Do you have the brainpower to understand this?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lixluke, Aug 7, 2007.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

What about aliens?
    1. Aliens do exist.
    2. Alients don't exist.
    3. There is a great possibility that aliens exist.
    4. There is a great possibility that alients do not exist.

If you fall into #2 or #3 in terms of God/diety, you abide by neither atheism or theism according to the traditional definition. I'll have to edit my post to include something I intended to put in there, but forgot.

Please reconsider my edit. Specifically #4 and 5:
    TRADITIONAL:
    "God does not exist" -> Atheism.

1. "I have no opinion on the existence of God or any related matters" -> Not atheism. Has not taken up either "ism" of theism or atheism. Neither can go on his list of personal isms.

2. "I have never been exposed to the concept of God" -> Not atheism. Possibly raised by wolves in the middle of a deserted island on Mars.

3. "I do not know if God does or does not exist. Man cannot and will not ever know if God does or does not exist." -> Agnosticism. The second part "Man cannot and will not ever know if God does or does not exist" is an active position which is the "ism" of agnosticism. The first part, "I do not know if God does or does not exist" is simply extra information that happens to be an inevitable byproduct of the actual ism of agnosticism. But the second part has nothing to do with what makes "agnosticism" and "ism".

4. "I do not know if God does or does not exist. I do not include the position that man cannot and will not ever know if God does or does not exist." -> Not atheism. Not agnosticism. In order to fall under an "ism", you have to take up a position. "I know such and such".

5. "I do not know if God does or does not exist. I don't necessarily believe that man will never know if God does or does not exist." -> Not atheism. Not agnosticism. In order to fall under an "ism", you have to take up a position. "I know such and such".

You are closer to being agnostic than atheist. However, because you don't have that active belief that "man will never know if God does or does not exist", you cannot be considered to fall under any "ism". Therefore, you cannot be considered to be under agnosticism. It many places, people are under the impression that "agnosticism" means one that does not know whether or not God exists. However, we know that this is incorrect. The reason that extra part about "man will never know" must be included is because an "ism" needs an avtive position. "I know that man will never know whether or not God exists." -> Agnosticism.

I don't know if there is an "ism" for the belief that intelligent life exist. If there was, I personally would not fall under any ism as I abide by #3 in the above alien list.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Aivar A.R. Registered Senior Member

it's supposed to break your barriers and make you eventually tell the truth... ? In other words, break you down.

"But I don't understand why you get upset at everything I say." - "Because you really smell when you open your mouth." - "WHAT???" *starts talking* - *wait a while* "nah, you're just annoying with asking the same question."

Attack back. That'd work. Battle strategy in mere words. Caused by eons of conflict eating its way into behaviour.

I wish I had :m: ...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Dude, omg, stop... you're killing me here! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The_Hunter Banned Banned

What is there to understand? It's not a conundrum or anything. It's pure retarded nonsense.

8. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Lix, do us a favor and go permanently catatonic like Person B, mmkay? That'll solve every single one of your problems and eliminate one of ours.

See? Everybody wins!

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

This is really troubeling you isnt it.. ?

10. vslayer Registered Senior Member

that sounds a lot like a conversation with you. whenever we post something that contradicts you we get "Irrelevant! Troll!" spat back at us.

11. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Atheism = without theism, it's not an "ism" in and of itself, it's being without that particular "ism".
    But then again you always do make up your own definitions.

12. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Can lixluke explain to me what this thread is about?

I first thought that person A must have been on a personal development course.
    If you know anyone who has been on these courses, they are brainwashing, usually corporate funded. Unfortunately for the corporatons, and fortunately for the rest of us , the effects last about a month.

Looking at it again, I see that it it is no normal argument.
    It is a circular argument in which no-one introduces any facts or examples to support their point of view.
    Both people are using a circular technique.

Lixluke. Stop beating about the bush and explain yourself.
    What is it you want to say? Put it in Plain words.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  13. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

WRONG. This has already been addressed.

14. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

The point is PERSON A asks why PERSON B gets annoyed/frustrated/upset during coveration.
    PERSON B points out that PERSON A has severely demented conversation skills. PERSON A basically omits everything PERSON B says as if it was never said. PERSON B repeats the same thing over and over while PERSON A never seems to hear it. Eventually PERSON B gets quite upset.

Of course when PERSON B explains this to PERSON A, PERSON A does not address this. PERSON A simply dismisses it as if it was never said, and goes back to the same question like a broken parapalegic record.

I'll give an example in this thread of circular reasoning.
    Some people beleive that the term "Atheism" = without theism.
    I state that this is incorrect. I state what atheism means, and provide many points to why this is incorrect. I state how you cannot have an "ism" that is not a belief.
    Really dumb individual respons by saying something that has already been addressed"
    "Atheism = without theism, it's not an "ism" in and of itself, it's being without that particular "ism"."

POINT: You cannot negate an "ism" by adding an "A" in front of it. It is illogical. I already explained why it is illogical. Adding an "A in front of an "ism" does not negate it, but represents an antithetic position. I provided all of the clean information as to why this is. Yet all of it was completely ignored so some moron can come in, and restate what was already addressed. That is circular reasoning. Some people do not understand how to have a relevand discussion.

In the case of A snd B. PERSON B is basically telling PERSON A the following: "You state that you do not understand why I get upset whenever I try to talk to you. I explained a hundred gazillion f***ing times why I get upset. Then you sit there, claiming that you do not understand why I get upset. WTF?"

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  15. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

The point being of course, that your version of "logical" has nothing to do with the real world.

You are the only one here that doesn't actually realise that you are person A in these conversations.

16. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Thanks for your answer, and your patience.
    You've tried, but I'm still lost.

In reply to your original question, I'll have to say
    "No, I don't have the brainpower to understand this"

I'm going to leave this thread alone
    and go to one which is more at my level.
    Why cats miaou or something.

17. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Sorry to hear that. Better luck next time.

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Do you have the brainpower to understand this?
    Sure! Person A is a woman.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Well maybe we need another word for it then. The ism at the end of the word atheism doesn not mean that i believe god doesnt exist. Do not try to tell me otherwise, i think i have a better understanding of myself than do have of me.
    Also, i am an atheist (= not a theist) and not an atheism. Atheists dont even form any particular group.
    It would be best to have another word for atheism since it seems to confuse people..

20. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

:roflmao:

I read that part yesterday and read again today, and still can't help
    myself to stop laughing, this guy is hilarious, lol

no brainpower needed.
    PERSON A = Lixluke
    PERSON B = Cool skill
    They talked to each other through mirror.

21. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

You know, come to think of it, you're right! The biggest hint would've been adding "troll" somewhere in there. Good job, inzomnia!

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Surely adding the word "troll" would be IRRELEVANT!

23. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Irrelevant. What you are has no relevance to the definition of a word.
    1. You hold God exists. (Until you see proof otherwise). Theism.
    2. You hold that God does not exist. (Until you see proof otherwise). Atheism.
    3. You do not know whether or not God exists. Not categorized under any particular ism.
    4. You believe no one will ever know for sure if God exists. (Agnosticism

An atheist is one that falls under the ism of atheism. That is the purpose for the word atheism. You cannot be an atheist if you do fall under #1. Nobody is telling you which bloody category you fall under. Nobody knows better than you which category you fall under. I am simply stating the proper terms that have been twisted around by idiotic websites such as infedels.com.

Of course you do not have to accept the normal standard definitions, and you may accept the standards of the infedels site or come up with your own. As long as you know which category you fall under, you can call yourself whatever you want. Call yourself a gay bright if that make you feel better.