Does extra oil REALLY cause pimples?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Naturelles, Feb 24, 2009.

1. behappyalways343 Registered Member

Yes it is fact eating so much oily food be the reason of pimples on face.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

It does get digested, and it can contribute to acne. "Digestion" does not reduce foods to their underlying atoms, to be reassembled back into whatever the body needs. Many complex molecules - amino acids, fatty acids, carbohydrates, sugars - remain intact as they pass through the intestinal wall. After eating a lot of ice cream, for example, you can see the difference in a blood sample; the fat separates out pretty easily and is a significant fraction of blood volume.

However, fats/oils alone do not mean automatic acne. Your body normally secretes oils through your skin and these oils are both normal and important for skin health. When the pores become inflamed and blocked you get acne. This can be caused by bacteria or by inflammation within the body. Wide swings in blood sugar (with the consequent swings in insulin levels) can cause inflammation, as can too many of the wrong sorts of oils (omega-6 rather than omega-3 oils.)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Joaquin Sleuth Registered Senior Member

Yes, and many other things can cause pimples, too.

I put castor oil on my goatee to see if it would speed up the growth but i perhaps put too much on causing a buildup on the skin. I then noticed a small spot around the area.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. deepslate Registered Member

Hi, I also thought before that oil causes pimples but according to skin experts , there are many underlying factors that causes skin breakouts. You may search it also to find out the reasons behind it.