Doctor Who 9 vs Doctor Who 10

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by lixluke, Mar 21, 2007.

?

Which do you prefer as Doctor Who

1. Doctor Who #9

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Doctor Who #10

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Good Morning enterprise D

I hope all is going well with you

I just watch Evolution agin last night, and yes you are right, he could have taken a hit from a Dalek, somehow i thought Soloman got completely dis-integrrated by the dalek strik but last night i noticed he did not. he probably would ahve re-generated though, which seems a waste of a life if you ask me, bearing in mind he only 2 or 3 left, not sure how they are going to get around that when the time comes.
    or as you say he was completely fed up with the daleks.

yes you are probably right, and of course as you say they needed to let a dalek live so they can have another dalek episode of sorts.

hello CoolSkillz

hows it going?

yes i forgot about that, which is why what the Face of Boe said in gridlock is so significant, as far as i am concerned this is the real thing which series 3 revolves round.

i dont know whetehr they are genderless as far as we are concerned, rather they just dont give a shit to much about shagging and the like, as time lords or a well superior race and shit. baically i dont have a clue, but thats what fasciniates me about it all

On a slightly different note, the tardis is meant to be fucking huge, and in the new series' they have not taken us further than the console room.

In the classic series (espically around docs 4 and 5)there were some episodes whjere you would actually see other parts fo the tradis.

remeber castravla and logopolis? we got to see also the rooms of some fo the companions and so on.

Also in one of to m bakers episodes you actually found out that the tradis had a swimmign pool!!! i only saw part of that adventure once, so the memory is kinda sketchy and i cant remember much about it. does anyone have any ideas?

So basically for series 3 we need more tardis interior and the Master.

~~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

So has anyone got any ideas about this Mr Saxon sub plot.

the most interesting part of the series if you ask me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. eburacum45 Valued Senior Member

I remember that one;
    The Invasion of Time.
    it involved a chase through the rarely-used parts of the Tardis. These were lots of corridors, a small pool and some sort of bridge. It looked like a small disused leisure centre.

Apparently Peter Davidson jettisoned a large proportion of the mass of the Tardis to gain extra thrust in the serial Castrovalva; perhaps the swimming pool was in that mass. Today's Tardis is of an undefined extent; a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since Castrovalva, and it could be any size.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Leela was seen swimming in the Tardis pool in that story set (which was her last).

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

I had just assumed he was the current "guy from Torchwood", and that they're doing their best to capture or eradicate the Doctor.
    Damn, now I'm wondering.

9. orcot Valued Senior Member

I'm also guessing that it's a crossover with torchwood but the actor that Mr Saxon is John Simm (the guy from life on mars [that by the way was extremely good])

10. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

I've had a few spoilers for weeks which are now coming to light in the series but I won't share them unless asked. Not sure I'm convinced about this weeks episode, hoping they'll answer questions about the watch, like how if she was supposed to open it to bring him back, it hasn't brought him back when somebody else opened it? As always I'm either too observant or I missed something.

One thing you're correct on is the torchwood crossover, in fact one episode will join and continue from the point torchwood finished.

11. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Dear MR Flaf,

i hope you are well.

please reveal the spoilers, hopefully i ahve nto heard htem before. pls PM me if you may in politness to the others.

Thanks Pete and Ebucuram for the info.

Buggers knows what the tardis is like now, i a sure the DOC can just chop and change it when he wants, adding rooms and taken them away.

~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

~~~~~~~~

take it ez
    zak

12. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

I've just watched a series 10 episode and its dawned on me that the sphere in the last two episodes containing the cult of skaro broke down the barrier between two worlds, so did it come from the alternative universe? If so then the ones killed in new york after the temporal shift would have come from there so wouldn't the cult of skaro still exist?

13. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

No, it was a "lifeboat" from the "real" universe that was used to save some of the Daleks during the final war (how many "final wars" have there been?). It went into a sort of limbo, and came through when the Cybermen started p*ssing about...

Nope see above.
    What really scared me was that there were four Daleks and they were planning on becoming more human-looking.
    Can you think of four humanoids with technological appendages bent on taking over the world?

Tinkwinky, Lala, Dipsy, Po - RUUUUN!!!

14. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hello Oli and all

I hope you had good weekends

Just wondering what you thought of the return of the Master?

What intrigues me is how they are going to explain it? Wasn't he last time we saw suck into the eye of harmony in the tardis and secondly he had run out of regenerations

So now they have to answer 2 questions how did he get out of the eye of harmiony and 2, where did the new regenerations come from?

~~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

15. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Interesting, I was waiting to watch the second part but it hasn't been on, I remember the doctor saying you can't travel between parallel worlds, and being in the 'voidspace' between presumably is what opens up the rift. I didn't really get how the daleks put themselves into this void and then came back out of it. My understanding was the sphere started all that crap but the humans opened it up more and the cybermen exploited it. Seeing as the sphere had zero mass/energy/ all other readings they lost me. So basically it's possible to place yourself in the void and wait? So the great time war would have taken place before the events of this particular episode unless you can travel back in time in the void.

I'm aware I overthink things.

There's never only four daleks, there's millions of them in the void alone.... I sense a comeback

16. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Be interesting to see where it goes from here, probably build a new tardis.
    Interesting. Seeing as he's a time traveller I'd presume it's only his 4th regeneration or something. How many have been confirmed before?

17. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi Anti Flag

i hope all is good with you.

their are 2 solutions too this in my opinion

1) The doctor fucks around with jacks Time ring device thing with his sonice screw driver and gets it working
    2) The Master must have had a Tardis (even though the last time we saw him he did not), cos how the hell did he get that far in the future, so therefore they could look for his tradis and use it.

Well apprently the Master used up all his regnerations long ago (tom Baker era), and it was only in the Story "Keeper of Traken" where he harnessed some ancient power to posses a new body. during the era of Tom Baker you see the Master as some decaying old wreck in in his last regeneration, and he was for ever trying to find ways of gaining a new body or regenerations.

he kept this form for the 5th doc, 6th doc and the 7th doc. When the movie came out in the 90's with paul McCann (8th doc) the Master had been esxecuted/sentenced to death on Skaro (the home planet of the daleks)and the Doc was to transport him (as some sort of an energy worm force thing) back to gallifreye, however things went wrong and the Master possessed another body. At the end of the film he had a fight with the doc and ended up in the eye of harmony of the tardis which you woudl assume there is no coming back from.

So these questions need to be answered
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak