Does Ben the Man go against his own words?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Starman, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

And I quote.

"Any and all serious suggestions will be considered, and all constructive criticism is appreciated, especially those who take exception to my moderation."

With all due respect, your censorship is kind of web Hitler.

Kill all who have new ideas or views.

You could at least have the decency to allow some interaction before you just throw things out.

I feel you are this power hungry guy who just loves to convince everyone how you are all knowing and everyone else is wrong if their views differ from yours.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Shut up.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

Starman, Ben...has a phd in physics, he is so high in the stars about this achievement that he sees all others who are struggling to understand physics as...miniscule creatures that are to be outraceously banned from the face of the Sciforums existance.

Its like a king who has achieved the power through killing all the rulers before him and now since he is in power, he slaughters the men who dare rise in his steps.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

Thanks Dragon it is nice to know I am not alone.

It is problematical when people cannot express their vision free from fear of being made a joke of.

I fear this part of science is as counterproductive as religion.

8. draqon Banned Banned

well Starman now that you and I have expressed our feelings...await for some inquisition from behalf of BenTheMan and his crew...

unexpected bans...erased posts and threads...

9. EntropyAlwaysWins TANSTAAFL. Registered Senior Member

Starman,

It's not what you are saying that may be considered objectionable but how you go about saying it, e.g.,

This is a rather odd opening statement to make, would it not be better to say what you think is wrong with it and why this leads you to such a conclusion, as opposed to what you said which was basically:
    You are all wrong, because I said so.

10. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

I think it's safe to say the Hitler card has lost all cogency.

11. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

The statement was justified when I stated that the math Einstein used in his theory of relativity was to Einstein, not adding up. This was for a reason and yet we have proven accepted mathematical models of the universe that are most likely incorrect.

I am not a mathematician yet I know the accepted theory of a gravitational universe is not making any sense. When we look at the elements of the strings of super clusters they do not represent anything that gravity would be responsible for. They do resemble the nature of plasma in a charged state.
    This is so important to the laws of physics and I am only now hearing about it.
    Have you watched the video?
    Is it possible that there is a movement against this hypothesis?

12. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

--> open government.

13. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

With all due respect

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Of course...

You know, if it were someone who I respected complaining about my moderation, then perhaps I'd consider it valid criticism, however...

14. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Wow... That was...poetic.

I haven't finished my Ph.D. quite yet.

And, draqon dear, I would suggest you read Starman's posts before defending them. He is not "trying to understand physics", he is trying to spread ignorance.

15. rpenner Fully Wired Valued Senior Member

Unsupported historical comparison. Godwin's Law is supposed to be used as an end game of the incompetent, not an opening move.
    An impractical suggestion. No matter what Ben's motive might be to kill you, he lacks means and opportunity. With regard to new ideas, "Einstein is wrong" is not a new idea. Due to the progressive nature of science, and the nature of this "Physics & Math" forum, new evidence and a well-written and supported thesis are required to support that old and discarded idea. With regard to your views, Ben's attitude towards your views has not been well tested because you phrased your views as polemics. Next time, ask questions like "Why does everyone say that time dilation is real, when I feel it is mysterious and unlikely?"
    That's not his stated goal as moderator. In this, he has the apparent support of James R, who thinks that wasting the time of PhDs is an offense that deserves banning. So, for your own sake you need to put the effort in at the beginning to demonstrate that you are not wasting everyone's time. Do some research. Read a book. If you are using logic, state your premises. Write a clear thesis statement and then support it with logic or evidence.
    Then killing you would serve no purpose. If Ben is power hungry, he ought to be killing people with actual power. But in fact, he's killed no one and not asserted that he is all knowing -- just that he knows more about physics than you. This is another example of a poorly supported statement.
    In what field of physics?
    You should see his face when he gets tenure.

On what do you base your implication that Starman wished to learn physics?
    Ph.D.'s aren't obtained through these means. Killing your advisor or review panel is not recommended. Same applied to tenure boards.
    ... in making unsupported accusations of murder?
    In Hyde Park, one may indeed express their vision -- but must suffer other people's freedom to laugh at them.
    We are still waiting for you to introduce logic and evidence, the foundations of science, into the discussion. I know science. Science is a good friend of mine. And you know nothing of the workings of Science.
    This charge stands alone. Please support it or kill it now. Are you speaking about Special or General Relativity?
    Most likely incorrect? Then you must have evidence and calculation or are making unsupportable claims. Since you present no evidence and no calculation, your unsupported claim is not a claim of science.
    Practicing Cosmologists with detailed calculations, in hundreds of papers, say you are wrong.
    http://www.aip.de/People/VMueller/Script/lss7.pdf
    http://www.aip.de/groups/cosmology/lss.html
    http://www.mpa-garching.mpg.de/galform/millennium/
    It has nothing to do with the laws of physics. Electromagnetism is already well-known and well described and does not account for large scale structure of the universe. This is because electromagnetic charges come in two types which cancel out long-range effects.
    Since the video is unlikely to support your charges that BenTheMan is a mass-killing egomaniacal Hitler-wannabe, no. Since you have not demonstrated superior physics knowledge from watching the video, no.
    If I wanted a video that taught physics or the laws of electromagnetism, I would go here: http://www.learner.org/resources/series42.html
    No. Practicing physicists rarely afflict each other with bad ideas from a web site, so my rejection of it arises from my independent review and evaluation.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  16. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Have another cup of coffee rpenner :runaway:

I like that smiley

17. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Rpenner should be the next about the members person...

18. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

hmmm...after reading rpenner's response, just one word comes to mind...

19. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Yes, Ben, you were pwned by Rpenner's response. It is good to see you admit it.

Would you and James please try to act with more maturity than an average six year old?