Doctor Who 9 vs Doctor Who 10

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by lixluke, Mar 21, 2007.

?

Which do you prefer as Doctor Who

1. Doctor Who #9

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Doctor Who #10

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Dear All,

I prefer Tennat, and guess what doc who starts again today in the UK

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

how exctied am i

The best doctor is definitely Tom baker.

Hopefully in this new series they will bring back "the mAster"

And hopefully they will introduce some other time lords who survived the time war....

does anyone have any spoilers??
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Take iot ez zak

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. orcot Valued Senior Member

seen the first episode now seems he will be traveling with a student doctor. It's to early to say that the season is going to be good but I liked the episode especialy the part with the shoe. Like with the actor I think the season is going to be a little more lighter then with eccelston buth hey it's funny

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Is there another Doctor somewhere? The big face told him that he was not alone.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The more recent Dr. Who episodes are very good.

I didn't steal them, just watched on the internet, streaming FLV. If I see them in the store, I will buy them, but I won't get cable.

8. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Dear coolskill

I hope you are well.

The face of Boe in his vague statement "you are not alone" could mean a number of things, however what do you mean by another doctor? To me it probaly means one of the following:

1) Another Time Lord survived the time war, eg "the master" - the master was quite a bad dude and one of the Doctors enemeies in the classic series.
    - however apparently timelords can sense for telepathy etc.. if another time lord is alive, but with the master being so bad perhaps he has not picked this up yet? _ who knows
    2) the first doctor actually travelled with his grandaughter, so the doctor may have a son about or something.
    3) or another explanation.

You see the thing is the faxce of Boe has been around for like billions of years so he would know. the doctor cant just dismiss what the face has told him cos of the ffaces age and the fact that the face knows shit loads, however the doctor feels that he would "know" if another timelord is around"

In Doctor who confidential, David tennant said that the Face of boe was not lying but the doctor is correct too in beleiving he is alone. David tennant says that the answer will be explored over the series as a running theme and the answer to this mystery lies somewher in between (or something like that)

Does this make sense at all??!?!?

~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

9. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

An alternative meaning could be that the Face of Bo was telling the Doctor that he doesn't have to go through his travels alone, as he has done. Yes, he's had "companions" - but never a proper relationship. So maybe the FoB was telling him that in his new companion he was not alone - and should finally act on any feelings he has.

Anyhoo - apparently the Master is in this latest series.
    From what I hear he's less "evil" and more just misguided and self-absorbed.
    Hope they choose a good actor.

10. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

hI sARKUS,

THANK YOU FOR your analysis

perhaps, but perhaps not
    lets hope so.

but perhaps it is not a time lord (the master is a time lord) as the face said you are the last of the time lords and then went on to say you are not alone. which means that it is something else.

well actually i dont really have a clue...

the Master would be great though.

~~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

11. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Doctor Who has a grandaughter?
    ????

12. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hey cool Skills

hows it going?

Yes well when Doctor who came out in the 60's he originally travelled with his grandaughter called susan, but i think he left her on earth for some reason, i dont know to much about 60's era Doctor who though.

The doctor is about 900 yrs old, so he must ahve shagged a few birds in his day..

Did you see evolution of the daleks on Saturday? that was ok a bit off key in palces though.

~~~~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

13. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

I seem to recall that this is how the whole travel companion thing started...and plausibly why there's always a woman, at least as the main sidekick.

14. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hello enterprise

I am not sure whetehr it is a ruile about the woman companion thing, but it is usually the case.
    however their has been a couple of occasion which i can think of when the Doc had a male companion.

i think the 2nd doctor had a companion called Jamie (a bloke) and the 4th Doctor (tom Baker) had a guy called Adric, who stepped on the scene when romana (who wass quite hot) was left in E-space (as she wanted to adventure around there for some reason), for a few episodes before he meet Tegan and meet back up with nessau (dont know howw you spell her name) in Logopolis

~~~~~~~~~
    Take it ez
    zak

15. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Tom Baker had Sarah Jane Smith and various secondary sidekicks. But yes, the Second Doctor did indeed carry along a male companion. Odd, I seem to remember there was a woman attached to the Second Doctor as well.

16. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Doctor Who is gay? Did he really take male companions? He's Doctor Bi.

If he has been shagging all of those male and female companions for so many centuries, he probably has lots of grandkids and great grandkids.

Why did he keep tell the Daleks to hurry up and shoot him the first time in the park? Has he gone mad? What was the purpose of that strategy? How did he know they were not going to kill him? He actually acted surprised that they didn't. WTF.

I have never seen any of the previos Doctor Who. Only 9 and 10. I can't believe it has been going on so many years, and I never heard of it. Was it that crappy? It must have not gained much popularity.

I know Sarah Jane Smith is that older woman. They made a spin-off about her. Torchwood is the other spinoff that I saw. Those are the only spinoffs I know about.

17. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

He called her his grand-daughter, but she wasn't really. An adoptive grand-daughter, in a way.

Females have always been prominent in the companion roles, and their character is a reasonable barometer of the changing social attitudes to women. The female companions have generally become stronger and more independent throughout the series, being less scream and swoon, and more kick-ass.

Anyway, give the the golden age (3rd, 4th, and 5th doctors) any day

18. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi enterprise D

i think the girl was called Zoe

~~~~~~~~~~
    trake it ez
    zak

19. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Dear Pete,

hows it going?

good to see another doctor who fan

You are obviously older than me so i will take your word on it.

True,

the 3rd and 4th docs were great the 5th one was ok, however i prefered colin baker (no 6) over peter davison (no 5)

Good Morning cool skils

The Doc aint gay as far as i know.

Just cos they are his companions does not mean he shags them. in fact apart from Rose, their has been no real signs of proper romance between the Doctor and one of his female companions anyway, apart from that joke of a Movie in 1996.

That is why the school reunion with Sarah Jane was a bit wierd, she was going on as if she fancied the pants off him and was properly in love and shit like that, but when Sarah jane was around, the Doctor was Tom baker, hardly fanciable for the girls apart from his charisma as the Doctor and his unrivaled knowledge etc..

He was trying to work out whether they needed him i suppose, espically as Dalek sec stop the others from exterminating him at the beginning. As the Darleks are set to kill he was probably a bit suprise, perhaps he thought that the darleks would elave the humans only if they killed their main enemy

You should check them out, however they are quite a it different to the ones nowadays.

Apparanetly Captain jack is back for the last 3 episodes of this series which should be fun, espicially if the Master is back, but fuck knows how they are going to explain how he is back though.

Pete any thoughts on the above

20. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Ah yes Zoe!! I knew that

Doctor Who is supposed to be sexless as far as I can tell, he wouldn't be bogged down by gender definitions as we are. He's a Time Lord, driven by 'higher' motivations, but fascinated by what drives humanoids, Terrans in particular. Zak is right tho, the only actual romantic feelings we see the Doctor showing is to Rose.

Just saw the Evolution of the Daleks 'sode...I think the Doctor might have been planning to use another regeneration after getting shot? He was kinda gung-ho for a laser beam to the chest. Dalek Sek looked really odd as a human hybrid

leave em in the metal casing I say.

21. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hey Enterprise

Hows it going?

I agree with The doctor being sexless and into higher motivations.

Are you sure he would of regenerated after taking a hit from a dalek laser, bearing in mind they disintegrate their targets or so it seems. And what would be the point of using up another regeneration.

I still dotn really understand why he was provoking them so much, its not like he had the tardis shield up his sleave (like in the Parting of the ways) or any other plan like in doomsday, unless he did, but as far as i can see it was to provoke them into revealing what they were up to.

Also at the end why did dalek Khan temproal shift again, he could of exterminated the doctor there and then and then shifted.

Now i think they should forget about the daleks for a season or 2 and concentrate on the Master or something.

~~~~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

22. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

I also got the feeling that the Doctor was extremely tired of dealing with the Daleks...maybe he was resigned to taking a laser blast and ending it. However, he did withstand a lightning strike, which I imagine - as a planetary level energy discharge - would be a teeny-weeny bit more powerful than a Dalek laser.

I guess maybe he could take a pot shot or two.

But yes, it seemed to be a contrived way of provoking Dalek Sek into some sort of non violent action.

Dalek Khan shifting could be explained away by the amount of power required to do it...maybe he just didn't have enough power to shoot the Doctor and shift. Perhaps he saw the Doctor's exquisite extermination as a purpose, thus exterminating the Doctor would be an end of purpose. Or maybe it was just the writer's way of bringing back a Doc v Dalek episode once more time.

23. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

So there is another timelord since Susan is his granddaughter. He also mentioned in that episode that he had a child right? What was up with that? It was the one in the 2012 olympics when the little girl was possessed, and drawing friends.

So is it true that timelords are genderless? Why has Doctor Who never regenerated into a woman? Why does he always regernerate into a white british bloke? Why not a Chiniman or negro?