Does God care about atheists

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Xelasnave.1947, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I dont know the set up must look into it.
    Alex

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I had a look at the ATOs approach but it did not mention council rates..in retrospect obviously cause rates would come under the local government act...
    But lookinh at the ATO rules I think you wiuld need at least a small group of folk doing no profit work on a religious base...there is hope for us to organise a business but I am not that interested, but then apart from astro photos little interests me certainly stsrting a tax free business is not on my list.
    You know how the government has a view to pass more social security matters to the churches ..I now get it they are just trying to get something from the tax they dont receive...I thought it was terrible policy but it seems it may be getting something for the benefit the churches receive...who knows.
    Alex

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

So from the millions Scientology gets, how many thousand soup kitchens do you think they operate?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I dont know but let me guess not a single one.

What a scam.

Alex

8. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

From Wiki....
    Scientology beliefs revolve around the immortal soul, the thetan.[124][127][158]Scientology teaches that the thetan is the true identity of a person – an intrinsically good, omniscient, non-material core capable of unlimited creativity.[124][127]

Hubbard taught that thetans brought the material universe into being largely for their own pleasure.[127] The universe has no independent reality, but derives its apparent reality from the fact that thetans agree it exists.[124] Thetans fell from grace when they began to identify with their creation rather than their original state of spiritual purity.[127]Eventually they lost their memory of their true nature, along with the associated spiritual and creative powers. As a result, thetans came to think of themselves as nothing but embodied beings.[124][129]

Thetans are reborn time and time again in new bodies through a process called "assumption" which is analogous to reincarnation.[127] Scientology posits a causal relationship between the experiences of earlier incarnations and one's present life, and with each rebirth, the effects of the MEST universe (MEST here stands for matter, energy, space, and time) on the thetan become stronger.[127]

Alex

9. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

So are scientologists atheists???
    Alex

10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I don't have to hold a perception. It is what it is. Rather than gloss over it, you should look into it. Or alternatively hold on to your house of cards position. No doubt for comfort.

I'm claiming that the "I" and the body aren't the same. Unless you can contradict it, you have to accept it. Denial is the other option.

Alex, you can think what you like, but it is at least polite to address the questions and point put forth to you. Not be so wrapped up in what you think my aim is, that you spend the whole time discussing with your strawman.

That's because you have no idea, and cannot convince anyone, even yourself.
    You're in denial Alex, and I don't mean the river.

Of course I have. Why do you think I wouldn't have? But I don't see anything in there that would either make convinced, or unconvinced of the concept of the soul. How does it determine that the soul is a made up concept?

Jan.

11. Bells Staff Member

Mod Note

One infraction issued, one post deleted and one post edited to remove offensive and slanderous content. Let's try and keep it civil.

12. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

A movement filled with atheists.
    I guess you want a world where God is denied, or forgotten by everyone.
    I think it will get like that, but I doubt it will be like the fantasy you have in your head.

Okay.

I doubt that.

Why were they helpful?

Jan.

13. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

It's truly amazing how high you can pile Cowpat and get people to pay you for the privilege of explaining how the Cowpat enriches not just this life but the other place where you go after you you die

Where they give you a home where the Cowpat is loam
    Where the suckers all worship and pay
    Where seldom is heard, because it's absurd
    Stand by because god's on his way

Amazing what late night coffee can do

14. birch Valued Senior Member

what's the discrepancy of beliefs like this is as a way to 'unite' people still remains superficial because it's not always about what you believe but what you are.

it's like any party. whatever makes up the majority of it is what it is. from my experience with scientologists in general were that they were shallow/superficial, egotistical, inhumane, and are not insightful because they don't think for themselves so cultish.

personally, what i saw was average people who had a superiority complex through this membership like costco or amway.

lmfao!

15. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

It's actually hard for me to make a meaningful apology to, Jan, since I don't know Jan well to warrant my slanderous remarks. What I can say is that I really, really, really don't like, Roy Moore. I also have an inability of separating politics from religion and my discontentment can easily be misplaced. I was wrong in the words I used and hope that they weren't taken too personally. They only way my words could have been fitting is if I were actually conversing with, Roy Moore.

I'm sorry.

16. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

It is an opinion and furthermore unsupported.
    At least a house of cards has a stronger link to reality than the notion that there is anything in reality that is what you call a soul.
    I dont have to accept any made up notion more so as there is absolutely no evidence of this made up soul.
    What point do you think I have not addressed?
    I said that I had no idea how to convince you so we agree that I said such.
    That was my interpretation.
    Did you read the lake bit.. there is your clue.
    I have not told anyone about the fantasy that I dont have.
    Enlightenment is now within your reach.
    Yes sadly history suggests intolerance will always be with us but if they come to get you call me.
    You helped me realise that you believe in the concept of a soul.
    And the bit about a soul being in a body as opposed to floating around like a ghost.. Which was what I thought folk thought how a soul carried on...
    Alex

17. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I see what you mean.
    Like members in a bike gang.
    Many humans need to belong... Think sports fans.
    Alex

18. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Many think you should never say sorry but I think it is a wonderful thing to be able to do.
    You have my sincere respect.
    Not all men are like Moore.. A real man does not have to be a scum bag.
    I would execute scum bags on the spot they deserve more than just being exposed.
    Their egos wont allow them to admit they are wrong or even say sorry.
    Cull them.
    Alex

19. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

A little joy.
    A mate rang me earlier today and told how he gave another bloke we know a real proper flogging because he caught him hitting his wife. Beat him to a stand still, my mate suffered a gash to the head but nothing serious. This guy is such a scum bag.
    I was talking to his wife one night at the club and he butted in carrying on like a pork chop.
    I was disgusted the way he talked to her so when my mate called and told me he gave him a flogging I was happy. The dog should be shot, maybe next time.
    Alex

20. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately for you, it's not.
    You attest to it by claiming ownership.
    When someone claims that something is ''mine'', it means they are separate from that which they claim. By default.

I didn't say anything about it being a soul.
    You have to accept, on the above basis, that you are separate to anything you regard as ''mine''.
    Unless you can explain to the contrary.

Nothing. You're avoiding everything by playing games.

Because you have no idea. You're simply defending your amnesia.

Read above.

But you tell everyone about the fantasy you do hold in your head.
    No need to state the obvious.

No thanks.

jan.

21. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Your hollow protests are cute but you still have yet to show you have anything to offer that is fact and not mere unsubstantiated opinion.
    Sure I do, but if you had anything more than that odd observation your case still would have no substance.
    True now where did I put my heart, oh I left it in the wash, silly me.
    De fault is with your odd observation.
    On a serious note do you like your current body given its brain is not functioning properly and holding you away from enlightenment.
    Thats great because I thought that was what you were about to suggest.
    All you are saying is "I" is separate from your body I think I get it ... so "I" is not your soul but "I" owns your body.
    Is that your your unsupported opinion.
    So armed with this knowledge what should we conclude.
    Jan in an effort to move the discussion along could you explain the significance of your opinion and how it fits into your world view.
    Well I cant do that anymore than can I explain why the easter bunny does not exist.
    You may be right so I will stop playing games and focus on your opinion as you express it.
    Please go ahead and expand on what you have provided so far.
    Yes thats what I said.
    Yes of course I am...but dont forget that I said that I have no idea...write it down in case you forget.
    So you did not read the lake bit? That means you havent got a clue..at least the one I offerred.
    Oh you mean my fantasy about how good it would be if God really did exist and suffering eliminated.
    I know its fantasy but unfortunately many believe that my fantasy is reality.
    You are welcome.

Alex

22. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Firstly. What protests?
    Secondly: Do you deny that anything that is regarded as "mine", is separate to the claimant?

Erm! What are you talking about?

You didnt put your heart anywhere. It's a part of your body. Did you say "my" heart?

My: belonging to or associated with the speaker.

Do you get my drift?

Show where my observation is "odd"?

Don't need to.
    Don't want to.

Personally, I think that's enough. You can't not accept that "I" and "mine" are separate. My work is done.

No.

Of course you can't contradict what I'm saying, because you know it's true. I know that you know it's true, and no amount of denial can change that.
    Anything else you need to know about the soul, will be revealed to you in the course of time, now that you have been exposed to a real truth.

Already done it.

Jan.

23. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Why did you make those remarks in the first place?

As far as I know, I've never said anything bad, or nasty about you.

It's not nice to make false accusations, but it is wrong to make such serious accusations on a public forum.

Do you see that?

You don't need to know me to appologize for that.

There's no need for us to be nasty to each other, because we don't agree, or like each others worldview.

Jan.