Do you recognize the paradoxes in the description of your God?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Greatest I am,

I need nothing but the facts as written in the myths of the bible to show and have others know and see that the bible's genocidal son murderer is just that.

Regards
    DL[/QUOTE]

How have you concluded that God is a ''son murderer''?

jan.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sorcerer Put a Spell on you Registered Senior Member

jan.[/QUOTE]

Oh, OK, I get it. God is not human and can therefore kill anyone and it's not murder by that definition, even if it's his/her son. Neat way out. Genocide? No way, he's not human so it doesn't count, that's just fine.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

God just doesn't kill ''anyone'', and he didn't kill Jesus.
    You should read the Bible carefully.

jan.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

Here I thought the Religion subforum was beneath you. As Jan says, read the Bible. Men killed Jesus.

8. Capracus Valued Senior Member

9. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

jan.[/QUOTE]

Who demanded and accepted that Jesus be murdered for the redemption of sin?

God did.

Did he think of that before sin was even possible?

Yes.

Eve was correct in eating of the tree of knowledge and rejecting God.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

This indicates that Jesus had no choice.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women. They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqN8EYIIR3g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dspWh9g3hU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c0RFxXrYzg&feature=related

Regards
    DL

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Yes. As agents predestined to do so by God.

Read your bible.

Here let me help you.

This is the smoking gun.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

[video=youtube;4ott15j2KwQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ott15j2KwQ&feature=related[/video]

Regards
    DL

11. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

12. Capracus Valued Senior Member

It’s a basic tenet of Christianity that the birth, life and death of JC were divinely engineered. So in this sense the “victim“ got what he asked for.

13. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Absolutely he was asking for it as he could have left town anytime he wanted. Instead he forced Judas to turn him in.

Check your dictionary for the word sop. If a student of religion you will take the time for this first clip.
    If you are not then the second is the quick and dirty version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F32-J425ArA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsLqEMulYDw

Regards
    DL

14. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

You are correct but Christians are going against a lot of morality by accepting substitutionary or vicarious atonement.

Check out all the quotes speaking against it.

[video=youtube;YoHP-f-_F9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoHP-f-_F9U[/video]

THE BLOOD OF CHRIST

There is no operation of Divine wisdom that has been so completely misapprehended and misrepresented as the shedding of the blood of Christ. Popular preaching brings it down to a level with the sacrifices of idolatrous superstition, by which wrathful deities are supposed to be placated by the blood of a substitutionary victim. Christ is represented as having paid our debts—as having died instead of us—as having stood in our room like a substitute in military service, or like a man rushing to the scaffold where a criminal is about to be executed, and offering to die instead of him (a favourite illustration in the evangelical pulpit).

Such views are contradicted by even the most superficial facts of the case; for if Christ died instead of us, then we ought not to die (which we do); and if he paid the penalty naturally due from us—death—he ought not to have risen (which he did). And if his death was of the character alleged, the redeeming power lay in itself and not in the resurrection that followed; whereas Paul declares to the Corinthians that, notwithstanding the death of Christ, “if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain: ye are yet in your sins” (1- Corinthians 15:17).

Further, if Christ has paid our debts, our debts are not “forgiven,” for it would be out of place for a creditor to talk of having forgiven a debt which someone else has paid for the debtor; and thus is blotted out the very first feature of the gospel of the grace of God—the forgiveness of our sins “through the forbearance of God” (Romans 3:25 ).

Regards
    DL

15. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Greatest I am,

How so?

Are we supposed to take your word for it, or are you going to show us how you know this??

No she wasn't. Her man told her not to.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If it read ''He was forced...., you may have a point. ''Ordained'' is the word used in the KJV Bible, either way it doesn't sound like he had gun at his head. Do you have anything else that could back up your claim?

Why does it?

Philippeans 2:5-8_ ''Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form lof a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.''

Do you know what sin is?

Still, she had a choice. She didn't have to eat, nor was she forced to eat. She simply decided to.
    Do you have anything that contradicts that?

The only question begging is coming from your over-active imagination.

Irrelevant.

jan.

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Jan

Jesus said, I do my fathers will and not my own. That is being forced.

As to Eve, God gave Satan the power to deceive the whole world. That means that Eve could not resist being tempted by Satan.

Your other questions and comments are not worthy of a response.

Regards
    DL

17. Sorcerer Put a Spell on you Registered Senior Member

I weakened, being bored at the time. And I don't read much fiction these days, I prefer writing it. And I don't know what Jan says 'cos he/she is on ignore. And god gave the order, no?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  18. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

No, God did not give the men who killed Jesus any "order". You might say God predicted it, based on his understanding of the nature of man, without any need to coerce anyone's free will. And while Jesus could have evaded his fate, it would have required denouncing his belief and claim, something no martyr could morally countenance.

19. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

What utter nonsense. Jesus could have easily been arrested without one of his trusted companions selling him out for money. Anyone who sells out their friends for money is definitely a bad guy.

20. Capracus Valued Senior Member

Being implicitly omniscience, God knew the outcome of the entire narrative, meaning JC was simply following a script which included the faux sacrifice of an implied immortal being. Typically when a martyr dies they don’t get up.

21. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

So based on the nature that God created in man, and knowing that he had made a nature that would definitely sin, he created it that way anyway, even though he wanted to create sinless men.

Quite insane that from Einstein's POV that says that to continue to do something the same way and expect a different result is a sign of insanity.

Thanks for pointing out the insanity of God.

Regards
    DL

22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Yes. Unless asked to do so by the one who wishes to be the victim as Jesus did.

Look up the word sop that the bible uses and note that it's use definitely makes Judas Jesus' most trusted for the job of insuring that the authorities know where to find Jesus.

Do try to reason it out around the word sop.

View attachment 6851

Regards
    DL

23. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Not fair to give such facts.

God/Jesus can so die, --- sort of.

All Gods can. Oh wait, bible God cannot die, sort of, except in this case, sort of.

Regards
    DL