Does being under supernatural control exonerate Eve of any sin?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Eve was unjustly punished because she was under supernatural control in a set of circumstances that God himself set up by putting Satan in Eden.

God put Satan in Eden to insure that Eve ate and gave him the power to deceive Eve. She could not resist God's power directed through Satan and thus Eve had no choice but to eat of the tree of knowledge. She, like the snake, were under supernatural control and thus innocent of any wrong-doing.

Eve fails the criteria of mens rea, Latin for evil intent, a fundamental requirement of secular and biblical law, and thus Eve was innocent of any wrong-doing.

No human judge in his right mind would have judged A & E the way God did before God set the conditions that insured that A & E also died from neglect and the locking away of the tree of life. That was murder.

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

I'm kind of with you on this one. While I try to be a respectful believer, the whole Forbidden Fruit deal strikes me as a set up. God creates the world and everything in it, including Adam and Eve. Then there's this one tree in this free and easy garden they live in that they mustn't touch. Of course He knows how they will react; He created them. Why did the tree even need to be there? It could have been far away in, say, east Baluchistan or deep in the Amazon jungle, but no - it's within walking distance, and specifically pointed out to them. Just what was God trying to pull?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I hear you.

If you are a respectful believer then you will look into Gnostic Christianity.

They go more to the root of the myth and recognize that the Jews got it right and Christians got it wrong when they changed what Jews saw as our elevation to the Christian fall.

This link might help you to start reading Genesis the right way but if you really wish to seek God as Jesus said you should then the Gnostic Christian way is the way to do it. You have to decide to be a Universalist though as Gnostic Christians see the spark of God in all of us and we, unlike Christians, give women, full equality. Give, is of course the wrong word, but you know what I mean.

http://www.mrrena.com/misc/judaism2.php

Regards
    DL

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Of course it was a setup! The other gods needed an excuse to toss this pesky new creation out of their garden. So they showed how, given a little nudge, humans would get uppity; acquire knowledge that's reserved for the gods, aspire to immortality - eventually become as gods themselves.

The gods were right, of course: we've been trying to do those very things, ever since.

8. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Jeeves, are you the serpent?

9. Great Old One Registered Member

It's a somewhat discouraging story to suggest that consciousness/knowledge is not good.

BTW I had an Eastern Orthodox person tell me Gnostic Christianity is actually a contradiction. I had to laugh.

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Not surprising. That is what Jesus also taught. The Gnostic Jesus, not the one Rome invented.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Regards
    DL

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

They probably helped their Roman friends kill us and burn our scriptures. I shall have to check that out.

The main reason seems to be that they were fighting for literal reading and the Gnostics were against that notion. So was the real Jesus as he was a Universalist just like Gnostics.

Christianity just could not live without their carrot and stick mentality.

Their idiotic belief in hell is the result.

Regards
    DL

12. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

Too many faulty assumptions to list. You continually condemn the Bible through the interpretation of an eight-year-old.

And the law generally holds that ignorance is no excuse.

13. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

It does with children too immature to even know they are naked.

So stop lying to us please.

Regards
    DL

14. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

You are obviously too naive to realize a metaphor when you see one. The knowledge of good and evil is the capacity for value judgements, and all that you assume as punishments are simply direct results of such a capacity. Without value judgement man would not have significant free will, an ostensible goal of creation.

15. wellwisher Banned Banned

Sin is not imputed where there is no law. By eating of the tree of good and evil, law was defined and sin become imputed. It was not a sin to drive a car without a license when cars first appear. It became a sin only after a law said it was. By eating of this tree, sin was brought to the humans. The problem was, free will and choice does not mean the law that will be made, will be objective or fair. Nor does it mean enforcement of the law will not use evil as a means of enforcement.

Say a king is greedy and since he has full power, he makes a law taxing all his citizens at 90%. With this law, it is now a sin not to pay 90% tax. It was not a sin yesterday, but only after the law is made. Those who refuse to pay this excessive tax, can now be beaten, tortured and killed. These actions will be defined as righteous behavior, since it is condoned by the law for its enforcement. The evil enforcement that is a worse sin, in an objectives world, will not be imputed as a sin, because no law will made against it.

President Obama lied about health care to make it law. This con would be a moral sin in a world of universal law. But man made law, as defined by liberalism, says this as not a sin. In the case of Benghazi, those who help the lie get a promotion. This is because objective sin was not defined as a sin, but as something good for the cause.

The lesson here is that women tend to be attracted to con artists. The con artist tells her what she wants to hear and plays on her insecurities and emotions. Satan figured out Eve was insecure and told her this apple will make you like God, all knowing. This is what she wanted to hear. Religion keeps this lesson active so women watch for con artists.

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Creation has no consciousness and sets no goals.

Good and evil in terms of a moral sense, morals, ethics etc., are only developed by a species with multiple members so that they will find the best ways to live with each other. God was the only one of his group, so to speak, and had no reason or ability through interaction with his own to create a moral sense for himself.

I do not believe in a creator God but if God wanted to learn of morals then he had to create man to get that information.

He has learned from man. Note how we ignore God's barbaric laws.

Free will has nothing to do with God murdering A & E through neglect.

Regards
    DL

17. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Wellwisher

"By eating of this tree, sin was brought to the humans.".

How is it a sin to open ones eyes and as God said, become as Gods.

What sin is done when becoming as God. A damned good thing and much better than being in ignorant bliss and eyes closed. Right?

For your information on the better Jewish way of looking at a Jewish myth.

http://www.mrrena.com/misc/judaism2.php

Regards
    DL

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Eve was a bitch!!!

[wink]

19. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

Bare assertion conflicting the Bible you claim to be referencing.

20. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Without her, Adam would still be playing with his toes in ignorant bliss and his eyes closed.

Regards
    DL

21. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

That for the conversation.

Regards
    DL

22. TheHun Registered Member

Ok, so the god from genesis tells MAN that HE cannot eat from the forbidden tree. Never said a thing to EVE about it. :shrug:

Why then is this so-called fall from grace her fault? If she was excluded from the conversation and Adam did not think it was necessary to let her in on that little secret, then he is the one to blame, god neglected his duty in training his humans appropriately, and Eve was just being smart by trying to gain the wisdom this fruit was supposed to impart.

Typical, misogyny at work in all its glory.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

GIA,

Are you a woman, or do wish you were a woman??

jan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.