comes from God. Does that sound right?

23. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

I like the way jordan maxwell puts it, in that god is just. Maybe not what you think just is, but from what nature is. Do not claim you can speak for god or nature, as humans only have a limited brain and mind to see the total reality.

There really is a right way, and a wrong way.

I like the way jordan puts it, and its beyond all religions that mankind can materialise from there minds.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013